• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big House 4 Begins Saturday!

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
This weekend is The Big House 4 - a Smashboards sponsored tournament featuring the strongest talent for a tournament since MLG Anaheim. Being held in Michigan on October 4th and 5th, The Big House 4 reached 709 unique registrants when registration closed two weeks ago. This makes the event not just the largest tournament in October, but also the largest event ever in the fall for Smash. The Big House 4 will feature Super Smash Brothers Melee (574 entrants) and Project M (333 entrants) on three different livestreams. The action starts at 11AM ET on twitch.tv/vgbootcamp, twitch.tv/tourneylocator, and twitch.tv/meleemilwaukee. Expectations are high for tournament organizer @Juggleguy - widely known as one of the most efficient and prepared organizers for Smash. You can check out many of his articles regarding TOing right here.

Among the players registered are top ranked Mango, Mew2King, Armada, and Hungrybox. Noticeably absent is PPMD who recently released a blog regarding his tournament activity. Everyone will be watching to see if anyone can unseat Mango after his championship wins at MLG Anaheim and EVO 2014. Many players who have shown the ability to threaten the Smash gods will also be making a run at the Big House 4, including Hax, Axe, Leffen, and Westballz. @TaFoKiNtS wrote a great preview about the action over at the MIOM blog.

Want to know who is playing who early on? Check out all the pool information here!

Get ready for the next chapter!

Stream Schedule
Saturday October 4th, 2014

On Twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
11AM - 7PM: Melee 1v1 Pools Phase 1
8PM - 12AM: Melee 1v1 Pools Phase 2

On Twitch.tv/Meleemilwaukee
11AM - 7PM: Melee 2v2 Bracket Phase 1
8PM - 12AM: Melee 1v1 Pools Phase 2

On Twitch.tv/tourneylocator
11AM - 7PM: Project M 1v1 Phase 1
8PM - 12AM: Project M 1v1 Phase 2

Sunday October 5th, 2014
On Twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
10AM - 1PM: Melee 2v2 Top 16
1PM - 4PM: Melee 1v1 Top 32
4PM - 7PM: Project M 1v1 Top 8
7PM - 10PM: Melee 1v1 Top 8

On Twitch.tv/Meleemilwaukee
10AM - 1PM: Melee 2v2 Top 16
1PM - 4PM: Melee 1v1 Top 32

On Twitch.tv/tourneylocator
10AM - 1PM: Project M 1v1 Top 32
1PM - 4PM: Project M 2v2 Top 8

Information

Last edited by a moderator:

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Think alot of people will be too busy playing smash 4 to watch lol.

Overclocked

Smash Cadet
NNID
superfamicomwars
Hype.
Can't wait to watch, should be a really good tournament. If there's anyone reading this who wasn't watched a Smash tournament before - definitely watch this. Even if you haven't played Melee, you can still enjoy the amazing spectacle of competitive Smash.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
WE IN THERE THO
Pooch promised to call me out on stram to sub.
Oh boy, time to convince my mother to let me use her credit card.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Welp, my car's in the shop so I haven't gotten Smash 4 yet. One way or another I'm playing Smash tho.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
See, while all you guys were entrenched in TBH4 and Smash 4, I was busy for the majority of the weekend... ugh.
I don't even have Smash 4, who am I kidding...
I'll have to settle for vods whenever I can, for TBH4 I guess... ~_~

Top Bottom