• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The conversion of MDLO files

silverluma95

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if it was possible to convert MDLO files to another format, such as 3ds, or obj. file? If so than with what program do i do so?

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm not really sure if we're allowed to talk about MLD0 conversion (since it's just about conversion and not distribution) here but I imagine you could find some programs out there to do it for you. Google is your friend.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I know that there have been successful model imports from games such as Team Fortress in the past; I recommend sending PM to VILE (I'm not sure if he's still active though) or RandomTBush for more info.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I know that there have been successful model imports from games such as Team Fortress in the past; I recommend sending PM to VILE (I'm not sure if he's still active though) or RandomTBush for more info.
He's asking for the other way around, though. Not exporting to MDL0, exporting from MDL0 to something like an OBJ format.

If you want accuracy (and the largest support for games), you'll have to use the BrawlBox 0.64 beta, but I could only get the DAE files to open in Maya, and not 3DS Max. Otherwise, there's always Pharrox's AiS, which can have errors with exporting models (UV/rigging, sometimes polygons).

Top Bottom