• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bizarre Tabuu Gets Revenge (The Tabuu Support Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If there is an original smash character, it must be an Anthropomorphic Master Hand.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't recall ever seeing anything resembling Tabuu.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If Smash gets an original character, I would rather it be some sort of Primid or even some form of Galleom or Duon.

Tabuu didn't stand out that much. It felt like he was shoehorned into the story at the last minute.

Plus his design is just weird.
Yet, Master Hand is beloved. Despite that he's a hand.

Err... no. Given how poorly the SSE was received, they would be sprinkling salt on our wounds if they made Tabuu playable.

I'd rather have a Primid.
That certainly does not solve your problem. If you don't want a character because some people complain about SSE like they complained about everything else in Brawl, then Primid certainly won't help make it any better.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm ok with any kind of character, but if it's a Smash original character, I will mildly have to disagree. :dizzy:
At least give that spot to a unrepresented Nintendo franchise or a veteran franchise, not Tabuu.
Hell, just wait for a new Nintendo IP character that uses the same abilities as Tabuu and I'll be fine with it.
Just my opinion though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm ok with any kind of character, but if it's a Smash original character, I will mildly have to disagree. :dizzy:
At least give that spot to a unrepresented Nintendo franchise or a veteran franchise, not Tabuu.
Hell, just wait for a new Nintendo IP character that uses the same abilities as Tabuu and I'll be fine with it.
Just my opinion though.
Accepting any Nintendo franchise except Smash Brothers?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think tabuu has --% chance of being ssb4. If he were added it would have nothing to do with popularity or relevance.
That is not required in order to be playable. And how does his relevance matter? He's officially part of the Smash cast with Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Giga Bowser.

If he were added it would just be because sakurai thought it was a cool thing to do.
Seems like a good enough reason to me. Sakurai is adding unique characters and he likes to add characters that would surprise fans. And if Sakurai thinks that if Tabuu done correctly would make people want to buy the game and would contribute to game balance then he will add him if he wants.

But it turns out tabuu had never died but was only weakened when you beat him in brawl.
Good reason for him to make a comeback as a playable character.

But after you get 100% in the story there is some cool cutscene with tabuu coming back and then you unlock him in story and regular mode.
That's kind of the idea I had. I think that would actually really interest fans if it happened.

Anyway if tabuu was a playable character it could at least make the story pretty cool, I'd be cool with it. And if you people just hate the idea of having a unique character remember that rob is technically the ancient minister who is an original character so LAWYERED.
Hellz yeh

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The problem I have with Tabuu is this: Isn't a he a character that defies gravity? It would be hard to imagine the almighty Tabuu being knocked around, falling, or sinking unlike his portrayal in Brawl . It's basically the equivalent of wanting King Boo in Smash for the same reason.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The problem I have with Tabuu is this: Isn't a he a character that defies gravity? It would be hard to imagine the almighty Tabuu being knocked around, falling, or sinking unlike his portrayal in Brawl . It's basically the equivalent of wanting King Boo in Smash for the same reason.
I don't think it's a problem. He'd function similar to Mewtwo. Even Master Hand fell to the ground when Tabuu kicked his ass. Even Boo has fell to the ground as well.

Tabuu would most likely only be on the ground when ducking or having been knocked down to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I've tossed around the idea of a Smash-original character before, and frankly I'd be okay with it if it happened (though I'm far from expecting it). Tabuu in specific, however, I'm not a fan of. As important as he was to SSE's story, there is no Story Mode this time around and therefore he'd lose complete relevance. I mean, even R.O.B., Brawl's unexpected addition, was a new character tied directly into the adventure mode's plot. With no justification like that this time, I can't see that at all as viable. He just suddenly becomes weak enough to be balanced and playable in the scheme of fighting other characters, with no story mode to showcase it? That's a little hard to swallow for my tastes.

Then there becomes other issues, like how Tabuu is from one video game that he isn't the main protagonist of nor directly tied to another character. Even if he's from the same series, it'd seem rather biased to give him extra credentials when his resume amounts to being just a few steps higher than someone like Majora or Cackletta, being the big-bad of their respective games. If he's getting special treatment, doesn't that go against the whole idea that Smash Bros. is a series of its own and should get equal treatment in the first place? It's politics, talking about turning a Smash-original character into a playable one, it is...

Should Tabuu return in some form, I'd rather see him as a brutal bonus boss in Adventure Mode, like how Giga Bowser was in Melee. Being an "Unplayable Character", a boss fight involving a type of character you have to send off the screen to kill rather than simply damage (again like Giga Bowser), seems like the best way Tabuu could be received as a returning boss without simply being a regular boss.

As for a Smash-original character in general? I think that possibility died when Sakurai mentioned there will be no Story Mode. It's a shame, too, because I really do like the idea of Smash Bros. birthing a new playable character for the year of its anniversary.

On a final note, you could argue that Tabuu would make a good unexpected addition, yes? Isn't there a sort of irony to, you know, creating a thread for a character you're counting on appearing through nobody supporting them in the first place?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I've tossed around the idea of a Smash-original character before, and frankly I'd be okay with it if it happened (though I'm far from expecting it). Tabuu in specific, however, I'm not a fan of. As important as he was to SSE's story, there is no Story Mode this time around and therefore he'd lose complete relevance. I mean, even R.O.B., Brawl's unexpected addition, was a new character tied directly into the adventure mode's plot. With no justification like that this time, I can't see that at all as viable. He just suddenly becomes weak enough to be balanced and playable in the scheme of fighting other characters, with no story mode to showcase it? That's a little hard to swallow for my tastes.
Tabuu does not need to be in the SSE or have his army to be apart of the story. Hell, he just came out of nowhere last time. He can do it again. Just like every Smash villain ever.

Also I agree that not being the protagonist or tied to a protagonist hurts his chances. But, Sakurai does different things a lot. For example having a character that did not originate in a video game or have a lead role in one. Also Wii Fit Trainer, a character who was not technically a protagonist, but a mascot.

On a final note, you could argue that Tabuu would make a good unexpected addition, yes? Isn't there a sort of irony to, you know, creating a thread for a character you're counting on appearing through nobody supporting them in the first place?
So if someone made a Wii Fit Trainer thread, would that make a difference? I suppose if it become popular and top tier yes, but Tabuu won't.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
So if someone made a Wii Fit Trainer thread, would that make a difference? I suppose if it become popular and top tier yes, but Tabuu won't.
I don't think it would have been any different, actually. Both are/would be completely unexpected additions with little support prior-hand.

On the bright side, that means the rally for support for Tabuu can't go down! Considering there isn't supposed to be support in the first place!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
For the record, SaturnGamer64 is banned from posting on the Smash 4 boards anymore, meaning that anyone who wanted to become new OP of the thread technically could.

To any of you hardcore fans of Tabuu out there. Yayyyyyy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I would take the reigns back but I have a lot of work to do for university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom