• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best way to Luigi kill after a down throw.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
All airs and down and up B are cool. The most powerfull are up b, down b, nair and bair. I know depends of the DI, but without DI, nair is better to fast kill than down b? I love the down b and I'm testing nair like Boss like to use. Uair is just when opponent is 175% or more to easy kill. Well, witch one is the "killer", Nair or Down B? Thanks.

pMew2

Smash Rookie
I feel like nair is a better kill option than down b out of dthrow

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'd say Down B on anything but fastfallers as once you catch someone in it, they are done.

I'd probably use D throw to Nair though on fastfallers. Haven't had much luck with D throw to nair killing though anyways even when I get to play the Wii U version at tournies. Idk about it.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
I'd say Down B on anything but fastfallers as once you catch someone in it, they are done.

I'd probably use D throw to Nair though on fastfallers. Haven't had much luck with D throw to nair killing though anyways even when I get to play the Wii U version at tournies. Idk about it.

Good idea! Nair to fast fallers like diddy, fox, captain falcon and down B to light ones like Rosaluma, Jiggly and Kirby. Thanks guys.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I prefer B-air. In 3DS you have to wait forever for them to get in kill percents (Something ridiculous like 140 - 150%. I mean, come on! This ain't 1.0.3).

If you have the Wii U though, go for N-air.

Luigi Cyclone is good, but only on floaties like Jiggly or Kirby (Like, seriously, if you manage to catch JIigly at her kill percents and manage to rise with it, she is dead).

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
I prefer B-air. In 3DS you have to wait forever for them to get in kill percents (Something ridiculous like 140 - 150%. I mean, come on! This ain't 1.0.3).

If you have the Wii U though, go for N-air.

Luigi Cyclone is good, but only on floaties like Jiggly or Kirby (Like, seriously, if you manage to catch JIigly at her kill percents and manage to rise with it, she is dead).
I killed Rosaluma with down throw + ciclone like 60% in Prism Tower xD. I play a lot both versions.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
If I had to choose between nair and up b I'd pick up b
Why? cause I don't have to use my double jump like no other combo

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
If I had to choose between nair and up b I'd pick up b
Why? cause I don't have to use my double jump like no other combo
Up B depends of the opponents DI and it's risky. But is the most powerfull kill option of Luigi. It's easier in fat and big chars like DDD, Bowser, DK, Ganon, Charizard, R.O.B..

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
And remember that they're only gonna die for an aerial Up B at quite high % (also depends of the stage's top ceiling), so generally there's more reliable or safe options at it, like Cyclone, Bair depending on your distance to the side's blastzone, even Upair can do it...

But if you're felling confident enough and have a good advantage, then alright, you can give it a shot. Although I don't have a Wii U to test it yet, I'll only go for it in a situation like that and close to the ledge, so if it whiffs, I can avoid a strong punish...

Hope to get one soon and start on the lab...

Last edited:

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
And remember that they're only gonna die for an aerial Up B at quite high % (also depends of the stage's top ceiling), so generally there's more reliable or safe options at it, like Cyclone, Bair depending on your distance to the side's blastzone, even Upair can do it...

But if you're felling confident enough and have a good advantage, then alright, you can give it a shot. Although I don't have a Wii U to test it yet, I'll only go for it in a situation like that and close to the ledge, so if it whiffs, I can avoid a strong punish...

Hope to get one soon and start on the lab...
Já tenho Wii U, aconselho =) Isso ae. You are right!

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
GO for down B, you get a higher chance of getting that height and killing earlier in N-air.
USUALLY i do nair, fast fall then down B with a catch and its an insta kill combo, as long as they dont air dodge.

Kujasauce

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kujasauce
3DS FC
4983-4941-3106
I do like to mix it up with the bair. They might not expect it, and if you sweet spot, it is a reliable kill too. I don't remember the percentages off the top of my head.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
I would go with the Cyclone. After a downthrow, you can hit it twice. Use your first jump and connect, then jump again to connect even higher above, closer toward the blast zone. Now mind you, there is more risk in the second attempt, but the reward is very good.

Top Bottom