• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chiko Special~! (Rosalina & Luma Shield Break Bait) By Xaltis

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
A good trick but I think what's more important to note here is as long as Luma is with you, no matter what state Rosalina is in, grabbed, stunned and possibly asleep, she's never completely defenseless.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
A good trick but I think what's more important to note here is as long as Luma is with you, no matter what state Rosalina is in, grabbed, stunned and possibly asleep, she's never completely defenseless.
Exactly, I am never without defense, just as long as any status effects doesn't happen to you while your'e Luma is KO'd and waiting to respawn.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kind of worried that this tactic won't always work, as Rosalina came quite close to being KO'd before Donkey Kong there.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I kind of worried that this tactic won't always work, as Rosalina came quite close to being KO'd before Donkey Kong there.
Well that's only because I messed up a bit and didn't up Smash as soon as I could. But usually what this is used for is defense when Rosalina has moments where she get her shield broken. Luma can defend her, also if she gets grabbed or put to sleep or planted into the ground, etc.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
More Rosalina tricks are always nice. Takes a little too long for my liking to set up, but it does look like a fun little trick of sorts. :p

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I can't see this being exploited on a regular basis, but it does give Rosalina a perverse option against strong shield pressure. Luma's ability to attack while Rosalina is helpless in general will be very useful.

Xeiros

Smash Cadet
The only time this ever works is when you're fighting someone who pretty much has no idea how Luma works or just how hard the little star hits. All the DK player had to do was jump over the Luma who at that point could not be moved from its current spot. It's as if he had no idea the two are separate entities that can act somewhat independently of each other.

Instead he acted like it wasn't even there. No competent opponent is going to just ignore such a vital part of her move set. Basically as a Rosalina player you can pretty much assume that any player that ignores Luma and doesn't even attempt to keep it dead as long as possible is just plain bad. At least when fighting her.

Funniest part is the fact that Luma can attack while Rosa is incapacitated was clearly shown off when she was first revealed months ago. It's not some big secret. Yet people still fall for it. The bait requires your opponent to be either ignorant or just plain stupid.

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
It will probably work once on a few people who don't realise Luma can still act while Roselina is stunned. I mean in the heat of the moment you see a chance to get a very solid hit in. But it's mostly a for laughs thing.

Bushando64

King of the 64-Bit Realm
NNID
Bushando
3DS FC
1547-5186-5659
Switch FC
SW 5128 8278 7987
Ohhhhh my goodness.

Players are gonna have to be super-cautious around RosaLuma at all times. That's fantastic for passive mind games, in my opinion. Rosalina herself is rather large, so I can imagine her shield getting worn down rather quickly, and Luma is right there to back her up. Touching, really.

:115:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's gonna be the ultimate troll tactic, that's for sure.

"Rosalina wins while drunk."

Last edited:

_KArMa_

Smash Rookie
Nice.....But people will start to catch on to the bait as well so I wouldn't do it often even tho she is protected all my opponent has to do is wait for me to recover.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's no secret that the Luma can still move and attack while Rosalina is stunned or even when she becomes a sleeping beauty, something most people even Rosalina users don't seem to realize. For that trick to actually work, people would have to know exactly how Luma is being used.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Hey you run that Smash group on FB.

cool

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I can definitely see this being used against Jiggly and DK, who both have strong shield breaker moves. But it's not a good method in the long run because hitting Luma causes huge hitstun to him.

Top Bottom