• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cutest Multitasker Rides into Battle! Mona for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Aside from her cheer squad, I also had the idea that she could call in her pets to basically perform Wario's Smash Ultimate FS, though I guess it would be without the final fart strike that sends opponents flying at the end?

My sentiments exactly. Honestly, despite all the demand for a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash, I legit STILL have a difficult time picturing just about anyone from that series in 3D. As for Wario's cast, I can see them working out (Yes, even in their Game & Wario appearances). Then again, I suppose it helps that Ashley, Kat and Ana have appeared as ATs in Smash with 3D models, no less.

BTW, I had a dream last night that Mona and Captain Syrup were confirmed appear in Smash Ultimate in some capacity at the same time. From the looks of things, Mona was playable, whereas Captain Syrup was an AT (Sorry, Captain Syrup fans). In case anyone wanted to know, Mona appeared to wear her iconic white mink coat and biker's helmet, but her dress underneath seemed to be a modified variation of her red sports bra and red mini-skirt that resembled the simple red dress she wears in WW Gold.
Interesting that was some dream.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys! A little surprised no one's posted this here, but...

All I can say to this is...why hasn't Nintendo done (extensive) voice acting in WarioWare sooner?! Personally, I love the little things here, like Mona instantly asking Wario how much the job pays, Ashley hanging up the MOMENT she hears Wario's distinct voice, and even Wario's voice acting in general!

Heck, I'm pretty sure this game will have Wario talk more than all of his previous voice-clips combined. Seriously, Nintendo NEEDS to let Charles Martinet extensively voice Wario more often.

Also, if you thought all of this was a surprise, this'll probably take the Wario fandom for a real loop.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/07/...players-to-create-their-own-dub-in-cutscenes/

I still can't believe this is going to be a thing. I can't wait for the ****storm this is going to turn into...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, considering the recent news of Smash Ultimate being in development since December 2015, do you think this will affect Mona's chances for Ultimate (or anyone from WW for that matter)?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hey guys, considering the recent news of Smash Ultimate being in development since December 2015, do you think this will affect Mona's chances for Ultimate (or anyone from WW for that matter)?
It'd mean any WW content would probably still take inspiration from G&W. Which is too bad for Mona because her Gold design looks great.

Also that was around the time where Ashley was being used heavily in the badge arcade and 3DS theme shop.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Or Sakurai could combine design elements from the Game and Wario Ashley with other depictions to have a new design, or he could've been given Gold's concept art for her.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So I just noticed something. Is it just me, or does Mona in WW Gold look quite a bit like Fujiko Mine from Lupin the 3rd? I mean, just look:

1532108392970.png

I mean, I'm not going crazy, right? Heck, even before WW Gold, I've felt like Mona drew a little bit of inspiration from her, but this...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So Mona's opening was just uploaded by GameXplain.

Odd, didn't she dislike Wario, or did I misremember? Still pretty neat though.

Last edited:

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan

She had a crush on Wario since the first game, I believe. It was also hinted at in some of the other games as well, though I am very surprised and pleased that they still included that fact. The fact that she outright states that she loves Wario shows how much time has passed since the first game and shows some character development for her.

Then again, maybe I'm overthinking about a series where everything is fun and weird.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Dang! I was JUST about to post this! Well, at least SOMEONE did it.:)

Anyways, I'm LOVING Mona's voice! It sounds SO sweet and adorable! This isn't a criticism, but I sort of thought she'd sound...even older? Either way, I'm loving her here, and even Joe as well!

Speaking of which, does anyone know who voiced them? I've been hearing people say that Mona is either Stephanie Sheh or Cristina Vee and Joe is hands-down Kyle Hebert.

BTW, Curious Villager Curious Villager . Mona's actually had a thing for Wario since the very first WW game. You (alongside MANY others, if the YouTube comments I've seen are anything to go by) probably didn't know about this due to her love for him only being stated in her bio in the first WW game's instruction manual.

Personally, I'm LOVING how Nintendo has Mona outright reaffirm her affection for him after 12 years of vagueness on that subject (After Mega Party Games, the following WW games (with the exceptions of Touched and Smooth Moves) seemed to downplay mentions of Mona's crush on Wario somewhat. Her crush on him was definitely still there, but it wasn't brought up often.).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess a part of that confusion may come due to the fact that she's usually the one that calls Wario out for his lack of pay to her and the rest of the Wario Ware employees, which was even referenced in Wario Ware Gold's opening.

I guess she does have a thing for him, but she wouldn't ever let that allow Wario to take advantage of her like that.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I guess a part of that confusion may come due to the fact that she's usually the one that calls Wario out for his lack of pay to her and the rest of the Wario Ware employees, which was even referenced in Wario Ware Gold's opening.

I guess she does have a thing for him, but she wouldn't ever let that allow Wario to take advantage of her like that.
It's more of a series wide thing.

Despite them not getting cheated by Wario many times, they still help him with his games because they are his friends.

Even this game makes it clear that they are nice enough despite him considering them all saps.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's more of a series wide thing.

Despite them not getting cheated by Wario many times, they still help him with his games because they are his friends.

Even this game makes it clear that they are nice enough despite him considering them all saps.
I should mention that it has been implied (I can't remember if it was in Mega Party Games, Twisted, or Touched) that while Wario's certainly not above ripping them off to get what he wants. he actually DOES enjoy their company somewhat.

In fact, I'd say that the fact that Wario has a (surprisingly) fairly well-preserved photo of them in his house must at least imply something nice, right?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
She had a crush on Wario since the first game, I believe. It was also hinted at in some of the other games as well, though I am very surprised and pleased that they still included that fact. The fact that she outright states that she loves Wario shows how much time has passed since the first game and shows some character development for her.

Then again, maybe I'm overthinking about a series where everything is fun and weird.
It actually does seem like there has been some overarching character development over the series as a whole. Ashley for example started of botching spells and needing help from a spell book. Then in G&W she is able to fix her own mistake while in Gold it seems she is fully helping someone else with her powers being completely under her control. I'd say the volt family has also gotten a bit more interesting as time went on.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I think Mona pretty much indirectly confirmed why her most common outfit is the white mink coat and biker helmet look. In her intro cutscene in Gold, she considers Wario to have the most amazing fashion sense, and (in WarioWare) his most common clothing consists of biker gear.

Just a neat little tidbit I thought I'd bring up.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey guys, I think Mona pretty much indirectly confirmed why her most common outfit is the white mink coat and biker helmet look. In her intro cutscene in Gold, she considers Wario to have the most amazing fashion sense, and (in WarioWare) his most common clothing consists of biker gear.

Just a neat little tidbit I thought I'd bring up.
That’s right, she idolizes Wario that much that she wants to dress her best to please him.

Even though we all know he’s about the riches than the *****es.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, so ALL of WW Gold's cutscenes have been uploaded!

If no one minds, I'd REALLY like to get my opinions on everyone's voices off my chest already, so here they are:

Jimmy T. - It... fits, but I always imagined his voice to be a little deeper.
Mona - She sounds so sweet! But...I imagined her to sound a bit...older, if that makes sense...
Dribble - Not as gruff as I would've liked him, but he's still good.
Spitz - Pretty good! Reminds me of Max from Sam and Max.
5-Volt - Sounds about how I expected her to sound, really. That said, I like it.
Ashley - I like it, but I think I would've liked it more if she had more dark sarcasm in her tone.
Red - Meh. It's alright.
Dr. Crygor - He sounds like he's trying to do a REALLY bad Dr. Briefs (Bulma's dad in Dragon Ball) impression, and I'd say it's pretty funny.
Mike - Like, the voice is fine...but couldn't they have given it a metallic sound to make him sound MORE like a robot?
18-Volt - His voice is really cool! I also love the idea of him rapping; fits really well.
Penny - The voice is fine, but I don't really care much for the way it's used.
Kat & Ana - Really liking them. In fact, BIG props to whoever voiced Ana. She sounds so adorable! Same goes for Kat.
9-Volt - Amazed they got him so spot-on, honestly. He doesn't sound too high-pitched or low-pitched! It's awesome!
Fronk - OK, did NOT expect HIM to talk. Nice voice though. Honestly, he and 9-Volt together REALLY make think of Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
Young Cricket - Sounds like how I pictured him. That said, I love how hype he gets over the most little/unimportant things.
Master Mantis - OK. Could've sounded a little older.
Orbulon - Eh, sounds about how I pictured him.
Joe - Not bad, but a little bland...

Say, does anyone know the voice cast? So far, I've been hearing this to be the cast list:

Charles Martinet - Wario
Stephanie Sheh - Mona, Kat
Robbie Daymond(?) - 18-Volt
Alexandra Cazares - Lulu
Kyle Hebert - Joe, Dribble, Dr. Crygor(?), Mike(?)
Cristina Vee - 5-Volt, 13-Amp
Griffin Putau - Spitz
Colleen O'Shaughnessey(?) - Ana
Laura Bailey(?) - Penny
Todd Haberkorn(?) - Fronk, Orbulon
Ben Diskin(?) - Red
Edward Bosco(?) Young Cricket

Last edited:

DaisyandRosalina

Smash Apprentice
I'd seriously love to see Mona join in Smash Ultimate even if her chances are low, she looks interesting in moveset and costumes potential more than every other Wario character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
SMASH ULTIMATE DIRECT ON WEDNESDAY!

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1026202051884150784

I'm not holding my breath for Mona, but I'll at least hope for something. Also, is it me, or is the Ashley hype reaching an all-time high in the last few weeks...? Like, I'm noticing how it's blowing Mona's popularity out of the water more than before...
Mostly it's due how she's been probably a true breakout character from the franchise, and currently her absence as an Assist, WW Gold's release last week as a good timing + being pushed by her popularity in games like Badge Arcade and Tank Troopers (quest cameo) before is making her seem a perfect candidate as to be next revealed newcomer in their eyes.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Mostly it's due how she's been probably a true breakout character from the franchise, and currently her absence as an Assist, WW Gold's release last week as a good timing + being pushed by her popularity in games like Badge Arcade and Tank Troops (quest cameo) before is making her seem a perfect candidate as to be next revealed newcomer in their eyes.

Quest cameo? I was under the impression that she appeared in one ad for the game and that was it. Is she actually in the game as a cameo?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It'd mean any WW content would probably still take inspiration from G&W. Which is too bad for Mona because her Gold design looks great.

Also that was around the time where Ashley was being used heavily in the badge arcade and 3DS theme shop.
Well, Breath of the Wild and SM Odyssey did get referenced in Ultimate, so who knows, really.

I should mention that it has been implied (I can't remember if it was in Mega Party Games, Twisted, or Touched) that while Wario's certainly not above ripping them off to get what he wants. he actually DOES enjoy their company somewhat.

In fact, I'd say that the fact that Wario has a (surprisingly) fairly well-preserved photo of them in his house must at least imply something nice, right?
Plus Wario Land 4's ending showed Wario's first signs of having a soft side, before Mega Microgames came out.

That’s right, she idolizes Wario that much that she wants to dress her best to please him.

Even though we all know he’s about the riches than the *****es.
Even Wario himself admits she's cute, at least during the first game.

Oh, and apparently, Mega Microgames' Japanese website apparently states she's actually loaded (hence the mink coat), it's just that her parents are too busy with their own professions.

It actually does seem like there has been some overarching character development over the series as a whole. Ashley for example started of botching spells and needing help from a spell book. Then in G&W she is able to fix her own mistake while in Gold it seems she is fully helping someone else with her powers being completely under her control. I'd say the volt family has also gotten a bit more interesting as time went on.
Meanwhile the Thang family has disappeared altogether. Seems to me like they didn't know what to do with them (and having more than one disco dancer would have been redundant anyway).

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I welcome Mona with open arms, sorry if she gets over taken by Ashley and her quite large fandom.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's as I usually say. I don't hate Ashley (though I'd be lying if I said I didn't think she was pretty...overrated...), but Mona captured my heart first. I just wish there was at least some inkling (no pun intended) of hope that she'd be added to Smash. Mona possibly having no chance + Ashley overall (at the current moment) is sort of killing my hype here...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would have personally preferred Mona myself. At least Ashley's popularity didn't grow so big to the point that even the Wario Ware games themselves dedicate an unfair amount of screentime towards her and overshadowing the rest of the cast (bar Wario himself of course).

I've got nothing against Ashley myself and I'll be happy for her fans but yeah.

I should probably get back to working on Mona's 3D model again soon so she will at least have that for potential Smash Ultimate mods among other things. (Unless she gets an Assist Trophy)

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
It's as I usually say. I don't hate Ashley (though I'd be lying if I said I didn't think she was pretty...overrated...), but Mona captured my heart first. I just wish there was at least some inkling (no pun intended) of hope that she'd be added to Smash. Mona possibly having no chance + Ashley overall (at the current moment) is sort of killing my hype here...
I didn't understand this sentiment until I saw how much Waluigi was being mentioned when Wario took over Nintendo's twitter account. How that guy can overshadow an entire game's cast of characters without even being in it kinda irked me, and I'm guessing Ashley invokes a similar feeling among dedicated Wario fans.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I would have personally preferred Mona myself. At least Ashley's popularity didn't grow so big to the point that even the Wario Ware games themselves dedicate an unfair amount of screentime towards her and overshadowing the rest of the cast (bar Wario himself of course).

I've got nothing against Ashley myself and I'll be happy for her fans but yeah.
Well, it's at least nice to see/know Mona still has fans whatsoever.

Honestly, you have no idea how glad I am about the first thing you mentioned. At least Nintendo still remembers that the series is titled WARIOWare first and foremost. Unfortunately, I suppose I can't exactly say the same for the cast in terms of merchandising. I still remember how after Game & Wario (so, like, 2013 to 2016?) Ashley was EVERYWHERE.

Heck, after Game and Wario, the rest of the cast didn't get ANYTHING (not even new ARTWORK) bar a couple of cameos here and there (And said cameos were primarily found in Smash 4 and Rhythm Heaven Megamix, unless I'm remembering it all wrong.)

Long story short, I feel like Nintendo basically didn't do much with the cast (outside of Ashley) UNTIL WW Gold. I mean, they could have added them to Super Mario Maker at least.

Just like you, I'll be happy for her fans, and I'll even be a little hyped over it, but said hype will probably die down a day or 2 later. Heck, said hype might even be filled with a little...annoyance...

I should probably get back to working on Mona's 3D model again soon so she will at least have that for potential Smash Ultimate mods among other things. (Unless she gets an Assist Trophy)
Oh, yeah! How IS that Mona model coming along anyhow? Also, is it sad that I'm hoping for Mona to at least be an AT?

I didn't understand this sentiment until I saw how much Waluigi was being mentioned when Wario took over Nintendo's twitter account. How that guy can overshadow an entire game's cast of characters without even being in it kinda irked me, and I'm guessing Ashley invokes a similar feeling among dedicated Wario fans.
Unfortunately, you might be right on the money there. Personally, I haven't seen that many Ashley haters, but the ones I do see seem to be REAL sick and tired of Ashley getting this much attention, and the rest of the cast gets little to nothing.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I see Mona making the roster to feature the Warioware series I know Ashley is popular but what help Mona is that she been a staple character sense the beginning and popularity doesn't help a character chances.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah the Wario Ware cast already has a hard enough time getting noticed by being overshadowed by Ashley as is, let alone getting overshadowed by a character who isn't even a part of the Wario Ware cast in popularity poll's dedicated solely to the Wario Ware franchise..

Well, it's at least nice to see/know Mona still has fans whatsoever.

Honestly, you have no idea how glad I am about the first thing you mentioned. At least Nintendo still remembers that the series is titled WARIOWare first and foremost. Unfortunately, I suppose I can't exactly say the same for the cast in terms of merchandising. I still remember how after Game & Wario (so, like, 2013 to 2016?) Ashley was EVERYWHERE.

Heck, after Game and Wario, the rest of the cast didn't get ANYTHING (not even new ARTWORK) bar a couple of cameos here and there (And said cameos were primarily found in Smash 4 and Rhythm Heaven Megamix, unless I'm remembering it all wrong.)

Long story short, I feel like Nintendo basically didn't do much with the cast (outside of Ashley) UNTIL WW Gold. I mean, they could have added them to Super Mario Maker at least.

Just like you, I'll be happy for her fans, and I'll even be a little hyped over it, but said hype will probably die down a day or 2 later. Heck, said hype might even be filled with a little...annoyance...

Oh, yeah! How IS that Mona model coming along anyhow? Also, is it sad that I'm hoping for Mona to at least be an AT?

Unfortunately, you might be right on the money there. Personally, I haven't seen that many Ashley haters, but the ones I do see seem to be REAL sick and tired of Ashley getting this much attention, and the rest of the cast gets little to nothing.
Yeah same, I like how they handled Ashley's popularity in Wario Ware Gold though, where her own special minigame is just tucked away in a separate section among other minigames. It serves the purpose of pleasing Ashley's fans without invading the rest of the game for those who don't care too much about her or prefer other Wario Ware characters. Hopefully they continue to do it like that if Intelligent Systems needs to continue pandering to the Ashley fanbase in future Wario Ware games.

That said, I hope some of the other characters get their own special minigames too at some point. At least 9-Volt got his Gamer minigame from Game & Wario back.

Unfortunately I haven't really gotten around to work on Mona's model, life came up and all. I'm currently trying to get Layton's model done, but I'll be sure to prioritise Mona's model afterwards once I'm done with that. Speaking of her model, should I implement some elements of her Wario Ware Gold design into her model or should I stick with the Wario Ware Smooth Moves look?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I see Mona making the roster to feature the Warioware series I know Ashley is popular but what help Mona is that she been a staple character sense the beginning and popularity doesn't help a character chances.
While I sadly don't have to TOO much faith in Mona being playable, I suppose she at least has THAT going for her. Though, that might not be enough...

Yeah the Wario Ware cast already has a hard enough time getting noticed by being overshadowed by Ashley as is, let alone getting overshadowed by a character who isn't even a part of the Wario Ware cast in popularity poll's dedicated solely to the Wario Ware franchise..
*sigh*.... YEAH. THAT'S pretty much the WarioWare cast's problem in a nutshell at the current moment. Usually, they're fighting to stay relevant in a series where one little witch's overall presence is enough to downplay the existence of the rest of them. And this isn't even getting into Waluigi...

Yeah same, I like how they handled Ashley's popularity in Wario Ware Gold though, where her own special minigame is just tucked away in a separate section among other minigames. It serves the purpose of pleasing Ashley's fans without invading the rest of the game for those who don't care too much about her or prefer other Wario Ware characters. Hopefully they continue to do it like that if Intelligent Systems needs to continue pandering to the Ashley fanbase in future Wario Ware games.

That said, I hope some of the other characters get their own special minigames too at some point. At least 9-Volt got his Gamer minigame from Game & Wario back.
TBH, I was a little afraid that Ashley getting a mini-game like that was I.S. pandering WAAAY too much to the Ashley fanbase once again, and leaving the rest of the cast in the wayside once again. Like, I get that she's popular, but please don't shove it down my throat...

Unfortunately I haven't really gotten around to work on Mona's model, life came up and all. I'm currently trying to get Layton's model done, but I'll be sure to prioritize Mona's model afterwards once I'm done with that. Speaking of her model, should I implement some elements of her Wario Ware Gold design into her model or should I stick with the Wario Ware Smooth Moves look?
Oh, well. It's no prob. We all have stuff come up every now and then. Anyways, I guess I'd ask around about the WW Gold elements to her design thing. Personally, I guess I'd redo her hairstyle to match the Fujiko Mine-esque look she gained in Gold, I suppose.

Otherwise, I'd keep the Smooth Moves look, as she had more..."realistic" proportions there (Well, as realistic as WarioWare could make them, I suppose).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, guys. Much to my shock. Ashley's out of the running for Smash yet again.

To be fair, I've always been more of a Mona fan, so this doesn't really bother me much. This might sound odd (and maybe even a little wrong), but part of why I'm a little unsettled over Ashley being deconfirmed is that I feel as if Mona (as much as I love her) was sort of..."dependent" on Ashley being in Smash.

Of course, I don't believe EVERY Wario character depends on her, but I can't help but feel some level of regret that Mona isn't as likely now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Well, guys. Much to my shock. Ashley's out of the running for Smash yet again.

To be fair, I've always been more of a Mona fan, so this doesn't really bother me much. This might sound odd (and maybe even a little wrong), but part of why I'm a little unsettled over Ashley being deconfirmed is that I feel as if Mona (as much as I love her) was sort of..."dependent" on Ashley being in Smash.

Of course, I don't believe EVERY Wario character depends on her, but I can't help but feel some level of regret that Mona isn't as likely now.
For what it's worth, It's still possible for Kat and Ana to get in as an echo of IC since their assist has yet to be shown.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Kat and Ana as an IC Echo is what I am banking on the most in terms of a new Wario rep, but Mona with a uniqe moveset would be pleasent surprise and one that I absolutely support.

I wouldn't have hated Ashley as a playable character, after all, any second Wario rep would be better then none, but I'm also more then in favor for any Wario character besides her to get the spotlight for once and Kat and Ana even getting the AT treatment in previous games tells me that Sakurai and team have payed at least some mind to the Ware cast, which doesn't need to mean anything, but one can hope.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, It's still possible for Kat and Ana to get in as an echo of IC since their assist has yet to be shown.
Honestly? I feel as if with Ashley staying as an AT, Kat and Ana (as much as I'd welcome them) would stay in their AT roles. Only because of Ashley's massive following and all. Unfortunately, this is what worries me in terms of characters like the Katana twins, Mona, 9-Volt, Captain Syrup, and so on ever being added to Smash in a playable role.

Kat and Ana as an IC Echo is what I am banking on the most in terms of a new Wario rep, but Mona with a unique moveset would be pleasant surprise and one that I absolutely support.

I wouldn't have hated Ashley as a playable character, after all, any second Wario rep would be better then none, but I'm also more in favor for any Wario character besides her to get the spotlight for once and Kat and Ana even getting the AT treatment in previous games tells me that Sakurai and team have payed at least some mind to the Ware cast, which doesn't need to mean anything, but one can hope.
That's pretty much my view on Wario and his series getting an additional character at this point in time. While I'm not COMPLETELY opposed to Ashley being playable, I'd like other members of the Wario cast (Ware AND Land) to have some sort of important role in Smash past a simple trophy.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Honestly? I feel as if with Ashley staying as an AT, Kat and Ana (as much as I'd welcome them) would stay in their AT roles. Only because of Ashley's massive following and all. Unfortunately, this is what worries me in terms of characters like the Katana twins, Mona, 9-Volt, Captain Syrup, and so on ever being added to Smash in a playable role.
I think if Kat and Ana got in, it would be purely out of convenience to please the whole of Warioware fans while also adding a newcomer that was rather easy to implement. I honestly welcome their inclusion more than any other possible newcomer now that I'm a warioware fan. Let's say on the off chance they got in, would you more or less opposed to this than if it were Ashley who became playable?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think if Kat and Ana got in, it would be purely out of convenience to please the whole of Warioware fans while also adding a newcomer that was rather easy to implement. I honestly welcome their inclusion more than any other possible newcomer now that I'm a warioware fan. Let's say on the off chance they got in, would you more or less opposed to this than if it were Ashley who became playable?
Honestly? While I'd REALLY prefer Mona much more, I'd more than welcome Kat and Ana with open arms. Also, I'm not entirely opposed to Ashley, it's just...I mean, she's EVERYWHERE at this point. For goodness' sake, give other WarioWare characters some time to shine, huh?

As I've said earlier, I'm pretty sure the WarioWare cast outside of Ashley (and Red to a slight extent) didn't get anything of true note for almost 4-5 years (That is, bar some collectible trophies in Smash 4 and the little surprise crossover between WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven during Rhythm Heaven Megamix's endgame), and I have to say, it gets a little grating when you're a fan of someone who doesn't really appear in anything new/meaningful for years at a time (i.e. Mona, Kat and Ana, the Volt family, the Crygor family, Dribble and Spitz, etc.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Say, do you all think any Ashley supporters out there support Mona now (I mean, now that Ashley's de-confirmed and all...)?

Top Bottom