• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bite of Flipnotes

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
For at least more than a year ago, Nintendo has released Flipnote Studio 3D to Japan.
Flipnote? What's that? Well, for those of you who don't know it was a DSi Application where you could make animations and share them among others through their servers. A fun app until it was shut down, and the 3DS came to be. Actually made the DSi more memorable now that I think about it.

Recently, Club Nintendo has released Flipnote Studio to the NA. Hooray! Finally!...Without the Online feature that I hoped for. I digress they delivered oddly, and "limited" to only those who signed up to Club Nintendo. You may only share each other's flipnotes through means of only local wireless sadly.
What makes me a little salty sub-human, is that this was released a long time after the Japan release without full features. Having delays through the process too! Though, there was that problem that usually persist in the internet of course involving illegal matters and minors; which made Nintendo basically destroy Swapnote, and shutting off features for Flipnote Studio 3D.

D

Deleted member 269706

Also a big fan of Flipnote...I actively participated in Hatena when it was still on the DSi. It is sad to see that the online mode isn't there, but whatever...I don't think it will ever be quite the same as Hatena was anyway.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
Also a big fan of Flipnote...I actively participated in Hatena when it was still on the DSi. It is sad to see that the online mode isn't there, but whatever...I don't think it will ever be quite the same as Hatena was anyway.
Since it's a sort of paid service now, 99 cents a month (Can be obtained by ratings and such). Though, Nintendo is ever so fragile with Online Services now.

D

Deleted member 269706

Aye, I'm familiar with how it's supposed to run in theory. Unfortunately they left the online capabilities out of it altogether in the American release.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I also got Flipnote Studio 3D fully expecting to use Hatena. I don't understand what exactly was wrong with it, I never ran into anything inappropriate.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
I also got Flipnote Studio 3D fully expecting to use Hatena. I don't understand what exactly was wrong with it, I never ran into anything inappropriate.
It was well monitored before. The problem was Swapnote had a small problem of Minors giving explicit photos to weirdos, and I think Flipnote Friends had that too. Though, I would think that can always happen anywhere in the internet...
Hatena still has servers running in Japan, I'm hoping that they're setting up here. Or maybe Nintendo doesn't want any NA servers.

D

Deleted member 269706

It was well monitored before. The problem was Swapnote had a small problem of Minors giving explicit photos to weirdos, and I think Flipnote Friends had that too. Though, I would think that can always happen anywhere in the internet...
Hatena still has servers running in Japan, I'm hoping that they're setting up here. Or maybe Nintendo doesn't want any NA servers.
The servers that are hosting Japan's Flipnote 3D are unrelated to Hatena. The flipnote 3d servers are purely run by Nintendo, and Nintendo alone. The only reason Hatena's flipnote servers are still up is for people to rip their old flipnotes from what used to be hatena.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
The servers that are hosting Japan's Flipnote 3D are unrelated to Hatena. The flipnote 3d servers are purely run by Nintendo, and Nintendo alone. The only reason Hatena's flipnote servers are still up is for people to rip their old flipnotes from what used to be hatena.
Ah, I didn't know. Thanks for the info.
Hatena as far as I know, is a blogging website also. I'm not sure, I should make sure.

D

Deleted member 269706

Ah, I didn't know. Thanks for the info.
Hatena as far as I know, is a blogging website also. I'm not sure, I should make sure.
Yeah, I assume its similar to Google, in the sense that it has a social media side to it, as well as the blogging. So Nintendo teamed up with them when flipnote came out, and helped them expand the name.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
Yeah, I assume its similar to Google, in the sense that it has a social media side to it, as well as the blogging. So Nintendo teamed up with them when flipnote came out, and helped them expand the name.
I guess we will have to wait for another year maybe, if Flipnote Hatena will resurrect on the 3DS.

Top Bottom