• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Binding of Mikeray - November 9th, 2013 - Enfield, Connecticut

Molten Lava

Smash Cadet
NNID
LightSwitchTTM

A Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament.

Requesting set ups! The more set ups we have, the more matches we can have, plus friendlies.

-Schedule-

11:00 am - Doors open
11:30 - Sign up for Doubles
12:00- Brawl Doubles Begins
1:30 - Sign ups for Singles
2:30-3:00 - Brawl Singles Begin

(subject to change)

Venue Fee: $5
Singles Entry Fee: $10 / Person
Doubles Entry Fee: $10 / Team

All prizes will be paid in cash.

•Prize Pools (Singles)
1st-55%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%
4th-5%
5th-7th

•Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

-If less than 16 teams sign up, the split will go 70/30/0-

-SINGLES BRACKET RULES-
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off” at player request.
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.

-DOUBLES BRACKET RULES-
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Team Attack set to "On"
Pause set to “Off” at player request.
Life stealing is allowed.
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

(APEX Stage Ruleset)

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:

Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, subbing, and any other forms of bracket manipulation is not allowed and punishable by the TO.

BYOC (Bring your own controller)

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match.

Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be penalized at the TO's discretion.

If pause is not disabled and the game is paused, the players must stop playing and call over the TO, at which time the TO will decide how the match will proceed. If a player unpauses the match the TO's approval, he or she will be penalized as the TO sees fit.

Hacks that do not interfere with gameplay (character texture, stage texture, menu, music, etc) are permitted. All other hacks are not permitted (model hacks, stage hacks that affect stage function, gameplay hacks). This includes codes that affect gameplay (ex. "no tripping" code). Players may request that hacks be disabled for their match, where in which case, the system will reboot into standard Brawl, and the match will continue. Any damage inflicted by a player overrides this rule.

Determining Controller Ports/Stage Strike
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams agree to Rock-Paper-Scissors or Mr. Game & Watch Judgement. The winning team shall either elect to have first choice in port selection or first choice in Stage Strike. Whichever team does not receive first choice in Port Selection will be compensated with first choice in Stage Striking.

Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Hey there Molton Lava! I'm the President of the smash club at University of Hartford, and I plan to bring members of our newfound club to your tournament, as it is only 30 minutes away and is a brawl tourney! Which most are interested in! I'm looking forward to your local tourney! HYPE

peeup

Smash Lord
Hey there Molton Lava! I'm the President of the smash club at University of Hartford, and I plan to bring members of our newfound club to your tournament, as it is only 30 minutes away and is a brawl tourney! Which most are interested in! I'm looking forward to your local tourney! HYPE
There's a smash club at U Hartford? I'm at Trinity and I'm like desperate for someone to play against haha. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to this.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Hey peeup! I remember talking to you about a Hall of Gaming tournament in Wallingford one time, except I didn't end up going. Dude, I just started the club after winning the Brawl tournament at my school, but have been playing AT melee for 4 years. I really hope you can make it man!

Taiyoukaixzion

Smash Rookie
Hey peeup! I remember talking to you about a Hall of Gaming tournament in Wallingford one time, except I didn't end up going. Dude, I just started the club after winning the Brawl tournament at my school, but have been playing AT melee for 4 years. I really hope you can make it man!
Yo dude, I go to University of Hartford and have been looking for people to play with in Melee and project M

Molten Lava

Smash Cadet
NNID
LightSwitchTTM
zeonix, how many people from your club are to be expected at this tourney? I need to tell the venue if it's an excessive amount of people.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
zeonix, how many people from your club are to be expected at this tourney? I need to tell the venue if it's an excessive amount of people.
I'm thinking more than 5 and less than 12. I will be asking members every week up til the tourney who will be coming. I'll keep you updated as more sign up to go. Is there a limit for the total number of entrants due to venue space? If it helps at all, we can bring a few setups.

Molten Lava

Smash Cadet
NNID
LightSwitchTTM
I'm thinking more than 5 and less than 12. I will be asking members every week up til the tourney who will be coming. I'll keep you updated as more sign up to go. Is there a limit for the total number of entrants due to venue space? If it helps at all, we can bring a few setups.
there is, but the cap is like 30 people total, and 5-12 shouldn't be bad at all. I would appreciate the updates, and set ups do definitely help. My skype is lightswitchtothemind, so if you need to talk to me directly, feel free to do so.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Could anyone from this U Hartford group drive the lowly Trinity student?
there is, but the cap is like 30 people total, and 5-12 shouldn't be bad at all. I would appreciate the updates, and set ups do definitely help. My skype is lightswitchtothemind, so if you need to talk to me directly, feel free to do so.

Peeup, yeah, I will ask members this Friday who plans on driving and what not, and see if myself or one of the other drivers could pick you up. I'll keep you updated Molten Lava; will probably have word of attendance on Friday at our meeting. I'm hyped for this tourney! ^_^

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Zeonix are you still going?
Yes, we / I absolutely plan on going :) And I will be bringing at least 5 others with me, but no more than 15. And do I know you Quest? You are from NH but I don't think we have ever met before. ^_^ Also, Lava, would you mind if we brought a setup with PM/Melee just so people could get in some short, friendly games with those as well? No bracket or anything lol, just for the lolz!!! :)

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
we've never met. I asked primarily because you are bringing several others too

and yes I live under an hour from concord
That's awesome man! Yeah, there are a ton of people at University of Hartford who are into smash. Many of them are good casual players who I have been teaching Brawl Advanced Techniques to before this tournament. Kakariko Village isn't real is it? Can't find it on any maps O_o OHHH haha, it's a settlement in Hyrule :p Silly man. Are you North our South of Manchester?

Molten Lava

Smash Cadet
NNID
LightSwitchTTM
Also, Lava, would you mind if we brought a setup with PM/Melee just so people could get in some short, friendly games with those as well? No bracket or anything lol, just for the lolz!!! :)
Of course, a set up for P:M is always welcome. Odds are it will be turned into a Brawl set up if need be for the actual tournament, so for now, just P:M (no additional Melee)

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
1 hour northwest of manchester
Of course, a set up for P:M is always welcome. Odds are it will be turned into a Brawl set up if need be for the actual tournament, so for now, just P:M (no additional Melee)

I'm about 1 hour and a half from Manchester, North-East near Maine, in the summer, obviously in CT for college. Awesome Lava, sounds good!

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
I live quite close to this, sadly I'm not motivated enough to go since how new I am. :'(
Like I said before, a lot of people I am bringing from the club are new. Should be a noob fest :p Not really, but you get the idea. You should come! The more the merrier! Besides, you get better faster by getting out and going to tourneys!!!

peeup

Smash Lord
I live quite close to this, sadly I'm not motivated enough to go since how new I am. :'(
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you buddy. At the first (and only) tournament I've attended, I got 3 stocked by some kid who couldn't have been older than 13, and I'm a college student. Hoping to do better this time, but more importantly I'm just hoping to meet some people and have a good time.

Repeller

Smash Rookie
Ya I really want to meet people, I have no one to play with in area to just constantly get better and play with. I'm just stuck with me and my bots, training. :( :( :(

peeup

Smash Lord
^^Story of my life, I've become very good friends with level 9 CPUs. I've probably learned more bad responses than good from playing the AI so much, so I think it'll be really helpful to play some actual people for a change.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Molten Lava, is there anyway to start the sign-up process earlier or move it along, because I recently found out that I have to be back at the University of Hartford around 5, which means I would need to be done with my matches by 4:30, which means whoever drove with me in my car would also have to leave around that time, and currently that is about half the people attending the tourney. :/

Molten Lava

Smash Cadet
NNID
LightSwitchTTM
Odds are you will be done with your matches by then. I can't change the time schedule because that affects out of state people who are on stricter schedules, but if we have a good number of setups (6-8), things will go by quicker.

CyanNY

Smash Cadet
Of COURSE I have to work Open House that day...>:( Good luck to everyone who is attending and have fun, especially the newbies!

Top Bottom