• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Continuous Jab (Ike vs. Ganondorf)

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
I did it by accident while playing a Wi-Fi match yesterday, and tried it today to confirm it.

Basically, you have to stand a certain distance from Ganondorf and a good way to find out this distance is if you look carefully Ike's sword, it has a little lip or bump at the edge of his sword. Position Ike so only that bump on his sword will cover Ganondorf. After you're positioned correctly, all you have to do is hold in A. Ike will do his punch and kick, which will send Ganondorf very slightly in the air, the game will think there is open space and since you're holding A it will punch again, then kick, send Ganondorf slightly in the air, punch kick, etc, and at the same time you're moving toward the edge. Then when you're finally at the edge, Ike will punch kick and do the slash with his sword.

It's not all that hard, but cheap as hell. Continuously jabbing him from one end of the stage to the other, starting at 0%, he will go up to 60%.

I tried it with almost every other character but it doesn't work on them, at least the same way with Ganondorf, but once in an Ike ditto I was playing I managed to punch kick punch kick slash. So maybe there is a way if you time it correctly you can do it with other characters, too.

Post your thoughts and discoveries, videos will be up but it really isn't that hard.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
I did this without trying yesterday. Against a Toon Link. So it seems like size isn't really a problem.

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
Please post a video, after 15 minutes of effort vs ganondorf all I get is punch kick slash. Even pausing a good second between kick and slash I still get a slash.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Broken combo? I'd have to test if it works for myself, but it sounds funny. It'd be great if this was an actual combo in Training Mode.

Hinote

Smash Cadet
I remember doing the exact same thing a few days ago, only with one exception: I found that you CAN escape it. If you DI away, you should be able to escape easily.

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
I remember doing the exact same thing a few days ago, only with one exception: I found that you CAN escape it. If you DI away, you should be able to escape easily.
Ah, really?

Well at least in Wi-Fi you'd be able to get at least some in there, before he'd realize it and DI away.

Top Bottom