• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Man, I miss Savers. I can see why it didn't jive well with a lot of fans, but I still think it's one of the most underrated seasons of Digimon.
I know that it might be kinda weird, but I would love it if Savers Agumon was an Alternate costume for Agumon; or at the very least that Agumon could have a light yellow alt where he wears the training gauntlets of Savers Agumon. It would still make sense even if Agumon digivolved into classic Greymon and/or Wargreymon in his moveset, since Savers variant of Agumon has been shown to be able to evolve into those forms in a few games and such.
Savers was a great season. It had its flaws, of course, and it was cheesy as all hell but that cheese was what made it for me. It had a classic action movie quality and 90s feel that I really loved.
It definitely deserves a costume if Agumon makes it in.

Sadly, the Klonoa movie was cancelled, which essentially means that Klonoa no longer has any chance of becoming playable. It's either Agumon or Lloyd Irving now in terms of a 2nd Namco Bandai rep, which I think will most likely happen.
I'm gonna say it again: Lloyd is a Namco character, Agumon is a Bandai one. Namdai may be one company now but they weren't always and the difference does still come up on occassion. I don't know for sure if they'd care or not but Agumon would technically be representing a whole other side of Bamco with a whole different history.

Assuming we even get any new Bamco characters at all. Tales Of has the same issue FE has: revolving protags.
More like the same issue as FF. Tales has had numerous protagonists but Lloyd is very much a fan favourite, the star of its western breakout hit game and the face of the series on Nintendo consoles. He is to Tales what Cloud is to Final Fantasy, not overshadowed by the Egg Bear like Erdrick is the Slime.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Savers was a great season. It had its flaws, of course, and it was cheesy as all hell but that cheese was what made it for me. It had a classic action movie quality and 90s feel that I really loved.

I'm gonna say it again: Lloyd is a Namco character, Agumon is a Bandai one. Namdai may be one company now but they weren't always and the difference does still come up on occassion. I don't know for sure if they'd care or not but Agumon would technically be representing a whole other side of Bamco with a whole different history.

More like the same issue as FF. Tales has had numerous protagonists but Lloyd is very much a fan favourite, the star of its western breakout hit game and the face of the series on Nintendo consoles. He is to Tales what Cloud is to Final Fantasy, not overshadowed by the Egg Bear like Erdrick is the Slime.
True, but I'm not sure how willing Sakurai would be to pull a :ultmegaman: and skip Tekken for now to include him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
what do you mean by pull a megaman?
Capcom left one of their biggest characters out of a Marvel VS Capcom game and fans were furious.
And Sakurai's pretty much already said "no" to Heihachi, fortunately. It's not as if he was an interesting character in Tekken.
Actually, I meant that Mega Man got in before Ryu, in this case it'd be similar that the third party's biggest fighting property takes lower priority in favor of a different series (not that it didn't already with Pac-Man).

Besides, it's less of a hard no and more of a matter of being really difficult to transfer his gameplay into Smash faithfully (TLDR; as tough as making Ridley). Although Heihachi is dead in Tekken now (alongside his second VA being dead for real), so they'll have to go with someone else when the time comes, it's a moot point overall.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Actually, I meant that Mega Man got in before Ryu, in this case it'd be similar that the third party's biggest fighting property takes lower priority in favor of a different series (not that it didn't already with Pac-Man).
to be fair megaman was the second most requested third party character after sonic

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
BTW, Isabelle's coding is still Shizue in the US website as is. Crono being spelled like Chrono makes a lot of sense. In fact, Greninja's name is listed as Gekkouga there too.

If Chrono is in, they'd be using his Japanese name for the site like the rest. Thus, it's not a knock against the leak. Not that the leak is necessarily real, but the file listing matches up quite well with how it should go.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It honestly looks like a photoshop to me, but at least they did the real research. They're going to use the Japanese names. The only real evidence of the leak being fake is bad. Even then, there's nothing strong going for it either. I'd let them research the json files. Though really, my biggest thing is Reimu being in there. That makes it hard for me to believe. ZUN is unlikely to allow his characters in a game where they're being sold for DLC. He's pretty stingy about that. The rest? They all sound reasonable enough. They're unexpected but popular characters. It's not that Reimu isn't that either, but ZUN is the issue.

Every single one of them does sound like an actual worthy choice for Smash and worth noting on their own merits. I'm neutral on the leak, that said. No evidence makes it an obvious fake or obviously real.

D

Deleted member

Chrono would be "Brave" by that leak. (No, it would not be Agumon because he's all the way at #75, and he wouldn't be in the data until after the other 4 DLCs were finished.)

Does Chrono being "Brave" make any sense?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Chrono would be "Brave" by that leak. (No, it would not be Agumon because he's all the way at #75, and he wouldn't be in the data until after the other 4 DLCs were finished.)

Does Chrono being "Brave" make any sense?
Honestly? No. But this is an actual good point that kills it. Not the bad reasoning over the name spelling. Not when the website's coding proves that both Japanese and English names get used.

I'd ask Shishoe if Brave has any tangible connection to Crono. At least there's 3 ways to tie Jack to Joker.

D

Deleted member

Honestly? No. But this is an actual good point that kills it. Not the bad reasoning over the name spelling. Not when the website's coding proves that both Japanese and English names get used.

I'd ask Shishoe if Brave has any tangible connection to Crono. At least there's 3 ways to tie Jack to Joker.
I ain't going to be one to ask.
Not on speaking terms with Shish now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I ain't going to be one to ask.
Not on speaking terms with Shish now.
Fair enough. I did namedrop your idea on the Smash Ultimate thread. I edited it out, since it would make people tag you. Maybe best if you bring it up there instead. If you want, anyway.

Last edited:

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502

Savers is my favorite Digimon season next to Frontier, it'd be great to see a savers Agumon costume whenever he makes it in.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Some news on Digimon Survive:

The Game is currently in an inactive information disclosure due to a change in the development system and improvement of game features.

Source: https://twitter.com/Fairimon92/status/1097927277025914885

Beginning March 6th (the release date of the original Adventure film), the Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Project will officially begin.

It appears the new V-Jump also has a new memorial image for the 20th Anniversary project, which we hope to have soon. (Assuming this isn't a mistranslation for something to be released on the 6th. It's also possible it's in V-Jump as a preview with the image being released elsewhere on the 6th.)

Source: https://withthewill.net/threads/213...nture-20th-Collaborations-and-Survive-Updates

Oh boy

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Some news on Digimon Survive:

The Game is currently in an inactive information disclosure due to a change in the development system and improvement of game features.

Source: https://twitter.com/Fairimon92/status/1097927277025914885

Beginning March 6th (the release date of the original Adventure film), the Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Project will officially begin.

It appears the new V-Jump also has a new memorial image for the 20th Anniversary project, which we hope to have soon. (Assuming this isn't a mistranslation for something to be released on the 6th. It's also possible it's in V-Jump as a preview with the image being released elsewhere on the 6th.)

Source: https://withthewill.net/threads/213...nture-20th-Collaborations-and-Survive-Updates

Oh boy
good to know

Graizen

Smash Champion
Not sure if anything special will happen, but at least the date isn't far off.
The point is:

March 6 is before April. The same for Smash 3.0 and Joker entering Smash.

It's a Big Special Day for Digimon and they will show new things for sure.

If Agumon is the second DLC character, would make sense for him to be "Brave".

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The leak implies that Agumon would be the last Fighter Pass fighter shown off. However, it is possible that it is fake, so don't count on it.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The leak implies that Agumon would be the last Fighter Pass fighter shown off. However, it is possible that it is fake, so don't count on it.
We could very well see Agumon reveal here, but he could be the last one the same way.

Reveal Time =/= Launch Date

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Note that the numbers on the website are based upon the "reveal order". If Agumon is 72, he is also Brave. But he wouldn't be according to that leak, which had him at a different number. It has to be one or the other.

Brave itself may not be character 72(since as I said, the character numbers are "order of being revealed to us"). There's no way to know if it's for sure that. We can see characters being worked on in some order, but that's not inherently what order they will be revealed to us either. Of course, it's fair to think Brave would be 72.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Would you guys like it if Agumon had evolutions...

But his status never changed?

D

Deleted member

yeah but weve got a lot of stuff that dont make much sense
By that logic Dr. Phil ahould be in Smash with no problem.

If a character is changing into a bigger and more powerful form, stats need to be different.

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
By that logic Dr. Phil ahould be in Smash with no problem.

If a character is changing into a bigger and more powerful form, stats need to be different.
no idea who that is, but the point is that what makes sense to us doesnt necessarily make sense to the smash, but i agree digivolving without stat changes would be a little odd

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The stats should be different. Though I wonder if Graizen meant the damage they took would stay the same? It's a given already, but that's the only thing that should stay the same. The rest should change, imo. Even if it's not a huge change. Like Greymon to MetalGreymon shouldn't be a huge weight or power increase compared to Agumon to Greymon. They're nearly the same size. MetalGreymon could instead have a jump increase due to his wings.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The stats should be different. Though I wonder if Graizen meant the damage they took would stay the same? It's a given already, but that's the only thing that should stay the same. The rest should change, imo. Even if it's not a huge change. Like Greymon to MetalGreymon shouldn't be a huge weight or power increase compared to Agumon to Greymon. They're nearly the same size. MetalGreymon could instead have a jump increase due to his wings.
They should, but i don't think it's obligatory

Top Bottom