• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cerulean Cave: Mewtwo Stage Discussion

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
The Cerulean Cave

This Thread is for discussing and and debating Mewtwo's stage preferences and MU's that are good for that stage, as well as anything relating to Mewtwo and the current stage in dicussion! Please refrain from belittling other people's comments and don't argue.

Starters:

Battlefield:
Stage: Favorable
Match-ups: Only bring a character that isn't good on BF(Not Shiek, Fox or Mario) as they gain from this stage more then Mewtwo
Analysis:
Stage:8/10
Match-ups: 4/10
Total: 6/10
Ban depending on opponent

Dreamland:
Stage: Favorable, it is more open then BF with the same platform set-up.
Match-ups: Only bring a character that isn't good on Dreamland/BF(Not Shiek, Fox or Mario) as they gain from this stage more then Mewtwo
Analysis:
Stage: 9/10
Match-ups: 5/10
Total: 7/10
Better then Battlefield
Smashville:
Stage: Doesn't benefit Mewtwo and is a bit too small for him to be properly defensive.
Match-ups: Better for other characters.
Analysis:
Stage:5/10
Total:5/10

Ban depending on stage list and preference
Town and City:
Stage: The low ceilings and high platforms are beneficent in general. Mewtwo can kill early on T&C and also use the platforms to extend his combos.
Match-ups: Some good, some bad. Think over the others character before taking them here, but, T&C is a good pick for Mewtwo's harder MU.
Analysis:
Stage: 8/10
Match-ups: 6/10
Total:7/10

A good starter, maybe Mewtwo's best.

Final Destination:

Stage: No platforms is a big problem. This stage is very MU dependant
Match-ups: Bring someone that has a hard time approaching.
Analysis:
Stage: 7/10
Total:6/10

Low risk/Low reward
Lylat Cruise:

Duck Hunt:

Counter Picks:

Delfino Plaza:

Halberd:

Battlefield's platforms are a great help to Mewtwo. With them, he is able to punish landing lag with Usmash or go in for a SB/Fair. The sides are open and large, allowing many different recovery options and giving Mewtwo a boost in the Gimping game. The platforms are not a good place for Mewtwo to be on. In general, they are dangerous and disadvantageous to Mewtwo. SHAD and LC are great for moving around and SB can be used to punish landing lag anywhere on the stage.

This stage is very similar to BF, however, the extra area in the middle is beneficial for Mewtwo, making this a slightly different pick for Mewtwo. The bottom of the stage is very dangerous for Mewtwo, but is good for switching sides to avoid pressure. Otherwise, it has the same pros and cons as BF.

This stage is a bit too small for Mewtwo. The platform is rarely helpful and the edges are annoying to sweetspot. This stage is rather neutral for Mewtwo, but becomes disadvantageous depending on the MU.

Coming soon!

Coming soon!

Coming soon!

Coming soon!

Coming soon!

Coming soon!

We will switch stages every four-seven days depending on response and how much there is to discuss about the current stage. :4mewtwo:

Updates:

Lylat and DH!

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

I guess I will start off...
But anyways,

Battlefield

Pros-
The platforms allow for increased movement and combo options, especially in combination with LC Teleport
Platforms are low enough to be able to Usmash people on them.
Falling aerials work from all platforms.
Stage allows for easy stage spiking.
The platforms give Mewtwo more landing options.
Cons-
Better for other characters, namely Shiek.
If you get caught on the platforms then you can die really early.
IMO
A very good pick for Mewtwo, if not his best starter.

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Battlefield's our best stage, which is nice because people don't ban it often.

It was better when we could do the Confusion kill confirm on everybody though. :hulk:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Another con is that we are forced to either recover mid/high or risk teleporting off the lip of the edge.

Sonicninja115

Battlefield's our best stage, which is nice because people don't ban it often.

It was better when we could do the Confusion kill confirm on everybody though. :hulk:
Couldn't we jump into confusion though? or did the patch completely remove any possibility of that happening...

Another con is that we are forced to either recover mid/high or risk teleporting off the lip of the edge.
And by teleporting off the lip of the stage do you mean SD'ing or grabbing the edge?
Because with FC shadowball to momentum B-revers UC shadowball I find it pretty easy to recover, as this method doesn't use Up B, Side B or DJ. allowing us to mix-up are landings even more.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Battlefield is in no way our best stage.

Why? Because every single other top tier gets much, much, much more from the stage than we do.

Chars like Sheik, Falcon and Mario just get like 5x as hard on BF.

In general go FD against any of the usual chars. Go T&C if your ruleset allows for it.

There's also the fact that BF has a huuuuge ceiling (making us kill almost 30% later), a very small width (forcing to be more suceptible to rushdown chars and pressure chars, both of which are our biggest weaknesses already) and the layout of the platforms does not help with ANY of our combos (the few that we have).

Mewtwo's combos are very horizontal and much less vertical, which mean having the top platform being so high does not in any way help Mewtwo more than say Smashville to get a kill combo off of the platform.

Sure Mewtwo's U-tilt is great for platform pressure, sure we can teleport cancel all around the stage. That still doesn't add up to even close of all the things other chars get added by the triangle layout.

I mean Mewtwo's biggest weakness is how easily he is comboed and juggled and BF gives all opponents longer combos and actual kill combos and makes their juggle potential 10x higher. How do you guys consider that good?

Specially since Mewtwo's vertical juggle/combo game is so bad, it's basically just Rising U-Air/N-Air into another aerial which does not get even remotely better by having a platform present because Mewtwo's landing lag on his aerials is huge.

BF is such an auto ban for me that I even forget it exists, except now that the rulesets have DL and only one ban I'll have to give up one game to Random Falcon/Sheik/Mario #46 because there's no way to ban this platform layout. Or, you know, switch to Mario or something for that game.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Ok, well I guess that covers battlefield. So onto Smashville!

Dreamland is basically the same as BF except for a few small differences, but if there is something that makes it better/worse then BF please provide your input!

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ok, well I guess that covers battlefield. So onto Smashville!

Dreamland is basically the same as BF except for a few small differences, but if there is something that makes it better/worse then BF please provide your input!
DL has a much lower ceiling and a bigger base platform, both of which help Mewtwo.

You cannot do the Confusion thing on DL though. And the wind is very annoying. Might kill you off if you try teleport cancelling too.

Also IDK if this is universal yet but at least ALL of California has unanimously selected a new pretty bull****ty stagelist.

5 starters - T&C, Smashville, FD, BF and DL.

2 CPs - Lylat and DH.

If you don't ban FD then the opponent can pick any Omega he wants. If you don't ban BF then opponent can also pick Miiverse.

Only 1 ban.

I say it's super ****ty because it's basically impossible for us to not get taken to BF/DL and have top tiers wreck us in that stage.

There's also the fact that Sheik gets a free pass game 1 since BF/DL and Smashville are literally her best 3 stages in the whole roster and she's assured to get one of the 3 no matter what the opponent does. Then she can CP you to the other game 3 since you can only ban 1 stage. She will always play on one of her 2 best stages, every single game.

This same thing happens with most of the other top tiers too but to a lesser extent since they aren't as good as Sheik.

Also Halberd was one of Mewtwo's best stages because of the stage layout and the low ceiling. Plis the hazzards allowed Mewtwo to freely charge a Shadow Ball. Delfino was arguably good too due to the incredibly stupidly low ceiling when transitioning but that's more of a jank/gimmick than an actual strategy (Both of these are gone now).

Basically this stagelist is biased towards highly mobile chars who can combo/juggle pretty well, all of which are already good chars because of those exact same reasons. It creates a larger gap between the low tiers and the high tiers. And all because there's no way to ban BF.

But people will always be extremely biased towards highly mobile chars with good combo mechanics. I can't say I blame the bias, but I just wish it wasn't that blatant (Like Omegas all considered the same for bans but DL/BF considered separate even though some Omegas have bigger differences than DL and BF do).

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

DL has a much lower ceiling and a bigger base platform, both of which help Mewtwo.

You cannot do the Confusion thing on DL though. And the wind is very annoying. Might kill you off if you try teleport cancelling too.

Also IDK if this is universal yet but at least ALL of California has unanimously selected a new pretty bull****ty stagelist.

5 starters - T&C, Smashville, FD, BF and DL.

2 CPs - Lylat and DH.

If you don't ban FD then the opponent can pick any Omega he wants. If you don't ban BF then opponent can also pick Miiverse.

Only 1 ban.

I say it's super ****ty because it's basically impossible for us to not get taken to BF/DL and have top tiers wreck us in that stage.

There's also the fact that Sheik gets a free pass game 1 since BF/DL and Smashville are literally her best 3 stages in the whole roster and she's assured to get one of the 3 no matter what the opponent does. Then she can CP you to the other game 3 since you can only ban 1 stage. She will always play on one of her 2 best stages, every single game.

This same thing happens with most of the other top tiers too but to a lesser extent since they aren't as good as Sheik.

Also Halberd was one of Mewtwo's best stages because of the stage layout and the low ceiling. Plis the hazzards allowed Mewtwo to freely charge a Shadow Ball. Delfino was arguably good too due to the incredibly stupidly low ceiling when transitioning but that's more of a jank/gimmick than an actual strategy (Both of these are gone now).

Basically this stagelist is biased towards highly mobile chars who can combo/juggle pretty well, all of which are already good chars because of those exact same reasons. It creates a larger gap between the low tiers and the high tiers. And all because there's no way to ban BF.

But people will always be extremely biased towards highly mobile chars with good combo mechanics. I can't say I blame the bias, but I just wish it wasn't that blatant (Like Omegas all considered the same for bans but DL/BF considered separate even though some Omegas have bigger differences than DL and BF do).
Wasn't their justification for this change something along the lines of "the metagame is progressing to the point that we don't need two bans" (british voice)? Because it seems like it is just catering to top tiers, and not even all of them, just the one's they like.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Wasn't their justification for this change something along the lines of "the metagame is progressing to the point that we don't need two bans" (british voice)? Because it seems like it is just catering to top tiers, and not even all of them, just the one's they like.
The justification was something along the lines of: We already have enough good stages where transition stages aren't needed to "fill up" the stagelist and as such Halberd, Delfino and Castle Siege instantly went away.

Banning phase takes too long and 7 stages is too little for 2 bans (according to the TOs).

It's mostly just pure bias towards the mobile chars.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
I actually love that stagelist. Now all they have to do is get rid of the CPs and Dream Land. (Yes I'm one of those people)

I won't argue on Battlefield mainly because I'd prefer everyone to think it's our worst stage and ban FD instead. :D

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I actually love that stagelist. Now all they have to do is get rid of the CPs and Dream Land. (Yes I'm one of those people)

I won't argue on Battlefield mainly because I'd prefer everyone to think it's our worst stage and ban FD instead. :D
It honestly seems to me like your scene has 0 Sheiks, ZSS or Falcons on it. Also if you're taking your brother to BF then you're truly making a horrible mistake.

Also T&C is what will be almost always be banned vs Mewtwo. It gives us platforms we can use, while having the lowest ceiling and maintaning a good width we can play around on (and camp a bit if needed). It also has horizontal platforms that allow us to true combo F-Air into F-Air. Also janky backthrows and stuff.

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
It honestly seems to me like your scene has 0 Sheiks, ZSS or Falcons on it. Also if you're taking your brother to BF then you're truly making a horrible mistake.

Also T&C is what will be almost always be banned vs Mewtwo. It gives us platforms we can use, while having the lowest ceiling and maintaning a good width we can play around on (and camp a bit if needed). It also has horizontal platforms that allow us to true combo F-Air into F-Air. Also janky backthrows and stuff.
Breh we have Akiro. And my brother bans BF against me now. :(

Sonicninja115

Don't everyone talk at once, it gets noisy...

Smashville-
Pros-
Open
Platform that helps extend combos and helps recovering
Low bottom to travel under the stage​
Cons-
Better for other characters
Doesn't benefit Mewtwo's kill options(besides Usmash)
Analysis-
This Stage just seems even... Not much good, not a lot bad.​

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Breh we have Akiro. And my brother bans BF against me now. :(
I've never heard of Akiro before tbh.

Also IDK why a Mario bans BF vs Mewtwo. Literally, comparatively speaking what do you gain on BF that you don't gain on T&C, and how does that weight against what Mario gains in BF vs you? (Namely getting the ability to do ~70% hit-confirm strings if the Mario player is good at Mario).

I am really curious how things are in other scenes because I honestly don't understand how things can be so drastically different.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
I've never heard of Akiro before tbh.

Also IDK why a Mario bans BF vs Mewtwo. Literally, comparatively speaking what do you gain on BF that you don't gain on T&C, and how does that weight against what Mario gains in BF vs you? (Namely getting the ability to do ~70% hit-confirm strings if the Mario player is good at Mario).

I am really curious how things are in other scenes because I honestly don't understand how things can be so drastically different.
Akiro was #1 in Chicago/IL before moving to WI and he's listed as a Rank 1 player (Top 60) here: http://smashboards.com/threads/notable-players-list-aug-15-fox-sonic.396344/

What Mario does in BF against us isn't that much worse than what Mario does against us elsewhere and we're less likely to die from it (Up-B elevators are insanely real on T&C). Meanwhile we get a solid ledge option (Ledge Jump edge-cancel Up-B) which is a big deal for us, we get landing options, which is huge, and we can cover BF's platforms really well with Bair and Usmash, so our advantage is intact. The farther blastzones benefit us more than most just by nature of having really high-KB kill options that will usually kill anyway.

There's also some theoretical tech I have in the works that would be very good on BF, but I need to test it still and see if it works like I think it does.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Akiro was #1 in Chicago/IL before moving to WI and he's listed as a Rank 1 player (Top 60) here: http://smashboards.com/threads/notable-players-list-aug-15-fox-sonic.396344/

What Mario does in BF against us isn't that much worse than what Mario does against us elsewhere and we're less likely to die from it (Up-B elevators are insanely real on T&C). Meanwhile we get a solid ledge option (Ledge Jump edge-cancel Up-B) which is a big deal for us, we get landing options, which is huge, and we can cover BF's platforms really well with Bair and Usmash, so our advantage is intact. The farther blastzones benefit us more than most just by nature of having really high-KB kill options that will usually kill anyway.

There's also some theoretical tech I have in the works that would be very good on BF, but I need to test it still and see if it works like I think it does.

Actually Mario gets much better combos on BF and how is the elevator worse in T&C than it is in BF? You can't reach the low platforms from a full hop so he needs to double jump which means you won't be able to land quickly and cancel your lag, thus no elevator at all, while BF is literally the stage that makes elevators happen (unless I am mistaken about what you mean by elevator, which I believe it to be extending a combo through landing on a platform first).

Everything else you listed is also present in T&C (except for U-Smash covering platforms, but that's not really a huge deal against players who understand that).

The farther blastzones to the sides is barely a 5% increase to death while it's about 30% increase upwards. Unless you're also fighting a character that kills vertically that is in no way in your favor.

I think you underestimate what Mario gains from the platforms specifically on Mewtwo. I'd rather play Mario on FD and have at least the option to try to land (even if he catches it 50 times) than have Mario basically assured combos. I've literally gotten hit for 70% out of one grab because it was BF.

There's also the fact that the stage is small which means Mario will always be on top of you no matter what you do.

I agree that BF gives us a lot of options, but it also gives the opponents a lot of options. Most of the options it gives us doesn't normally help much in the grand scheme of things (not talking about getting that one game because you landed an U-Smash through a platform, talkinng about over 1000 games how many of those games do you actually land an U-Smash that otherwise wouldn't have caught the opponent's landing on anothr stage) while most of the options it gives the opponents do (better combos, kill confirms, etc).

It doesn't help that the stage is built to be anti Mewtwo with a short width and a huge ceiling.

Edit: Under what char is Akiro listed? I can't seem to find him. Although I am only reading the first post currently.

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Actually Mario gets much better combos on BF and how is the elevator worse in T&C than it is in BF? You can't reach the low platforms from a full hop so he needs to double jump which means you won't be able to land quickly and cancel your lag, thus no elevator at all, while BF is literally the stage that makes elevators happen (unless I am mistaken about what you mean by elevator, which I believe it to be extending a combo through landing on a platform first).

Everything else you listed is also present in T&C (except for U-Smash covering platforms, but that's not really a huge deal against players who understand that).

The farther blastzones to the sides is barely a 5% increase to death while it's about 30% increase upwards. Unless you're also fighting a character that kills vertically that is in no way in your favor.

I think you underestimate what Mario gains from the platforms specifically on Mewtwo. I'd rather play Mario on FD and have at least the option to try to land (even if he catches it 50 times) than have Mario basically assured combos. I've literally gotten hit for 70% out of one grab because it was BF.

There's also the fact that the stage is small which means Mario will always be on top of you no matter what you do.

I agree that BF gives us a lot of options, but it also gives the opponents a lot of options. Most of the options it gives us doesn't normally help much in the grand scheme of things (not talking about getting that one game because you landed an U-Smash through a platform, talkinng about over 1000 games how many of those games do you actually land an U-Smash that otherwise wouldn't have caught the opponent's landing on anothr stage) while most of the options it gives the opponents do (better combos, kill confirms, etc).

It doesn't help that the stage is built to be anti Mewtwo with a short width and a huge ceiling.
Mario does kill vertically. I'd rather be comboed to 70% and die at 100% than be comboed to 50% and die at 70% to EZ Money off the top.

Meanwhile you might as well put your controller down after 1 hit on FD.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Mario does kill vertically. I'd rather be comboed to 70% and die at 100% than be comboed to 50% and die at 70% to EZ Money off the top.

Meanwhile you might as well put your controller down after 1 hit on FD.
In what situation is Mario killing you with Up-B in T&C that he would not also get in BF? What is the setup that does not exist on BF?

I think it's fair that before comparing BF to any other stage, we compare BF to DL.

What does BF have above DL?

I'll start it out by pointing the things I think DL has better than BF. Wider stage with a shorter ceiling.

Things I think are bad: Wind is something that you need to get used to, a lot. Specially if you're going to be ledge cancelling, don't want to die because the wind pushed you. This isn't random though, it's just something that needs to be learned.

Also I just thought myself of a reason why a bigger blastzone might be better for Mewtwo and I think it's what you were trying to explain to me earlier.

Dying at a later % means you won't die to low % combos (like an U-Air elevator to Up-B). So having a higher ceiling allows you to survive to a % where that combo doesn't work anymore and makes your opponent work much harder for the kill. While Mewtwo doesn't have kill combos so his options remain equally as hard as in any other stage. Thus in comparison makig it better for Mewtwo.

I had never thought about it this way and it's definitely something that I will analyze much deeper once I have free time in my hands. I haven't been able to play much lately.

Note though that this doesn't really apply to chars that kill horizontally, like Falcon.

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on it.

I don't know about Falcon. I've had some success on BF but I do just generally like the stage as well. Falcon is just...uggghhfafnyddgmzg in general but maybe I'd take him to T&C instead.

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
I'm currently learning mewtwo, and smashville is kind of iffy to me, his momentum changing Shadow Ball thing helps with the moving platform atop the stage, and confusion recovering is easier on the stage, and if you want to be dangerous, you can use his disable and get some early KOs from the side of the platform, or use confusion to hit them up, then get them while they are in the hitstun sort of twirl animation. I find it as a neutral stage, to can be bad depending on the match ups, because if there is a heavy hitting character, mewtwo could be gone, because of that stupid lighter than a featherweight ****.

then again im kinda stupid, so this thing i just typed could just be useless...

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
Short-Hop N-Airs also are a great approach tool on the stage if they are hitching a ride on the moving platform atop the stage. U-Smash can also be useful, since (i believe) it will hit just barely on the platform so you can easily get a KO with them on a platform.

godogod

Smash Ace
Can Mewtwo confusion just about any character from the ground to the first platform, and follow up with up smash, on battlefield?

And can it be done on Dreamland too?

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
I am not a fan of Smashville. High ceiling, and the platform always seems to help my opponent more than it helps me. We don't need to have to deal with more recovery options. I don't ban it right consistently just because I have to get rid of the janky stages like Castle Siege and Delfino Plaza.

Can Mewtwo confusion just about any character from the ground to the first platform, and follow up with up smash, on battlefield?

And can it be done on Dreamland too?
It used to work on 95% of the cast. Then it got nerfed. I think it works on more like 50% of the cast now.

Sonicninja115

I am not a fan of Smashville. High ceiling, and the platform always seems to help my opponent more than it helps me. We don't need to have to deal with more recovery options. I don't ban it right consistently just because I have to get rid of the janky stages like Castle Siege and Delfino Plaza.

It used to work on 95% of the cast. Then it got nerfed. I think it works on more like 50% of the cast now.
Really? I thought it didn't work at all, sweet! I will look into what characters it works on. Also, I think we have enough for Smashville, but if you have anymore thoughts on smashville feel free to post them, just don't go as far back as dreamland.

Now, Smashville MU and the start of T&C!

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Really? I thought it didn't work at all, sweet! I will look into what characters it works on. Also, I think we have enough for Smashville, but if you have anymore thoughts on smashville feel free to post them, just don't go as far back as dreamland.

Now, Smashville MU and the start of T&C!
It works on some characters, but I don't know which ones.

Town and City is better than Smashville. Same annoying platforms that get in the way at inopportune times, but the ceiling is much lower for throw KOs. I will always push for Town and City over Smashville for this reason.

Sonicninja115

It works on some characters, but I don't know which ones.

Town and City is better than Smashville. Same annoying platforms that get in the way at inopportune times, but the ceiling is much lower for throw KOs. I will always push for Town and City over Smashville for this reason.
I think it also helps with Uair juggling. The combination of a low ceiling and platforms that don't completely ruin Mewtwo's defensive game is pretty nice. Also, Usmash,fsmash and Uthrow will all kill really early, as well as Uair which usually kills at 150% but with the high platforms and low ceiling it might even kill at 100%, theoretically.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Town & City platforms are great for escaping landing pressure against fast characters. They usually have to commit fairly hard to get you up there.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

I like the platform on SV missed techs and roll reads they end up eating a fair. When the platform is out to the edge it can lead to early kills. It also gives us a place to escape to while recovering. Which can help. I don't thinj castle seige is jank I just don't like stages that screw up shadowball. Basically every part of CS does that. Eit happens on Delfino but I love those low ceilings.

T&C I don't mind too much. Sometimes the platforms can be helpful to charge shadowball uninterrupted. Other than that I don't see to much mewtwo can abuse about this stage. Other than the low ceiling.

godogod

Smash Ace

I tried confusion on a little over half the characters(all the way down to Greninja on the CSS.. Which I think is 33) on Battlefield. So far it only worked on Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Charizard, Marth, Robin Duck Hunt Dog, and Falco. 6 out like 33 characters.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

I tried confusion on a little over half the characters(all the way down to greninja.. Which I think is 33) from the CSS on battlefield So far it only works on Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Charizard, Marth, Robin Duck Hunt Dog, and Falco. 6 out like 33 characters.
Awesome! Thanks alot! You just saved me from having to do it myself, do you know if it will work on dream land or SV?

godogod

Smash Ace
Awesome! Thanks alot! You just saved me from having to do it myself, do you know if it will work on dream land or SV?
I tried it once on Charizard on Dreamland. and it didn't work. I'm assuming it won't work for anybody else. The first platforms are higher than the one on battlefield. I haven't tried Smashville.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

I tried it once on Charizard on Dreamland. and it didn't work. I'm assuming it won't work for anybody else. The first platforms are higher than the one on battlefield. I haven't tried Smashville.
Smashville has the same height or maybe a bit lower so it should work.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Smashville has the same height or maybe a bit lower so it should work.
I've never seen it work on Smashville. Smashville platform is significantly higher than Battlefield platforms.

I tried confusion on a little over half the characters(all the way down to Greninja on the CSS.. Which I think is 33) on Battlefield. So far it only worked on Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Charizard, Marth, Robin Duck Hunt Dog, and Falco. 6 out like 33 characters.
A shame.

Sonicninja115

On to Final Destination! If you have any grievances with the OP please say them so we can get the best possible stage list.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Final Destination is somewhat a mixed bag. On one hand no platforms means it is more difficult for the opponent to evade shadow balls in general and combos used against Mewtwo will be as short as can be. Yet at the same time no platforms means fewer options to mix-up with in disadvantage and none of his patented platform pressure game. So in a way it could be considered a low-risk/low-reward stage. Probably best picked against characters who struggle with approaching.

godogod

Smash Ace
Looks like Miiverse's platforms are the same height as Battlefield's.. Confusion works there.

Sonicninja115

This thread isn't doing too well sadly, I will probably just keep cycling through the stages and I might add a general guide to each stage and put that up for discussion.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Lylat's platforms can be good for Mewtwo, but the tilting can screw up his shadow ball game and recovery sometimes.

Duck Hunt isn't much to write home about; ducks may get in the way of balls sometimes but that's it. Mewtwo isn't really bothered by people trying to hide on top of the tree thanks to his large disjointed bair.

Top Bottom