• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chopping Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

_gold_

Smash Master
SSB4 has the largest roster the series has seen yet. Let's be honest though, there's probably one or two characters you wish weren't there. Maybe you like them as a character, but they just don't work in the Smash Bros universe. So let's say you could remove one character from the list, but you wouldn't get one in return... who would it be? It can be a newcomer or a vet.

I'll go first... :4sonic:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Eh, I think :4sonic: is cartoony enough to work (same with the other third parties). Honestly, I wouldn't remove anyone; it would just be a net loss. If I had to, um... probably :4darkpit:. He's unnecessary, his moveset is pretty much identical (aside from the Final Smash, which is a clone of Zelda's anyway), he's literally Pit but dark (which could be a costume swap anyway), etc.

It's either him or :4mii:/:4miif:.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I don't want to offend anyone but I don't believe :4wiifit: and :4villager: truly fit in the smash brothers universe.

But If I had the power to remove them, I wouldn't.
Also I'm not a fan of :4diddy:and his gimmick's and sounds.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I remove :4lucina:, I don't see the point of her, I don't hate her but she only have one thing the separate her from Marth.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
You know, come to think of it, I don't really think there are any characters that don't "fit" in Smash. I mean, Smash is such a wide-reaching series. The theme of the series is a mashup of all kinds of Nintendo games (and a few third-parties) in the form of a fighting game. Smash isn't inherently cartoony; there are characters like Link and Samus. It's not inherently realistic; there are characters like Kirby and Pikachu. There's such a variety in the series at this point that I'm not sure what wouldn't fit at this point. Let me put it this way. You can't take something out of a bucket that doesn't fit in the bucket; if it didn't fit in the bucket, it wouldn't be in there in the first place. That's kind of how I feel with Smash. All of the characters "fit" in their own way, and I honestly can't think of one that I would take away.

Last edited:

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
You're right, nearly anything or anybody could be made to fit the smash series, we've even had characters like Snake who was even more ''derailed'' from the series than all other 3rd party characters I've seen. And still he ended up being a great addition to the brawl roster in my opinion.

Even though this is very biased, I feel like the entire roster should at least have a form of battle experience. Which was at least somewhat true until they introduced these guys:4wiifit::4villager:(I also have trouble digesting:4gaw: and:4rob:).

Last edited:
We talk about characters we want removed? What's the point in that? If anything, the roster would only go backwards in terms of progress. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
You're right, nearly anything or anybody could be made to fit the smash series, we've even had characters like Snake who was even more ''derailed'' from the series than all other 3rd party characters I've seen. And still he ended up being a great addition to the brawl roster in my opinion.

Even though this is very biased, I feel like the entire roster should at least have a form of battle experience. Which was at least somewhat true until they introduced these guys:4wiifit::4villager:(I also have trouble digesting:4gaw: and:4rob:).
Yeah, Snake is one of the more different characters in the series, but I think he still fits well enough.

As for battle experience, there have always been characters with no real fighting experience, even since the original. In 64, there was :4falcon:, who had only raced in a vehicle up to this point (the same applies to :4fox:, but to a lesser extent, since he had taken part in a different form of combat, that being space battles). Melee introduced :4gaw: as you said, but also :4peach:, :4zelda:/:4sheik:, and :4drmario:. Brawl introduced :4rob:, like you said. And now with Smash 4, we have :4duckhunt:, :4mii:, :4villager:, and :4wiifit:. That's really one of my favorite things about the series: it adds characters you would never expect for this type of game, yet somehow manages to add them seamlessly and give them unique fighting styles.

Raijinken

Smash Master
In order of priority, with no care for balance, only based on preference (or hatred as the case may be):

:4sonic:
:4olimar:
:rosalina:
:4greninja::4tlink:

:4wario: (but not :4wario2:)
:4jigglypuff:
:4sheik:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom