• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 5 Mini Documentary Trailer And Sneak Peek Released!

The Big House 5 was one of the greatest Melee events yet. The Big House 5 compendium managed to raise $13,202 dollars towards making the event even greater than before which one of the awards being a mini documentary of the tournament created by Last Stock Legends. A trailer for the mini-documentary has recently been released alongside a sneak peak for all to watch!

Mini Documentary Trailer By Papapaint

In a recent AMA done by Papapaint on /r/smashbros, he had this to say on the project. "The Smash scene is full of interesting stories, and I really want to show that there's a lot more to our favorite Smash players than their friendly rivalries with one another. What happens when Smashers need to start balancing their passion with their desire to raise a family? What's it like relying on prize winnings to sustain yourself and your loved ones? How do the elite players cope with the constantly rising pressure to perform at super-human levels? These are some of the questions we want to examine in these Mini-docs. You'll get a much more candid look at the players than ever before."

An Early Cut From A Scene In The Mini Documentary​

The planned release for the full mini documentary is set for Spring 2016. Excited to see the final product? Like the trailer and sneak peak? Tell us in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for future video coverage!

Last edited:

Comments

I love how after 14 years the Melee community is still bringing great stories and inspiring people to play a kid's game. I love Melee and it's community!

D
All these documentaries are so fun to watch, loving this trend! Very excited for this, along with Rivals part 3.

Okay, seriously? Like nothing of value happened at TBH5 Melee other than the occasional HBOX beating Mango, but then again, we had one of those at EVO, a much better Melee tournament. I honestly expected this to be about Smash 4 with ZeRo being the central figure given the struggles he had faced that weekend. If you are gonna make TBH5 about Melee, at least make it about doubles and crews, because a lot of stuff happened there, especially with SoCal and Europe.

Still though, despite my complaints and frustrations, it does look like it will be very high quality, and I will definitely see it.

Top Bottom