• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The controller thread

Kuben

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, first time posting here on smashboards, so tell me if this thread is unnecessary or already exists

I recently started playing melee again because i found out there was actually a competitive scene, however my controllers aren't exactly in the condition they were in when my parents bought the gamecube :)
I'm not sure if the control sticks might be a bit worn out, and since one of them was recently busted i figured it's about time to pick up a couple more, so on to the question at hand

Where do you guys buy gamecube controllers? Are there official ones still being made? Can someone send me to where they can be bought? Would be very appreciative for response!

Pauer

The Pauerful
Yeah there are official ones still being made. They released new controllers with the launch of smash 4. You wanna look for "super smash Bros edition" controllers with a smash logo on them. You can buy them in most game shops for like 30 bucks.
Probably the easiest way to buy them would be from Amazon though.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice

EasilyDistracted54

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2363-5722-4046
Yeah get the smash controller, I did, and I don't regret it. It looks pretty neat, and iirc the thumbstixs are slightly tensioned.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
Friendly FYI some people feel the need to "break in" a new gamecube controller like you would a pair of shoes. A little wear on the joysticks loosens them a little. So just keep that in mind. =)

Meatsmasher1337

Smash Rookie
You can get the smash gamecube controller on amazon.BTW this is also the first time i'm posting here :D.

Top Bottom