• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bane of any Oni's existence: Demuncher for Smash!

AutismSpeaker

Smash Rookie

(Image taken from yokaiwatchworld.net)

I'm surprised to see very few threads for Yo-kai Watch reps, so here's my unusual pick for a hypothetical newcomer - Demuncher!

Making his debut in Yo-kai Watch 2, Demuncher is an S-rank, Earth-attribute Yo-kai from the Brave tribe. He is capable of swallowing monsters and even larger Oni whole, but he's also said to have terrible indigestion. Demuncher is also a pupil of the battle-hardened Master Nyada, whom he holds in high regard. Of course, that doesn't mean he goes easy on his opponents!

Demuncher could be an interesting DLC fighter for Smash Ultimate. While not a super-heavyweight, Demuncher would still hold his own for a reasonable amount of damage. His A-button attacks and throws might not be too special, but I do have ideas for how his Special Moves could work...

Shudder (Neutral Special): Demuncher charges up powerful Earth-element magic, and can walk while charging (but can't jump). Depending on how long he charges the move, he'll unleash a weak rain of pebbles, a burying meteor, or a strong series of launching stalagmites.

Muncher Maelstrom (Side Special): Demuncher rolls around like a ball, similar to Yoshi's Egg Roll move. He can't roll as long as Yoshi, but this attack deals more damage and provides light armor for the duration of the move.

Demon Drop (Up Special): Demuncher leaps up high before he comes crashing back down in a ground pound-like attack. Does not provide armor.

Demon's Delight (Down Special): Demuncher charges up a bad breath attack, and can walk while charging (but can't jump). Once released, he unleashes foul breath on anyone in his way, causing a damaging flower to sprout on the foe's head. At full charge, this can even leave the victim dizzy.

Open Wide (Final Smash): Demuncher chomps down on a nearby opponent. An instant KO regardless of damage, but can only target one foe.

I realize this is VERY unlikely to happen, but if it ever does, Demuncher could give even true gluttons like Kirby a hard time. Thoughts?

Top Bottom