• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser Bomb: Worth anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This move has good power in it, but the terrible lag at the end has left me to (very sparingly) only use it as an edgeguard/hog attack by catching the ledge. Is there any other way to make this attack more useful?

Gojira

Smash Lord
If you use the proper mind games you can catch you opponet off guard. Mainly if you are coming from above.

*tip*:Try to trick you opponet but getting them to attempt there up arieal on you as you come down. The second they go for it use second jump then instantly do the up B. You can catch most characters during the up a attack lagif you time this right.

hydroswirl

Smash Cadet
Agreed^ If you confuse your opponent enough or if your opponent is repetitive, you may be able to use it sucessfully without hurting yourself.
:D

GrabfestBowser

Sexiest Bowser
The problem with what you are saying is that you are above your opponent. You NEVER want to be above your opponent with Bowser because what are your options?

Luke

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
I actually also use it as a move to confuse the opponent...

I start running at them, and they thing I'm going to dash attack or F-air them (which most of the times they side-dodge) and I do down B, and if they're at certain percentages it works well, the lag helps... d<_< b... Actually another friend does that strategy with yoshi...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The Bomb is a useful retaliation against an opponent on a high % that's juggling you, but only because it's an attack that's out of the blue. It's only effective when it can kill the airborne opponent vertically, because you're gonna get lagged when you touchdown. Realistically you'd never want to actually rely on this as a strategy or anything cus it's not reliable and there are better options once you can get out of a juggle. It's best to keep it as an option only to break up the monotonomy of your own defensive /counter-offensive style.

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
Just curious, but does anyone know what the specifics of the attack are? I know that's vague, but I mean specifically what it's power is at certain times, and whether it stays consistant throughout the drop, or whether it's more powerful at the beginning or the end? Because I was messing around fighting a comp and he did the Bowser bomb and I was basically touching him, I was so close, and it seemed to kill me really quickly.
I couldn't tell if it was because I was pretty far up there vertically, or whether it's actually more powerful at the beginning. Anyone know how it works exactly?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just remember that it's an option if you just happen to be stuck ABOVE your opponent (cus you ALWAYS want to be underneath, but sometimes that ain't the case).

GrabfestBowser

Sexiest Bowser
CAOTIC said:
Just remember that it's an option if you just happen to be stuck ABOVE your opponent (cus you ALWAYS want to be underneath, but sometimes that ain't the case).
The only time I really use it with intent is when I'm edgeguarding Peach

Luke

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I'm no bowser player, but i've noticed almost every Uair with a disjointed hitbox beats this. Namely Link and Young Link's Uairs. Plus if its a swordsman, it will have added reach, so...

Not sure if this is what was meatn eariler, but you could do a fakeout with it. It stops your falling, so you could trick the opponent. IE, do the move right out of reach, they do there move, you hti them. But hte Lag afterwards might hurt you.

Gojira

Smash Lord
nitro-blazer said:
I'm no bowser player, but i've noticed almost every Uair with a disjointed hitbox beats this. Namely Link and Young Link's Uairs. Plus if its a swordsman, it will have added reach, so...

Not sure if this is what was meatn eariler, but you could do a fakeout with it. It stops your falling, so you could trick the opponent. IE, do the move right out of reach, they do there move, you hti them. But hte Lag afterwards might hurt you.
That is basically what i said, but if you are playing a marth player who knows what they are doing they will easily get around this.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
4 year bump

i guess its no harm with the bowser boards having 1 post per week and i guess its no difference than someone making this exact same thread again

anyway its useful if an opponent is trying to upair you since you stall in the air for a bit before falling, therefore you can avoid the upair then hit them afterward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom