• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Colors of the Pikmin

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
In the Pikmin Game each color had a different ability. Red are fire-proof and strong, Blue can tread water, Yellow can fly high and use bombs, White are poisonous, Purple are super strong and heavy.

Now it's easy to imagine how Purple is incorporated. But...

How will the Red & Blue Pikmin's abilities be incorporated? Can/should they be?

Could/should the Yellow Pikmin be used for Olimar's up Special?

Since White Pikmin are poisonous when ingested, how will they be incorporated?

EDIT: Yellow Pikmin are also immune to electricity! (Thanks Desert Eagle!)
White Pikmin can also Dig! (Thanks hjihjihjihji... was that correct?)

Eagle

Smash Lord
Yellow Pikmin are also immune to getting shocked.

So it also comes into question as to whether or not they should be immune to something like Volt Tackle.

Drgnfiv

Smash Rookie
Since the Pikmin are short-lived, I'm assuming that they are easy to kill. The colors could incorporate certain attacks they could be immune to such as Reds being immune to fire-like attacks such as Mario's fireball or Yellows being immune to electric attacks like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt. If they are immune, that might become an interesting mechanic to Olimar that would help him to help make up for his shortcomings (need Pikmin for smash attacks). For example, he could dodge certain attacks by just standing behind a Pikmin. I might not be a game-breaking addition, but it would certainly be interesting.

dookieSMASH

Smash Cadet
In the Pikmin Game each color had a different ability. Red are fire-proof and strong, Blue can tread water, Yellow can fly high and use bombs, White are poisonous, Purple are super strong and heavy.

Now it's easy to imagine how Purple is incorporated. But...

How will the Red & Blue Pikmin's abilities be incorporated? Can/should they be?

Could/should the Yellow Pikmin be used for Olimar's up Special?

Since White Pikmin are poisonous when ingested, how will they be incorporated?
i bet if wario/kirby/dedede use their neutral b moves to eat a white pikmin massive damage and maybe a sleepy/sick effect would occur.

what do ya think?

Drgnfiv

Smash Rookie
i bet if wario/kirby/dedede use their neutral b moves to eat a white pikmin massive damage and maybe a sleepy/sick effect would occur.

what do ya think?
I think that would be another nice addition to the game. I'm pretty sure that Sakurai will implement the strengths of the different colors in interesting ways.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
My friend and I believe they will have a big more impact on that. Not just pikmin resistance, but Olimar's atributes would change. If you do a smash attack with a purple, much more knockback. If you do with a Yellow pikmin, little knockback but the enemy would be stunned by electricity. White would do the same effect as Giga Bowser's shadow hand (forward tilt), Blue's no idea, Red's would burn. I'm guessing they get stronger the higher their rank is as well as higher chance of inflicting those changes.

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
red= pick up enemy's and immune to fire attacks like charizard and bowser( ha)
yellow= immune to pikachu, fly, throw bombs as a b move
blue= attack water treading enemies
white= throw 1 as a b move to give them more damage
purple= pick up enemies, hold enemies, live longest
>B= throw white pikmen to dig and hold enemies in ground, but can also cause wario to b poisened when using that 1 move
up b=use yellow pikmen to fly and the pikmen will throw a bomb
down b=pick pikmen
b= whistle, or order pikmen

Goat12000

Smash Cadet
yellows can't fly they are just light.
also i have an idea maybe the pikmin make them selves into rope like the monkeys in Tp the more pikmin you have the more chances of suvival.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Red pikmin are resistant to fire.
Blue pikmin can't drown.
Yellow pikmin are immune to electricity.
Purple pikmin are the strongest and heaviest of the pikmin.
White pikmin are immune to poison and are poisonous themselves, anybody who eats a poison pikmin suffers from poison, maybe this will work for kirby, wario, and dedede?

Greevy

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking yellow will dork some sort of tether based pikmin rope recovery, and also throw a bomb rock for foward B. Purple, Red, and Blue will probubly be used as standard b, actually being tossed out at other characters to attack them plus being used for pikmin smash attacks (where white could also be incorporated for some poison based attacks, I guess it could work like a stronger Lip's Stick). I'm hoping down b is a pluck move where a certain order of pikmin is called out in order to complete the before mentioned tasks.

Eagle

Smash Lord
For his Up+B it would be awesome if all the pikmin he had grabbed eachother to make a rope for tether recovering, and the more pikmin the better recovery, that would be pretty sick.

Also, about this colour thing. If they were to incorporate the fact that some Pikmin are immune to characters, I don't think it would be fair if some characters had no disadvantages to certain Pikmin.

So let's all make a list of each character with 1 move that could be immune to a single Pikmin for every character currently announced.

Mario - Red is immune to Mario's neutral B.

Link - Red is immune to Link's bombs, or better yet, Yellow can catch Link's bombs.

Kirby - If Kirby inhaled White Pikmin he would suffer damage.

Pikachu - Yellow Pikmin are immune to all Pikachu's electric attacks.

Fox - Red are immune to Fox's Firefox, or Purple Pikmin can be used as a shield towards Fox's pansy blaster.

Samus - Red immune to missles and bombs.

Zelda - Red immune to Din's Fire.

Bowser - Red immune to fire.

Donkey Kong - Can't pick up Olimar? Think of it like this, DK trys to pick up Olimar but a Purple pikmin weighs him down.

Yoshi - Hurts to eat White Pikmin

Peach - Red pikmin can't be hurt by butt blast?

Ice Climbers - Blue Pikmin arn't really immune to ice... but I guess make it so they are.

Pit - No idea.

Wario - Hurts to eat white Pikmin.

Zamus - No idea.

Ike - Red are immune to explosion.

Squirtle - Blue are immune to all of Squirtles water based attacks.

Ivysaur - Vinewhip can't grap Purple Pikmin.

Charizard - Red are immune to fire.

Diddy Kong - Yellow can pick up bananas?

Metaknight - No idea.

Snake - Red are immune to explosives.

Lucas - Blues immune to PK Freeze? Reds immune to PK fire, Yellow immune to PK thunder.

Sonic - If a purple pikmin lands on Sonic's spring, the spring breaks.

King Dedede - Red's immune to jet hammer? Can't inhale white pikmin without suffering damage.

Captain Olimar - Pikmin are futile towards Olimar.

As you can see, Red Pikmin dominate. I can't remember, but I don't think they were immune to explosives, so I guess you could remove that, but by doing that, if a character has no disadvantage towards Pikmin, would that be fair? I don't think it would considering Yellow dominate Pikachu.

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
yellow block pit's light arrows?
yellow block zamus' paralyzer?
purple can't be grabbed by zamus' whip?

Just some suggestions.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Alright, here are the individual Pikmin's abilitities (how I assume they will work).

Red: Can not be urt by fire, have a strong attack.
Blue: Can swim and attack swimming foes, are weaker in combat,
Yellow: Jump highly, have multiple and you can pull off a teather, rarely pull out a bomb

RARE PIKMIN:
Purple: Stuns foes when hits them, best in combat
White: Poisonous if consumed (Dedede, Kirby) weakest, sometimes pull out items/treasure throwable for damage.

RAREST:
Bulbmin: Strong as reds, survive all attacks, never get distracted.

What we could also potentially see is a brand new color or breed of Pikmin that's exclusive to Smash or found in and upcoming game for the Wii.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
making pikmin immune to attacks is stupid, and i think only 5 pikmin will be allowed at most. once you lose one you don't get it back untill you die.

Top Bottom