• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The closing of the year...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Link to original post: [drupal=911]The closing of the year...[/drupal]

As it stands where I live, there's only about 10 minutes (as I begin writing this blog, anyways) until the new year comes in. Wow, what a year it's been...

First of all, a year ago I was eagerly -- no, obsessively -- awaiting Brawl. Its release date was February 10th at the time. Now the game is out, it came out on March 9th, and the thought of playing it irks me.

Then there's Nintendo. At the beginning of the year I would've taken a bullet for them. Now I'd rather like to give them one. I realized how much they had changed, how little they care about their greatest and most dedicated fans. 366 days ago I would've rather burned an Xbox 360 than sell it. Now I prefer it to my Wii, am quite glad I got it, and...just generally have completely changed my opinion on it.

And a year ago, I think I was hardly even aware of SmashBoards's existence. Now I'm a rather active member of the community, am a member of a sprite shop which has sparked so many friendships and memories...I've come a long way. With SmashBoards, with Smash Bros, with video games in general, with my entire life.

This year has gone too quickly...but I've taken another step in my life. I wish you all the best in the new year.

I thought about doing something really meaningful to start off the new year and finish the old one, but really I realized that...there's no reason to do something profound. I just want to keep living as normal during the start of the new year.

And with that, Happy New Year!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Happy New Year.
2008 was a disgrace. Fingers crossed for a better 2009...
roflolzorzrecession

Top Bottom