• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The best in each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Well, I was against creating this thread but I eventually gave in. I really need the opinion of the community on this, because I need many opinions, and from the most experienced players I can gather.

The idea is basically finding out who has the best of each fighting aspect of Brawl. Who has the best jab, the best f-tilt, the best Nair, etc.

Why, you say? Well, first of all, I think this discussion could be useful knowledge-wise. It would be even better if we were to make a proper listing. Also, these aspects aren't exactly quantifiable, unlike weight, jump height, grab lenght, etc. They need to be analysed each in various ways.

Also, I believe this knowledge could be useable by the modding community.

So, who do you think is the best in each? I'll be editing the OP as we gather data.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but I might need extra space.

Also, I'll use the post to start with my own opinions.

Up-B: There are various good recovery moves in the Brawl cast, but I believe it's a pretty obvious choice.
MetaKnight's recovery not only is a move with strong KO potential, it also leaves the user in a glide. It's both a great manouver move and a great attacking move. Other good Up-B move is ROB's (who doesn't have special fall).

Neutral Special (B): Yeah, I know you have the urge to scream "TORNADO!!11!1". But you must remember that the cast has various excellent examples of this which is the most spammable command of Smash Bros. Visualize, along the tornado, Falco's blaster. Also ROB's Laser. Some would say Kirby's Inhale, as it can clone them all, but is it reliable enough?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Well, I'd say it's a matter of comparison... some can be taken out right away - obviously, Warlock Punch or PK Blast aren't the best of the Neutral Specials as they're too situational and abusing them results in being heavily punished.

But some moves need more arguing... for example, ROB's laser has good range and can be both angled and used while jumping. It can't really be spammed because it needs a small charge. Falco's blaster also has good range, can also be used while jumping, but, while it can't be angled, it's much faster, much more spammable. So, overall, is it better to have a move that has a wider reach (combining jump+angles) or a move that's more spammable?

Well, those are still low depth analysis, since I don't main those characters, that's why I need other opinions.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Then again, each move that would be discussed could also be entirely related to said characters moveset/playstyle. Such as, you could say that MK's uair is the best, but then someone would say that mario's uair is better. It all depends on the moveset and playstyle imo.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
There's where experience and data would be useful. MK's uair hitbox may come some frames faster, or Mario's have a larger hitbox, or any of both would reduce knockback momentum more. It's really a matter of analysis.

And that analysis isn't really character moveset/playstyle related, instead, it's a comparative analysis of multiple aspects of the same move between the characters, like Mario's Uair and MK's Uair.

4nace

Smash Ace
Well this is really hard to say because lots are situational and only good because they compliment the moveset. But just for the hell of it, I will make a list with one entry in each.

Jab Single - Ike
Jab Combo - Snake
Forward Tilt - Snake
Down Tilt - Meta Knight
Up Tilt - Snake
Dash Attack - ZSS
Forward Smash - Lucas
Down Smash - Meta Knight
Up Smash - Fox
Neutral Air - Luigi
Down Air - Lucario
Up Air - Sonic
Forward Air - Squirtle
Forward Throw - Pikachu
Down Throw - King DDD
Up Throw - Meta Knight
Back Throw - Ness
Neutral Special - Meta Knight
Down Special -T - Zelda (muwahaha) and Peach
Forward Special - Falco
Up Special - Meta Knight
Get Up Attack - C.Falc
Edge Attack ( < 100) - Donkey Kong
Edge Attack ( > 100) - Wolf
Grab - Olimar
Dash Grab - Meta Knight
Pivot Grab - T- Olimar and Yoshi
Pummel - Wolf
Glide Toss - Sonic
Boost Smash - Snake
Boost Pivot Grab - Falco

Okay so some of these might not make sense, but its all my opinion. Hopefully you get more people submitting their ideas as well.

-4nace

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Seeing as this is involving more of the technical aspect of Brawl, I am going to refer you to check this thread: The Brawl Competitive Discussion, Advice & Resources Thread. The Smash Lab regularly looks into technical data for all characters and would be able to help you out.

Your best bet would be to post in the thread I have linked you first to help find the information you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom