• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best thing about the New 3DS XL

Mechageo

Smash Ace

The cartridge reader isn't attached directly to the mainboard in this model. This means that if it breaks, you'll be able to buy a replacement and install it yourself without any soldering knowledge.

Woohoo!

D

Deleted member

awesome! but i dont think i have the guts to pull it apart ;)

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
My only problem is the positioning of the reader. With the way I hold the console, I'm afraid that if I get too intense with the game my pinky will pop the cart out. Wish it has a NES-esque door or cartridge lock or something to keep it in there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My only problem is the positioning of the reader. With the way I hold the console, I'm afraid that if I get too intense with the game my pinky will pop the cart out. Wish it has a NES-esque door or cartridge lock or something to keep it in there.
Agreed. I would've preferred if it was at the top (like previous models), but anything works, right?

MorgLikesGames

Smash Rookie
NNID
MorgLikesGames
3DS FC
1891-1668-7887
The issue for me is that the power button is right next to the stylus. I end up hitting the power button trying to get the stylus out, it's a pain. But I do think it's a fair trade for the fact that Smash doesn't restart my entire 3DS anymore when I close it.

Top Bottom