• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Chibi-Robo Zip lash should give him a lot of Smash ideas. I mean Link took most of his moves from his only 2D game despite the fact it was crap.

Zip-Lash certainly looks more fun so that may be a good sign.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyone hoping to see Chibi Robo in Super Mario Maker? He does have an Amiibo after all and it would be shocking if it weren't compatible with the game at all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Anyone hoping to see Chibi Robo in Super Mario Maker? He does have an Amiibo after all and it would be shocking if it weren't compatible with the game at all.
nintendo's website lists it as compatible we can make levels all about the little guy

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I really hope a classic gameplay Chibi Robo Wii U game is in the works.

That's his chance for at least Smash Bros. 5
I don't think he needs a Wii U game to get into Smash 5. His amiibo and and his new 3DS game are really going to boost his popularity. He already has the moveset potential, and he's been around since the GameCube era. While I certainly wouldn't mind having a new game, I think Chibi has an amazing chance at getting into Smash 5. It's one of the reasons why I won't be completely crushed if he doesn't become DLC. It will just mean that we have to wait longer.

Chibi-Robo is a character I recently changed my mind about, and now support. I didn't realize until recently that he ever made it past his first game. Of course, watching gameplay of Zip Lash gave me an idea of how Chibi looks in an action-platformer game, so that helped bring me around. It wouldn't be a stretch to say its cord tail comprises a majority of its attacks, would it? Though, I remember in the GameCube game, various things could pop out of Chibi's head, like a satellite dish. Imagine that dish firing a death beam instead.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Chibi-Robo is a character I recently changed my mind about, and now support. I didn't realize until recently that he ever made it past his first game. Of course, watching gameplay of Zip Lash gave me an idea of how Chibi looks in an action-platformer game, so that helped bring me around. It wouldn't be a stretch to say its cord tail comprises a majority of its attacks, would it? Though, I remember in the GameCube game, various things could pop out of Chibi's head, like a satellite dish. Imagine that dish firing a death beam instead.
Now now, we don't need to add death beams to the Chibi Satellite XD I always thought it'd be cool if Chibi could do things like pull trash from his head and chuck it at people in a similar manner to turnips. And I do agree that using the plug will be a large portion of his attacks (especially his normals), Chibi has so many other tools from his games that would make him way more interesting than just hitting people with the plug.

Last edited:
Now now, we don't need to add death beams to the Chibi Satellite XD
Understandable. R.O.B. already has the "robot with death lasers" thing going in his special moves, but I still think a blast from the Chibi Satellite would make for a cool smash attack. His pummel could be an electric shock through the cord, which he'd likely use to grab. Maybe his giant milk dropper could be worked in there?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm torn between Ray from Custom Robo being Smash's tiny robot champ or Chibi Robo.

Of course they could have both.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is anyone happy about the fact that Chibi is playable in Super Mario Maker? Because you know I am. :)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just noticed I hadn't shown my support for the little guy yet.

He's one of those characters I haven't actively been supporting but would be overjoyed to see in the game.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm torn between Ray from Custom Robo being Smash's tiny robot champ or Chibi Robo.

Of course they could have both.
Understandable predicament. Personally I'm a bigger supporter of Ray, but think Chibi is more realisic since Custom Robo has fallen well off the radar in recent years. But tbh I'm dreaming of a "Fighting Robots" DLC package with both of them ;D

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
They confirmed that Zip-Lash will be compatabile with other Amiibos besides the purpose made one. Looks like they're banking on it being an amiibo pusher.

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
They confirmed that Zip-Lash will be compatabile with other Amiibos besides the purpose made one. Looks like they're banking on it being an amiibo pusher.
According to the website, it looks like they're just using other amiibo to give you coins, similar to Hyrule Warriors. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't feel very necessary.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
According to the website, it looks like they're just using other amiibo to give you coins, similar to Hyrule Warriors. It's a nice feature, but it doesn't feel very necessary.
used for collecting in game figures, to be fair that arent many amiibo functions that are "necessary"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
BTW, new poll to fill out.

List the character you voted for (or if multiple, the first). I'm spreading it around the other threads so everyone's aware. Feel free to spread it yourselves.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just saw the new trailer, it looks like a lot of fun.

I love the offbeat style of these games, the characters look really cool.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Chibi-Robo games have never been good at attracting a wide audience, however it seems that Nintendo sees the potential of the Chibi-Robo character catching people's attention, (cute and simple designed characters tend to do well for Nintendo) so they're putting him in a genre that attracts a wider audience in order to garner more success. I expect Zip Lash to be the best selling Chibi-Robo game, but not by much. I really hope the game is good, because right now it doesn't look all that impressive in my opinion.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I keep wanting to say something regarding his amiibo giving him more attention and more possibility.

but idk, Shovel knight is pretty much in the same boat with Chibi-Robo right now.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It seems like the Shovel Knight amiibo is only in the West while the Chibi Robo one is everywhere.

Since the Japanese opinion is very important on the ballot I reckon Chibi Robo is getting more attention than Shovel Knight.

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
I've already cast my vote (for Wonder Red), but I would not be disappointed in the slightest if Chibi Robo made it into Smash! He's my second choice for the game and I 100% support his inclusion. I'm totally getting that amiibo...

I really love the characters in Smash with diverse movesets (like Villager and Mega Man) and I feel that Chibi Robo would also have the potential for having a really fun, unique and diverse moveset.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've already cast my vote (for Wonder Red), but I would not be disappointed in the slightest if Chibi Robo made it into Smash! He's my second choice for the game and I 100% support his inclusion. I'm totally getting that amiibo...

I really love the characters in Smash with diverse movesets (like Villager and Mega Man) and I feel that Chibi Robo would also have the potential for having a really fun, unique and diverse moveset.
theres no proof that we're only aloud one vote

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
theres no proof that we're only aloud one vote
Well, you're right in that the Smash Ballot doesn't restrict voting more than once, but it does say actually say:

"Please limit your vote to one per person."

Which is what I personally did.

I do think that even if Chibi Robo doesn't make it into Smash 4, his chances at the next game are pretty high, which has been mentioned here. The fact that he is getting a new game and an amiibo will probably raise his visibility.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
And who knows, if it proves to be a hit, we might start seeing him pop up in other places, like Nintendo’s seminal character fighter Super Smash Bros.

"If we receive an offer," says Tanabe, "we'll think about it."
I think this is the first time I've ever heard the possibility of Chibi-Robo in Smash Bros. Being discussed by a Nintendo employee.

Anyone think the wording is a little interesting?

Then again it's not a "Who Knows!" *wink shrug* but I do hope for anything.

If they're worried about Chibi's success as a franchise, putting him in Smash Bros. Is honestly the best thing they can do to promote Zip Lash

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think this is the first time I've ever heard the possibility of Chibi-Robo in Smash Bros. Being discussed by a Nintendo employee.

Anyone think the wording is a little interesting?

Then again it's not a "Who Knows!" *wink shrug* but I do hope for anything.

If they're worried about Chibi's success as a franchise, putting him in Smash Bros. Is honestly the best thing they can do to promote Zip Lash
Where was this said?

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
oh god, so what I'm seeing is that if Chibi doesn't do well, he goes into the trash bin? wtf man.

Gotta get Chibi into smash, it literally Is the only way to save him now.

Wonder Gato

Smash Rookie
Yikes, that was kind of a sad read.

The line about them hoping that they made the right choice gameplay wise I found pretty painful. Chibi Robo is such an endearing and creative character, it would be awful to see him just disappear.

I totally pre-ordered the game/Amiibo bundle. I do hope it does well and I hope that the inclusion of the Amiibo with the game somehow bolsters its visibility on the market.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Unless the game turns out to be a flop, we might as well say good bye to the little guy. We do have to remember that Fire Emblrm was close to having a similar fate due to subsequent poor sales in the franchise until Awakening. So here's to hoping that everyone, even the stubborn nostalgic Chibi Robo fanboys, can show their support for his future if they want him in Smash.

Top Bottom