• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cure for Snake Withdrawal Symptom?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Snake was one of my mains in Brawl, so as you can expect I was pretty disappointed to find out he wasn't coming back. I shook it off, though, as there were a lot of new characters I was excited for, like Villager, Megaman, Pac-Man, and the Miis. The more I played with Mii Gunner, especially with moves like Grenade Launcher and the missile, I could easily see how this character could be considered Snake's spiritual successor. Both can be highly explosive-oriented characters with an emphasis on projectiles and maybe setting traps.

Snake was at one point considered to be the second best in the game in Brawl only to Meta Knight, and I maintain that the Mii gunner is one of the most underrated characters in Smash 4. Has anybody here who has played both characters seen any strategies that could be connected between the two so Snake mains can have at least a part of their old character back?

Snake was one of my mains in Brawl, so as you can expect I was pretty disappointed to find out he wasn't coming back. I shook it off, though, as there were a lot of new characters I was excited for, like Villager, Megaman, Pac-Man, and the Miis. The more I played with Mii Gunner, especially with moves like Grenade Launcher and the missile, I could easily see how this character could be considered Snake's spiritual successor. Both can be highly explosive-oriented characters with an emphasis on projectiles and maybe setting traps.

Snake was at one point considered to be the second best in the game in Brawl only to Meta Knight, and I maintain that the Mii gunner is one of the most underrated characters in Smash 4. Has anybody here who has played both characters seen any strategies that could be connected between the two so Snake mains can have at least a part of their old character back?
Ehhhh. I don't really see the two as similar. I don't see any spiritual successors to Snake in this game. Explosives don't last long enough to set up what Snake does, Gunner's stage control isn't nearly as complex, recovery/jab/tilts/smashes/aerials are nothing alike, Snake is a much larger and heavier character, and probably more little details I'm missing at first glance. I do agree Gunner is underrated.

You're better off pushing for Snake in the next three months in the Fighter Ballot, only stopping support for him if he or other DLC characters in the future are disconfirmed. No need to try and move on until that point, there's still hope.

If he doesn't come back, you're best off playing whoever you like most, rather than trying to find a spiritual successor or "replacement."
I never saw Lucina, Ike, or the Roy koopaling as a replacement to :4feroy: during my support days with mail, emails, managing the royforsmash4 site, or on the Facebook group/Smashboards thread, and that paid off. No need to give up and adopt a depressing attitude with Snake when there's still hope.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
There really isn't a character similar to Snake at all in this game. Mii Gunner and Duck Hunt are just the most similar but...still not very similar to Snake but they're closer than anybody else I suppose. Mii Gunner is definitely underrated though(if we're talking about Mii Gunner with access to Grenades, Bomb Drop, Etc.). Default Mii Gunner is..decent I guess? He has kind of a hard time killing from what I've seen. Like Roy said, I think you should push for Snake in the ballot.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Yeah Snake and Mii Gunner aren't alike at all.
Definitely push for Snake in the ballot.

Also.

I thought I was the only one with this problem...
He lacks kill setups and moves that actually...well kill except for Smashes and gimping with dair or bair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom