• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cape

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Haven't done much research on Mario (although he is my main in melee) simply because I'm trying to understand some other cool characters. How is the cape looking? Any vids up showing its range or anything?

limitbreak

Smash Ace
i thought you were talking about the player, the cape.
i hope he returns for brawl.
Hahah. Not THE Cape. Just the regular yellow cape that spins people around.

Edit: Thanks for the vid but I had to turn it off right after that ridiculous zelda aFa.

Gooche

Smash Rookie
The cape works the same way. I just wish that they let him glide like Metaknight and company. I mean the cape is supposed to allow him to fly. I am pretty disappointed with that as I play.

7Mario

Smash Rookie
hmm In Gimpfish's Mario video. (Mario vs Snake)
Mario's Cape looks like it always helps him to recover.
And it looks faster.
I think it's just better all around.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
What about the cape as an edgeguard? How has that changed, with the new edge mechanics? Sure, it should still work on space animals, but what about recoveries like C. Falcon and Mario, where the players automatically get turned around to grab the ledge during up-b? Any vids? Discussions?

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
wow talk about a broken as **** move.
not only does the cape flip you, it also flips your momentum.
also grab onto the edge and cape away from there for an infinite cape edgestall.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
The cape works the same way. I just wish that they let him glide like Metaknight and company. I mean the cape is supposed to allow him to fly. I am pretty disappointed with that as I play.
i wish i had never read this post, because i had never even thought of that until just reading this, and now knowing it is not in i am infinitely sad :urg:

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
i wish i had never read this post, because i had never even thought of that until just reading this, and now knowing it is not in i am infinitely sad :urg:
You'll be even sadder after you try out his down-b. FLUDD is a complete waste of a move that could've been a cape glide recovery.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
EVEN SADDER, fludd is suposed to do damage, push opponents further, and have the ability to change between 4 other modes (Spray, hover, rocket, turbo), if you haven't played sunshine before, check out fludd in its real game and you may be more pissed. Sakurai should've made FLUDD a freaking item so he can at least apply FLUDD's true nature to its max, instead of "dumbing it down". And yeah, Mario should be able to at least gluide with his cape if anything, freaking the cape debut function was flying at the most, not deflecting. Lastly, he should be able to crawl seeing as if he's been crawling throughout his gaming career and also by the fact that luigi crouches in the same animation (this gets a big WTF). BTW, In a general note though, my fault mikehawk on the "double post" on that cape stall, completely missed that .

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
haha after ramping on like that though, Cape and Fludd in brawl really work well together. There's been so many instances were I caped the second jump and FLUDDed the third, getting in a easy KO since the cape pushes opponents back now in brawl. However, I do miss the random times opponents trip from being caped like in melee, I believe they took this function out. I could be wrong, if anyone notices that the cape still trips oponents like in melee (high damage, oponents runs towards mario, mario capes, oponents randomly trips) feel free to post...

Seven11

Smash Cadet
Ugh yer right...

I felt the same way. I died a little bit when I read that. Such a good idea... I vote for OP for new president of Sora Inc...

Top Bottom