• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best of all us

CO18

Smash Hero
Also me and Atomsk went about even after over about 20 tourney sets. That is a good sample size to try and begin to gauge skill levels (and even then, it's still just one MU)
Out of all the players with inflated egos, yours was always the most annoying
Ive never had an inflated ego, I dont even think I rubbed it in when I crushed you after we had our MM despite the back and forth trash talk. I enjoy the trash talk, game is boring without it. I know how good I was/who was better than me etc. I'm actually objective when I talk about these things and I have evidence supporting what Im saying.

edit: @ gunblade, lol thats fair. It's just I dont like it when people say things out of ignorance without evidence. you simply don't what you're talking about in reference to brawl/when I was in my prime and I was also willing to prove it lol. It may have simply been you weren't active in the scene then, I wouldn't know. It only got gassed up because you made a comment that was completely wrong. My original comment about the state of DDD was moreso trolling because of the history snakeee and I had/me not liking him/bodying him in a MM.

Last edited:

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Ive never had an inflated ego, I dont even think I rubbed it in when I crushed you after we had our MM despite the back and forth trash talk. I enjoy the trash talk, game is boring without it. I know how good I was/who was better than me etc. I'm actually objective when I talk about these things and I have evidence supporting what Im saying.
Your MLG placings may give you the edge in the public eye here.

CO18

Smash Hero
Your MLG placings may give you the edge in the public eye here.
Trust me there alot more than MLG placings buddy and its more than an edge lmao.

Your ugly comment may be the only thing worse than the snakeee comments.

Last edited:

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Trust me there alot more than MLG placings buddy and its more than an edge lmao.

Your ugly comment may be the only thing worse than the snakeee comments.
man you know how much stuff I have to remember. my memory is bad enough......especially with all these updates in the game and current player history, etc.

CO18

Smash Hero
it was fun. you still suck tho. =] btw I miss Inui.[/q?uote]
lol inui was the original one I had the most back and forth trash talk with but we ended up cool. Does he play smash 4?

Also just for a little education, n!gga got me looking at old results of tourneys snakeee and I were both at lmao.
Pound 4 17. CO18, 49. Snakeee
MLG Orlando 14. Co18 33. Snakeeee
MLG Dallas 9. CO18....... wait for it...... 97. Snakeeeee LOLLLLL im done, case closed. N!gga got 97th Co18 Out.

The treacherous blasphemy exposed.

Last edited:

OverLade

Smash Hero
Brief intermission to remind everyone here that Dew is actually trashsauce. Dude got 9th in one of the weakest regions in FL? Meanwhile I just beat everyone in Orlando on Tuesday? CMON SON. PLEASE DUCK ME ON THIS BEEF IT'S NOT WORTH.

Attachments

CO18

Smash Hero
Lmao the pic killed me. Mind as well change the name of this thread to... Got Beef? Bring it here.

KingJames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KingJames95
3DS FC
4270-1781-8413
A lot of people have never seen my d3 , I watched many d3 videos on YouTube imo my d3 atleast top 3 in the us. I will be attending bh5 hoping to make it really far.

PWNAGEPOLICE

Smash Cadet
NNID
WellWisherELF
Myself (Gunblade), Atomsk, and Vex are the best DDDs imo. When it comes to tournament results I personally have wins over Zucco (megaman), Angel Cortes (diddy), and Snakeee (rosa) 3 very good and known players. I also money matched the guy who beat Jdawg at smash con and 2-0 him. haha.
I don't think the transitive property can be applied to Smash (e.g., you not being automatically better than Jdawg just because you beat me), nor do I believe that Dedede dittos are an accurate assessment of who the better player is; the ditto matchup is EXTREMELY volatile. That being said, I do believe your dedede is top 5.

Also, the $2 MM was a glorified friendly and mainly an excuse to kick out the person you were playing beforehand :)))

In general, though, we need more top players to stick with Dedede to help advance the character, rather than take the easy way out by switching to top tiers.

Last edited:

D3UberD3

Smash Cadet
Hi i'm from BC and in the same region as BigD. We both use dedede, but we don't solo main him(although I probably will in due time). BigD is in my opinion the best dedede. His evo placement shows

CO18

Smash Hero
lol this is such a moot thread. Not only has no one actually did anything in any recent time period that is very notable, most good ddd's aren't even solo maining him.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I dunno, I just was trying to find the names that were relevant with the character and just try to learn from the best. Found a lot of names I wasn't aware of so the thread worked out for me.

CO18

Smash Hero
I dunno, I just was trying to find the names that were relevant with the character and just try to learn from the best. Found a lot of names I wasn't aware of so the thread worked out for me.
True well that's good, I meant just all these posts about who beating who/ who is best when like the best d3 performance to date is 65th at a major.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
True well that's good, I meant just all these posts about who beating who/ who is best when like the best d3 performance to date is 65th at a major.

Right. I get that. And even though at face value 65th doesn't seem like much that's out of a very large number. For D3 being in as bad a spot as he is in the meta that's pretty impressive in my opinion. Though again this isn't 'exactly' to find the single best player, but more so to discuss who might be the single best and looking at a pool of players that do well.

Plus I mean come on that was hilarious when you Gunblade and Snakeee went ham on this thread lol

Last edited:

D3UberD3

Smash Cadet
I'd like to think that people will be able to solo main dedede, but its rather difficult. The dedede player always has to be the better player... its just like when ddds fought unwinnables like mk and ics in brawl(it was possible to win if you were straight up better), but in this game ddd has a lot more mus not in his favor. He wrecked half the cast of brawl with one strategy, but in this game he needs to be on point even in the uncommon mus f.e. ike or something.

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
I'd like to think that people will be able to solo main dedede, but its rather difficult. The dedede player always has to be the better player... its just like when ddds fought unwinnables like mk and ics in brawl(it was possible to win if you were straight up better), but in this game ddd has a lot more mus not in his favor. He wrecked half the cast of brawl with one strategy, but in this game he needs to be on point even in the uncommon mus f.e. ike or something.
I hate to be this guy in the forums but we're probably not going to see anyone solo maining D3 successfully until he gets some serious buffs.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
Yeah in speaking with Vex and Atomsk at SKTAR, they both said they were gunna drop DDD. They said he isnt good at all and he is holding them back. rip.

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
Jdawg and Shrooby are contenders for best currently imo, They also both have secondaries they use for some MU's. Gunblade could be the best, and Atomisk/Vex dropped him from what I'm hearing but they were probaby top 2.

Last edited:

CO18

Smash Hero
Im keeping myself out of this for now but I've been secretly training on the low and have some surprises soon but Ive been watching everyone and from an objective view of vids and also probably from results, El Bardo is doing the best. Can't dismiss him just because he's in another country. He won 2 recent tourneys and is 4th/5th overall in entire country of spain, meanwhile everyone that is being mentioned isn't even ranked in their regions from what I know.
I watched Sktar and Im not sure how well atomsk's style fits with ddd in this game

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Jdawg and Shrooby are contenders for best currently imo, They also both have secondaries they use for some MU's. Gunblade could be the best, and Atomisk/Vex dropped him from what I'm hearing but they were probaby top 2.
lol no I'm not. I've only been going to tournies for like two months.
I made one upset in bracket awhile ago and that's basically it.

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
Yeah in speaking with Vex and Atomsk at SKTAR, they both said they were gunna drop DDD. They said he isnt good at all and he is holding them back. rip.
I say that literally every week but I still find myself playing the character. Something about the King man... I don't feel like I'm playing Smash unless I'm playing as him.

Im keeping myself out of this for now but I've been secretly training on the low and have some surprises soon but Ive been watching everyone and from an objective view of vids and also probably from results, El Bardo is doing the best. Can't dismiss him just because he's in another country. He won 2 recent tourneys and is 4th/5th overall in entire country of spain, meanwhile everyone that is being mentioned isn't even ranked in their regions from what I know.
I watched Sktar and Im not sure how well atomsk's style fits with ddd in this game
I agree, objectively El_Bardo is the one that's getting the most results. I don't know how strong Spain is, but a 1st place is a 1st place no matter how you slice it.

D3UberD3

Smash Cadet
I will never drop DDD. I usually use other characters more, but DDD has his place in my repertoire. DDD is a noob stomper, pivot counter pick and a value pick versus non-seasoned sheiks(honestly this is a good reason to use him and not get frauded out by muh sheiks). I like the fact a lot of people don't know the DDD matchup so you can sometimes close a set using him round 3 or something.

I have tons of respect for solo DDD mains who actually place in the $ in their regions though. kudos

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
I think I could have a solid run for fifth, sixth, or seventh. Just look at this high-level play of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHuXZm9u5CM
I need to get more tournament experience before I can defend that though. And for first, I would say Bardo takes the cake followed by JDawg followed Shrooby and Smooth followed miscellaneous members. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other names too...

Last edited:
i'll make a case for myself being top 5. I'm least being a PR'd player in my region with primarily DDD only picking up luigi recently. I've never placed outside of top 5 in a tourney in this state, consistant 2nd to the number 2 player (Played with Hunger and grimace. and it grimace's little brother) at tourneys in my region of the state.
WI Wii U PR with city.png

Last edited:

CO18

Smash Hero
I knew I'd forget some people. Throw Big D right below JDawg on my list.
No disrespect to Jdawg but there's no way Big D would be under him lol. Big D can def say hes #1 now after his paragon performance. Big D is also #1 in his region. Big D also beat seagull joe who is 1st/2nd in Jdawgs region.
Getting 17th at a national especially one of that caliber is very difficult trust me lol.

Last edited:

Girthquake

Smash Journeyman
NNID
R0cco_Siffredi
This thread has given me so many names to watch and study. Really thanks to all you guys who have spoken up I've learned and applied a ton since I first started this thread.

I only wish Atomsk wouldn't have dropped DDD. Guy was my hero since the Brawl days. Though I'm very excited to watch El Bardo and Big D play. Someone ranked 5th on the PR here in Washington told me that Big D comes down to compete in northern Washington so there's a chance I might actually get to see him play in person one of these days.

Just again, all of you thanks. I know this thread seems like a pointless circle jerk but I've really learned so much about the character by watching the top players that play him.

Last edited:

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
There's just so many things that I just feel unrewarded from with DDD in this game. Like I'll still probably fall back on him in some matchups, but I feel like I have a better grasp on the Marios, Mac and Ike in this game then other characters. I don't hate playing as DDD, but I just feel stupid playing him when i struggle vs characters I know I could man handle with like Ike.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
i'll make a case for myself being top 5. I'm least being a PR'd player in my region with primarily DDD only picking up luigi recently. I've never placed outside of top 5 in a tourney in this state, consistant 2nd to the number 2 player (Played with Hunger and grimace. and it grimace's little brother) at tourneys in my region of the state.View attachment 73389
That's a pretty unique PR, especially for statewide play... Zelda, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf?? How often do tournaments get recorded of your players? I'd love to see people do stuff and do it well with all these guys!

Anyway, I really hope I'm nowhere near to being the best Dedede out there. I'm not even in the top 10 in my state yet, so it would be pretty sad to see that the best Dedede can't even do stuff in his own state. But I remain convinced that Big D is the best. No one can match his placings.
Now if only we could actually get the guy on stream... :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom