• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The competitive mindset in the 64 community.

VVilde

Smash Cadet
u kno what its about mang, take a look at ya boys
our swag is somethin *******

caneut

Smash Ace
teams could be big but community is too small and focused at 1v1. anyone good at teams is just good at friendlies.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
There's definitely a small portion of the already small 64 community that would rather play teams online. Teams are just friendlies though... It's more than trying to win, it's trying to get hype combos and saves. If more people played teams or if more people had teammates that they consistently play with it could be more than that and you're right it could be big. Maybe one day.

Studstill

Smash Ace
There's definitely a small portion of the already small 64 community that would rather play teams online. Teams are just friendlies though... It's more than trying to win, it's trying to get hype combos and saves. If more people played teams or if more people had teammates that they consistently play with it could be more than that and you're right it could be big. Maybe one day.
http://smashboards.com/threads/until-i-die.375621/
We`re working really hard to figure out how to do teams. In my mind it`s almost nearly inconsequential to ranking the skill of the team simply on kills or wins, more of an artistic segment gymnastics analogy wise. Probably one of the best ideas is a week or so long 'tournament', think of each round as like Survivor, i.e. the matches get voted on for who played 'the best' or 'most amazingly/stylish/team combos' or some metric. I posted the above link to the other thread in this vein, if you are serious about wanting to help shape some kind of teams infrastructure we`d love to have you involved.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Probably one of the best ideas is a week or so long 'tournament', think of each round as like Survivor, i.e. the matches get voted on for who played 'the best' or 'most amazingly/stylish/team combos' or some metric. I posted the above link to the other thread in this vein, if you are serious about wanting to help shape some kind of teams infrastructure we`d love to have you involved.
That would definitely help promote creativity in combos and tech usage. I can't wait to see if this becomes a real thing!

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I've thought about this before... What if you do like a thing where people come up with training mode combos and they get judged based on difficulty, creativity, stage usage, and length of combo. And like have people enter by character. Could improve people's tech skill or whatever who knows

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Most people love teams don't they? The problem is there is rarely an opportunity to play lagless, dsless, delayless teams. Back when I played online it was very rare for me to get 1 hour of teams with the same group before someone started lagging out or had to go. Console is kinda frustrating after a bit because you have to deal with lag unless you have an OC console, and if I have to choose between laggy teams and lagless 1v1, well i just can't handle the lag for very long.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Yeah so Stylis thats the idea, except training mode isn`t nearly as much fun as teams. I have at least one prominent teams player who agreed to be a judge, maybe you would be willing to as well? Same for you Banana, help make this a reality. It could be as simple as just recording teams games.

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Well this thread got off topic fast.
Thanks for the meaningful replies everybody it gave me some really cool insight into the smash community here.

Teams lag on console I just couldn't do it. Hate lag.

Top Bottom