• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The classic question of how to beat low teirs as marth

Brave

Smash Rookie
Hi guys! i'm Brave and i'm a marth main from florida. so every marth main knows the matchup vs fox including myself. my problem has recently been that there are a few low teir mains that i just cant seem to get around. for one there is a donkey kong player down here who i have trouble with. granted he is better than me but i cant seem to do anything to his donkey kong and i know part of the reason im losing is because i don't know the matchup.
some of my dk problems are...

- where do i throw him off of a grab? i dont seem to get much off of one
- what is the best way to approach donkey kong? i feel like the best think i can do is like d tilt
- how do i legegaurd dk? ive tried alot of stuff but it seems like im not doing it quite right
- lastly where do i want to put dk? am i trying to juggle him? combo him off the side? idk

now there is another low teir i have problems with and that is mewtwo. i actuily have a match that i can link for this one (although i didnt play particularly well)

-mewtwo seems like he loved to w/d oos grab how do i deal with this?
-what is the best way to ledgegaurd mewtwo?
-and where do i combo mewtwo? should i be trying to go for fair->fsmash or should i just be looking for stray hits
sorry for this incredibly long post but if someone can help me i would greatly appreciate it.

Top Bottom