• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Boomerang: Suck or Blow?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I've been trying to find unique ways to use the Gale Boomerang. The only information that I'm aware of are the two factors; 1, the moment that the Boomerang starts to move towards you again, it loses the ability to deal damage and gains the 'push' factor, and 2, the timing of it is always the same, because there is no 'charge' system of any sort. It always goes the same distance.

I haven't found much in the way of tactics. It seems like it's just a kind of pointless feature added in cause it was in Twilight Princess. And don't get me started on the Spin Attack charge.

Anybody find anything cool to do with it? Because I miss my OOT Link already.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
The name was just a pun, this isn't a Hatin' On Link thread so please don't take it that way.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Go look at The Art Of Link over my signature if you want to see my "Gale Guarding".

I haven't really seen or heard other tricks with the boomerang.

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
I like the gale a lot because of the ability to bring enemies close to you, which helps out comboing. Also, if your lucky, you can get an easy kill off of this by throwing it past the enemy and letting it blow back while they are charging a smash move. They'll be blow right off the edge, and totally unaware what hit them, but it usually only works on noobs =/

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I dunno, I always liked that if the boomerang missed on the return it would force players to run the gauntlet back in Melee.

Gale Guarding is sexy but I miss the off-screen from behind damage that came out of nowhere. It was funny interrupting combos with something the opponent didn't expect.

Top Bottom