• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bayonetta and Corrin Thread! Predictions, Observations, Matchup, and Discussion!

Who Do You Think Wins The Matchup?

• Total voters

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
From when I post this, these DLC characters are coming tomorrow or in a few days depending where you live, and are the last ones we're supposed to receive!!

In this thread, Predictions, Observations, Matchup, and generally most discussion relating to Jigglypuff is the theme, though I'm fine with a little open discussion as well!

A little early for this for some, but first discussions are always great, even if not completely accurate in the first few days/weeks.

Have Fun!! Be nice, and let's actually discuss here unlike the Cloud thread... (:

POLL SHOULD NOT BY ANY MEANS BE USED UNTIL YOU HAVE A STRONG PERSONAL VERDICT! I POSTED IT SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO ADD IT LATER!

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Super pre-emptive prediction: Bodied by Corrin(that land lag is non-existent) even match-up with Bayonetta, she seems to rely on reads and openings about as much as we do and since she is a combo based character her individual attacks will more than likely have very low priority, we can duck under her neutral b, but she can still use weak shots to hit us(Rest opportunity if baited?) going to come back and edit this after having some actual experience.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Same, I think she will struggle to aproach Corrin, so I think it would be a bad MU, but not for much.

In Bayonetta's case, I think it would be easy for Puff to escape her aerial combos and then take advantage of her ending lag to land a rest.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Corrin is going to be an absolute chore for puff. Bayo will be either even, or slightly in puffs favor I believe. Leaning more even.

Edit:: Course with bayo, it does come down to how exactly Bat Within works, since Nairo confirmed it protects her on dodge/roll/shield during the frames where you aren't protected. Will make punishing airdodges/rolls hard. We'll still get some of the damage, but no knockback. Which means we'll have to straight up punish her laggy moves and bad play.

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I don't know a lot about Bayonetta, but I believe Corrin will be one of those MUs where we can easily win if we take advantage of something small, but in Neutral and such we lose.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I have no clue about Bayonetta, but I definitely agree with the consensus that Corrin's range will probably tilt the match-up in his favor, Jigglypuff struggles against characters with range, whether or not the match-up is good or bad for us is yet to be seen though.

I wonder, do you guys think it's possible that Jigglypuff's attacks will get some sort of bonus when hitting Corrin when he's partially and/or fully transformed into a dragon since Fairy>Dragon?

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
I wonder, do you guys think it's possible that Jigglypuff's attacks will get some sort of bonus when hitting Corrin when he's partially and/or fully transformed into a dragon since Fairy>Dragon?
Lol I hope.

Btw, now that I think about it better, maybe Bayonetta won't be a pretty favorable MU because she can deal damage really fast, and even if she doesn't have many kill setups, Jigglypuffs lightness will make it easier for her to make a finishing u-air...

Idk, I'll stick with even or a just a little bit to Bayonetta's favor.

Edit: I only hope she gets somehow buffed to see if she can turn around the predictions D:

#Pray4JigglyBuffs

Last edited:

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Lol I hope.

Btw, now that I think about it better, maybe Bayonetta won't be a pretty favorable MU because she can deal damage really fast, and even if she doesn't have many kill setups, Jigglypuffs lightness will make it easier for her to make a finishing u-air...

Idk, I'll stick with even or a just a little bit to Bayonetta's favor.
bayonetta's problem is her moves all have sizeable startup lag. And just remember, Sheik can deal out damage fast too, but struggles to land a finishing hit on puff because she's too light to combo effectively. That could very well work against Bayonetta too, who is entirely based around combos.

The real problems from Bayonetta will likely come from Bat Within and properly used Witch Time, as puff -should- be able to either evade Bayo's killing attacks, or hit her first before the hurtbox comes out.

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
bayonetta's problem is her moves all have sizeable startup lag. And just remember, Sheik can deal out damage fast too, but struggles to land a finishing hit on puff because she's too light to combo effectively. That could very well work against Bayonetta too, who is entirely based around combos.
Yup, but either way Sheik still wins the MU. I hope Bayonetta is different.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
Yup, but either way Sheik still wins the MU. I hope Bayonetta is different.
There are actually a lot of people that are finding the sheik MU fairly even, and that even if sheik does win the MU, it's not by much. The main difference between Sheik and Bayo though, Sheik's attacks come out fast.

::edit:: But of course, discusing thoughts on the sheik MU are better saved for another place. She just makes a fairly decent comparison for bayo.

:Edit: So after playing Bayonetta vs Puff, and Puff vs Bayonetta, Fair beats bayo's smashes xD

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
This Bayonetta matchup is killing me. Such a stupid broken ****in' character. Anyone got any tips yet? It seems hopeless, I think I'll just wait for another patch.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
This Bayonetta matchup is killing me. Such a stupid broken ****in' character. Anyone got any tips yet? It seems hopeless, I think I'll just wait for another patch.
Believe in yourself, your edgeguards, your ducking, and the rest as they will never fail you. her smashes have little priority our normal attacks go right through them(like a b0sS) when you think she may use witch time either b8 it out or f-air that crap(long lingering hitboxes ftw) push her in a corner to b8 out a roll or spot dodge in order to rest her(or jump over her smashes to hers her too) I hope this helps P.ZestyN withthatlittlesquiggleontopoftheN

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
I wonder if it could be possible to rest her between her aerial combos??? Like out of a Witch Twist (having high percentage of course) that would be a good punish.

Edit'd (?):

For reference on Bayo MU:

http://youtu.be/6VgMVJAXxrM

Last edited:

Zeepington

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeeper
  • During Witch Time, even her full smash attack can't stop Puff's Super Armor on the Nair. Continue towards her if you're close.
  • As Bayo recovers, the common recovery strategy is the side b. Go a bit lower and start comboing (or even finish her) with the up air.
  • If Bayo rolls behind you, go for the up tilt. Around 120%, she should be finished.
  • If she fails her smash attack, that's PLENTY ROOM to go for the sing and/or the rest.
  • Common Puff strats.
C'mon, guys. Puff isn't hard to play, nor is she weak.

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Nair doesn't have superarmor at all, it just has multiple active hitboxes. If she hits you with more than one attack you'll get knocked out of it, which she has ample time to do.
Hitting her with upair offstage shouldn't really lead to anything and at worst you're just helping her recover.
Why would Bayo roll behind you ever.
You mainly have room to punish if you airdodge in or roll in or maybe if it whiffs entirely. Dash attacking through it and landing near Bayo might be fine too. But its range is good enough that you shouldn't have time to run up and Rest when shielded.

So far I've done fine against Bayo but this advice just seems kinda weird.

Zeepington

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeeper
>"move towards her"
>bayo gets screwed at high-percentages so puff's up air can be a good way to send bayo upwards if she even has the mistake of going too high
>don't go ahead and tell me everyone is smart
>if you're close of course

Still, Puff remains severely underrated, or everyone I play against is **** at handling Jigglypuff.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
>"move towards her"
>bayo gets screwed at high-percentages so puff's up air can be a good way to send bayo upwards if she even has the mistake of going too high
>don't go ahead and tell me everyone is smart
>if you're close of course

Still, Puff remains severely underrated, or everyone I play against is **** at handling Jigglypuff.
>In slow motion movement is not really a factor
>Honestly pound would be better for sending her upwards
>This is assuming the opponent IS smart
>A good Bayo would U-smash if you're THAT close to her...or not use a smash at all

If you're on For Glory then yes most puffs are pretty mediocre there. Try Anthlers ladder instead

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Just got absolutely DESTROYED at a tournament today against 3 Bayonettas...

How do you go about gimping her? I tried my best to do so but her Side B isn't easy to intercept. It has a lot of priority and always out-traded my Fair/Nair.

Does Jigglypuff have a way to avoid or punish combos she starts off her her divekick side B?! I got carried to the top and Up Air'd horrendously early. It made me realize I have no clue how the hell to go about playing against her as Puff. Someone mentioned that she can be rested during her Side B, but that seems extremely anecdotal just based off that one time CrazyCuban dropped shield into rest because she didn't space it well...it hits multiple times and is really hard to do.

So pound's hitbox will stay out for the majority of Witch-time? This wasn't my main problem, but I did finally lose to it after becoming so frustrated and desperate to apply any damage at all without getting juggled straight to the pearly gates.

Top Bottom