• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
User was warned for this post
I think Sakurai would try to recreate the appearance he had on his original PlayStation box art renders, except with a substantially more expressive and cartoony face, like he gave to Sonic and Dedede.

Also, if Crash gets in, there has to be a stipulation that whenever he wins a team battle, him and all his teammates have to do the Crash victory. dance. Doesn't matter who they are. Cloud, Ike, Mario, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong... all of them have to do t he dance if they're on the same team as him.

But also, try to keep in mind that Crash had a slightly different appearance in Japan than he did in the states. For instance, he had no irises, and his pupils were Pac-Man eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
Also, if Crash gets in, there has to be a stipulation that whenever he wins a team battle, him and all his teammates have to do the Crash victory. dance. Doesn't matter who they are. Cloud, Ike, Mario, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong... all of them have to do t he dance if they're on the same team as him.
Mr. G&W tho
I want to see that

D

Deleted member

I support, however I don't even know what developer owns them at this point.
Activision currently owns the rights to Crash, though they're responsible for publishing the N. Sane Trilogy while Vicarious Visions are the ones developing it.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Anyone seen what they did with the Un-Bearable level?

It's beautiful. I am so hyped for this game oh my lordy lord. The polar bear even looks so cartoony still.

Even the rocket levels are looking nice.

You bet I'm ready to rock it next month.
Man this game is pretty. Shame the final boss is still going to be terrible. where is the 3 gameplay. It was my favorite by a mile

Where is the switch port! never gonna happen lol

I actually wouldnt mind a space station being one of the stages for Crash now that I think about it. Not really sure how to make it interesting other than maybe having a few launch pads that jet packs could spawn at.

PsychoJosh

So I have an uncle who's a huge FF and Zelda fanboy and I was out with him last night. He said he's perplexed by why people want Crash in Smash.

He doesn't think Crash has the "timelessness" of mascots like Sonic and Mario, because to him, Crash is just the tazmanian devil, but with pants.

I mean, I defended Crash, of course, but in a way I sort of see his point. However, I think Crash is meant to be a tribute to zany western cartoon characters of the 40s, and in a sense, that is timeless as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I have an uncle who's a huge FF and Zelda fanboy and I was out with him last night. He said he's perplexed by why people want Crash in Smash.

He doesn't think Crash has the "timelessness" of mascots like Sonic and Mario, because to him, Crash is just the tazmanian devil, but with pants.

I mean, I defended Crash, of course, but in a way I sort of see his point. However, I think Crash is meant to be a tribute to zany western cartoon characters of the 40s, and in a sense, that is timeless as well.
While I agree that he isn't AS timeless as Mario and Sonic, I think the fact that there was as much rejoicing as there was when his revival was announced shows that Crash is still an icon.

And I think that's what makes Crash great as well. He's basically a Looney Tunes character. :p That sort of zaniness is something that could work well on the roster, I think.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Crash Bandicoot uploaded a new clipshow of several fan favorite bosses.

I can't say that I'm not impression by these visual updates. All of them are so full of life, even Ripper Roo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I can't say that I'm not impression by these visual updates. All of them are so full of life, even Ripper Roo.
A lot of the new voices sound good, but it will take a while to get used to Ripper Roo's new voice.

Sure they can't use the original's stock laugh (which was from a Disney movie to begin with), but he just doesn't sound insane enough here.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

A lot of the new voices sound good, but it will take a while to get used to Ripper Roo's new voice.

Sure they can't use the original's stock laugh (which was from a Disney movie to begin with), but he just doesn't sound insane enough here.
Majority of these guys (Ripper included) are voiced by Jess Harnell, BTW. So...**** YEAH. I'm practically sold here.

Pinstripe would make a great AT. . .ok maybe im biased. Tiny would probably be chosen, especially because he doesnt use a gun lol

Dingodile is the real best choice for an AT though

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
OK, so my love for Crash Bandicoot has led me to cook up a moveset for him and I'm really excited to show it, little by little. If I may, I'd like to present to ya'll Crash's.....

Up Tilt: Death Tornado Punch

Crash swings his arm upward and then spins it wildly above him, while the rest of his body remains balanced and stationary. Those that are hit by this move receive multiple hits until the attack ends and are lifted slightly higher to the tip of the tornado, but not high enough to escape.

The duration of this move lasts exactly as long as a regular spin from him--about 2 seconds, which is how long his regular spin is in his Naughty Dog games--but it doesn't knock foes away and simply stirs them around as it nudges them upward while damaging them. The name of the attack is meant to distinguish it from his Neutral Special, which of course is high on knockback when used on the ground and has the same duration, but doesn't rack up damage. Since foes are pushed upward ever so slightly while being hit with this, the Death Tornado Punch is a good setup for Crash's Up Smash, which explains why his other fist is clenched as if ready to strike.

Overall, Crash is a silly but dangerous fighter in my moveset. Not as erratic as Ripper Roo but still an energetic combatant.

EDIT: This is inspired by Crash 2's Diggin' It and Bee-Having levels, where Crash would attack bees by sticking his hand out of the ground and spin them away.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We now have some footage of the newly updated Crash Bandicoot Warped. However, one thing still bothers me about the remakes...

Whenever players acquire gems at certain areas, they intentionally kill themselves. I feel like if you do that, you should lose any gems or crystals that you've picked up at the level, IF you did not activate a checkpoint after acquiring them.

Besides, when you look at the New Super Mario Bros. titles, any Star Coins that you pick up after passing a checkpoint will be lost if you lose any lives.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
We now have some footage of the newly updated Crash Bandicoot Warped. However, one thing still bothers me about the remakes...

Whenever players acquire gems at certain areas, they intentionally kill themselves. I feel like if you do that, you should lose any gems or crystals that you've picked up at the level, IF you did not activate a checkpoint after acquiring them.

Besides, when you look at the New Super Mario Bros. titles, any Star Coins that you pick up after passing a checkpoint will be lost if you lose any lives.
Yea but that was true in the originals too. There was one level in Crash 2 where you couldn't touch any crate to get a secret gem, and once you reach the end, you could complete the stage or just kill yourself so that you have it, and then smash every crate on your way through the level since you'll respawn at the start. You can't get a checkpoint if you want that gem, because doing it would mean you broke a crate open. You'd have gone through the level once and exited with a Crystal and the gems. 3 birds with one stone.

I'd rather it be this way TBH. Some of the secret routes are dead ends in the sense that you have to beat the level through the secret endpoint once you've taken those paths, unless you kill yourself. If you want to get everything in a level so that you don't have to come back to it, this is the best option. On levels with 2 gems, you can't really commit to 1 path without ignoring the other which means you'll be returning to the level and that might be tedious for some, and what's even better is that this is all optional; if you wanna get everything in one shot you can, otherwise just pick a path and come back later.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yea but that was true in the originals too. There was one level in Crash 2 where you couldn't touch any crate to get a secret gem, and once you reach the end, you could complete the stage or just kill yourself so that you have it, and then smash every crate on your way through the level since you'll respawn at the start. You can't get a checkpoint if you want that gem, because doing it would mean you broke a crate open. You'd have gone through the level once and exited with a Crystal and the gems. 3 birds with one stone.

I'd rather it be this way TBH. Some of the secret routes are dead ends in the sense that you have to beat the level through the secret endpoint once you've taken those paths, unless you kill yourself. If you want to get everything in a level so that you don't have to come back to it, this is the best option. On levels with 2 gems, you can't really commit to 1 path without ignoring the other which means you'll be returning to the level and that might be tedious for some, and what's even better is that this is all optional; if you wanna get everything in one shot you can, otherwise just pick a path and come back later.
Still, the idea is that once you've acquired a gem and/or crystal, you either have to clear the level OR activate a checkpoint to keep it. If you intentionally kill yourself without doing either of those things, you should be punished in that you'd lose the gem and/or crystal that you picked up, and you'd have to recollect it again.

This is something that should've been implemented, especially in the case of the Crash 2 level, Bee-Having, where in the hidden route, you'd acquire the Purple Gem at the beginning, instead of at the end of the hidden route. By penalizing players who intentionally kill themselves, you'd basically have to complete the whole hidden route if you want to maintain possession of the Purple Gem. If you activate a checkpoint after picking up the Purple Gem, however, then you will no longer lose the Purple Gem upon losing a life.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Still, the idea is that once you've acquired a gem and/or crystal, you either have to clear the level OR activate a checkpoint to keep it. If you intentionally kill yourself without doing either of those things, you should be punished in that you'd lose the gem and/or crystal that you picked up, and you'd have to recollect it again.

This is something that should've been implemented, especially in the case of the Crash 2 level, Bee-Having, where in the hidden route, you'd acquire the Purple Gem at the beginning, instead of at the end of the hidden route. By penalizing players who intentionally kill themselves, you'd basically have to complete the whole hidden route if you want to maintain possession of the Purple Gem. If you activate a checkpoint after picking up the Purple Gem, however, then you will no longer lose the Purple Gem upon losing a life.
I still think it's more efficient as is. There's some levels where you'll have no choice but to finish on the hidden path if you don't die and others that return you to where the path splits. It's optional to continue on those paths as well, so if we wanna finish on them and come back for the rest of the items we can, but if we wanna get everything in one go we're free to do that too. Having the items linked to our checkpoints is gonna limit our options and basically extend how long it takes to 100% the game, but for a minor reason/technicality.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the current system is fine. Changing it would just make it more tedious.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think the current system is fine. Changing it would just make it more tedious.
I guess I just think that it makes more sense, since last I've checked, the New Super Mario Bros. titles don't let you keep any of your collected Star Coins at a course whenever you lose a life, unless you've passed a checkpoint after acquiring them. And some of the Star Coins are located at the secret exit routes as well, so you basically have no choice but to play that specific course more than once to get all the Star Coins.

Anyway, on different subject, whenever I compare the original games to the remakes, I often seem to find comments that talk trash about the remakes. I get that the remakes aren't exactly like the originals, but at least the voice actors are more consistent, and the characters have more expressions as well; one example includes Uka Uka, where he actually reacts to Cortex while he's talking in the following video.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I guess I just think that it makes more sense, since last I've checked, the New Super Mario Bros. titles don't let you keep any of your collected Star Coins at a course whenever you lose a life, unless you've passed a checkpoint after acquiring them. And some of the Star Coins are located at the secret exit routes as well, so you basically have no choice but to play that specific course more than once to get all the Star Coins.

Anyway, on different subject, whenever I compare the original games to the remakes, I often seem to find comments that talk trash about the remakes. I get that the remakes aren't exactly like the originals, but at least the voice actors are more consistent, and the characters have more expressions as well; one example includes Uka Uka, where he actually reacts to Cortex while he's talking in the following video.

TBH I was afraid the remake wouldn't fully capture Crash's charm and look from back in the day, but I never had a problem with N.Sane's cutscenes. They all look amazing and the additions they added just made it better. In the beginning I wasn't 100% down with how the levels looked--just around 80%--but I think they've listened to the constructive criticism and just kept improving, so now I'm actually hyped about this game, and now I'm dismissing the trash talking. Some of the complaints were valid but they've been addressed so the ones who are still going on are just sounding like noise to me.

About the voices, I've never really said this before, but I prefer the current N. Brio's voice. It's interesting because Cortex is based on The Brain from Pinky and The Brain (his name itself is a reference to it) and Brio's current VA is the voice of Brain, but he's playing the role of Pinky in Crash. That's pretty meta.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To nobody's surprise, the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will have a Japanese release. Except they will receive the game two months later than we do.

Which reminds me, how many weeks we have until the game's release?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To nobody's surprise, the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will have a Japanese release. Except they will receive the game two months later than we do.

Activision has so much faith in the franchise that it's starting to have complete international releases again since Mind Over Mutant. I like where this is going.

Although I wonder how embarrassingly cringy reboot Tiny's voice would have been if Titans had a Japanese dub. But imagining it now, it's honestly for the best that it didn't happen.

D

Deleted member

I was wondering about a Japanese release since the collection was announced, because the more recent games in the series starting with Crash of the Titans didn't get released in Japan. Good to know.

We have less than four weeks until the North American release, by the way.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know what I think's gonna happen? At Sony's E3 they'll go on about how much Crash means to them and yadda yadda while Crash dances up on the big screen when suddenly, the blades of Chaos fly across the screen, Crash ducking them just in time.

PlayStarion All Stars 2: Now with actual all stars!

Activison: Crash Bandicoot & Spyro
Square Enix: Lara Croft and Final Fantasy character (Cloud, Squall or... *groan* Lightning) [A lot of FF protags are named after weather for some reason.]
Capcom: the good Dante & Street Fighter character

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
You know what I think's gonna happen? At Sony's E3 they'll go on about how much Crash means to them and yadda yadda while Crash dances up on the big screen when suddenly, the blades of Chaos fly across the screen, Crash ducking them just in time.

PlayStarion All Stars 2: Now with actual all stars!

Activison: Crash Bandicoot & Spyro
Square Enix: Lara Croft and Final Fantasy character (Cloud, Squall or... *groan* Lightning) [A lot of FF protags are named after weather for some reason.]
Capcom: the good Dante & Street Fighter character
I'm actually hoping PSASBR2 (or just another try at the idea with a better name :p) does eventually happen. I actually had some hopes for the original and got it close to day one. I still had some fun with it at the start, and I still bothered to get some of the DLC like Kat and Graves, but I just couldn't get into it. A complete overhaul of mechanics and an actual all-star roster is definitely what I'd like to see as well.

Spur of the moment PlayStation All-Star ideas. I listed a bunch of characters with the rules of:
  1. No more than two characters per franchise.
  2. No more than three characters per third party.
  3. No more than one character per third party franchise.
  4. No overlap with third party characters in Smash Bros.

First Party - There are a decent number of choices that aren't necessarily big icons, but Sony doesn't have too many of those in the first place.
  • Cole MacGrath (inFamous)
  • Sly Cooper (<)
  • Murray or Carmelita (Sly Cooper)
  • Jak & Daxter (<)
  • Ratchet & Clank (<)
  • Dr. Nefarious (^)
  • Kat (Gravity Rush)
  • Raven (Gravity Rush)
  • PaRappa (the Rapper)
  • Lammy (UmJammer Lammy)
  • Toro (PlayStation brand mascot)
  • Kuro (PlayStation brand mascot)
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
  • Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
  • Kratos (God of War)
  • Spike (Ape Escape)
  • Sackboy (Little Big Planet)
  • Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
  • Dart (The Legend of Dragoon)
  • Rudy (Wild Arms)
  • Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
  • Colonel Radec (Killzone)
Third Parties - Due to Sony's general lack of true all-stars they'd kind of need to be heavily reliant on associated third party titles.

Activision
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Call of Duty rep; originally I thought about it as a joke, but it is a massive franchise so perhaps they could make something work. As for who, perhaps someone from Zombies as that's a popular/ongoing thing throughout the series.
Bandai Namco
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  • Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
  • Tales of rep - Don't know enough about the series to say who would be a good fit.
Capcom
  • Akuma (Street Fighter)
  • Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)
  • Dante (Devil May Cry) - The classic version please. No more DmC Dante.
Square Enix
  • Lightning (Final Fantasy)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  • Gex (<)
Sega
  • Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
  • Yakuza rep - I know nothing about the series, but it's one of their biggest from my understanding.
  • Persona rep - As for which character in particular, I think it comes down to the protagonists of Persona 4 and 5. P4 has been quite popular and received numerous games throughout the years, but P5 is looking to be quite big as well and it's more than likely going to be supported in the same way.
Konami
  • Raiden or Naked Snake/Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) - People like Raiden so he could stay, but Solid Snake and Big Boss are different people so another Snake albeit a different version could be included while still preventing overlap between PlayStation-All Stars and Smash Bros.
  • Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
  • Alucard (Castlevania)
NetherRealm
  • Scorpion or Sub Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Ubisoft
  • Ezio (Assassin's Creed)
Bethesda
  • Dovahkiin (The Elder Scrolls)
  • Doom Guy/Marine

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm actually hoping PSASBR2 (or just another try at the idea with a better name :p) does eventually happen. I actually had some hopes for the original and got it close to day one. I still had some fun with it at the start, and I still bothered to get some of the DLC like Kat and Graves, but I just couldn't get into it. A complete overhaul of mechanics and an actual all-star roster is definitely what I'd like to see as well.

Spur of the moment PlayStation All-Star ideas. I listed a bunch of characters with the rules of:

First Party - There are a decent number of choices that aren't necessarily big icons, but Sony doesn't have too many of those in the first place.
  • Sly Cooper (<)
  • Jak & Daxter (<)
  • Ratchet & Clank (<)
  • Dr. Nefarious (^)
  • Kat (Gravity Rush)
  • Raven (Gravity Rush)
  • PaRappa (the Rapper)
  • Lammy (UmJammer Lammy)
  • Kratos (God of War)
  • Spike (Ape Escape)
  • Rudy (Wild Arms)
Third Parties - Due to Sony's general lack of true all-stars they'd kind of need to be heavily reliant on associated third party titles.

Activision
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Call of Duty rep; originally I thought about it as a joke, but it is a massive franchise so perhaps they could make something work. As for who, perhaps someone from Zombies as that's a popular/ongoing thing throughout the series.
Bandai Namco
  • Tales of rep - Don't know enough about the series to say who would be a good fit.
Capcom
  • Akuma (Street Fighter)
Square Enix
  • Gex (<)
Sega
  • Yakuza rep - I know nothing about the series, but it's one of their biggest from my understanding.
  • Persona rep - As for which character in particular, I think it comes down to the protagonists of Persona 4 and 5. P4 has been quite popular and received numerous games throughout the years, but P5 is looking to be quite big as well and it's more than likely going to be supported in the same way.
Konami
  • Raiden or Naked Snake/Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) - People like Raiden so he could stay, but Solid Snake and Big Boss are different people so another Snake albeit a different version could be included while still preventing overlap between PlayStation-All Stars and Smash Bros.
  • Alucard (Castlevania)
NetherRealm
Ubisoft
Bethesda
  • Doom Guy/Marine
Personally I think the biggest problem was the scoring system. Imagine Street Fighter where only the Supers can win matches. It would just be a long mess of blocks and dodges.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

Yes Activision, that's what "Trilogy" means.

You didn't need to specify that it has 3 games multiple times e_e

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Perfect time to point out it doesn't have the "Only on PlayStation" banner.

Timed exclusive confirmed?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Perfect time to point out it doesn't have the "Only on PlayStation" banner.

Timed exclusive confirmed?
I reckon so, and I think there's a good chance it'll come to Nintendo Switch sometime down the road. Maybe they'll confirm a Nintendo Switch version at E3?

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Honestly, that's EXACTLY how I hoped Activision would advertise the box-art, CONSTANTLY mentioning (in MANY different ways) how the first 3 games in the series have been remastered. As a matter of fact, I KNOW someone made a mock-up of N.Sane Trilogy's box-art, and used what I just described on it. The whole explaining in various ways how there are 3 games being remastered and all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Maybe they're trying to balance the universe for all the times Valve didn't use 3.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I reckon so, and I think there's a good chance it'll come to Nintendo Switch sometime down the road. Maybe they'll confirm a Nintendo Switch version at E3?
It's rather hard to say if N-Sane Trilogy will ever get a Nintendo Switch version, since the original games are all PlayStation exclusives. You also have to consider if the Nintendo Switch can handle the high quality graphics that the PS4 can support.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's rather hard to say if N-Sane Trilogy will ever get a Nintendo Switch version, since the original games are all PlayStation exclusives. You also have to consider if the Nintendo Switch can handle the high quality graphics that the PS4 can support.
I don't think it will look as good as it does on PS$, especially with Sony pushing the Pro, but The Switch does have portability and port-ability (easier to port to) so the Switch could get a nice market of being the slightly downgraded portable version of big games.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

• Sly Cooper (<)
  • Jak & Daxter (<)
  • Ratchet & Clank (<)
  • Dr. Nefarious (^)
  • Kat (Gravity Rush)
  • Raven (Gravity Rush)
  • PaRappa (the Rapper)
  • Lammy (UmJammer Lammy)
  • Kratos (God of War)
  • Spike (Ape Escape)
  • Rudy (Wild Arms)

Activision
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
Bandai Namco
Capcom
  • Akuma (Street Fighter)
Square Enix
  • Gex (<)
Sega
Konami
  • Alucard (Castlevania)
NetherRealm
Ubisoft
Bethesda
  • Doom Guy/Marine
Aloy would be another good first party choice. The robed figure you play in Journey would be great too.

PsychoJosh

I don't think it will look as good as it does on PS$, especially with Sony pushing the Pro, but The Switch does have portability and port-ability (easier to port to) so the Switch could get a nice market of being the slightly downgraded portable version of big games.
That's not going to happen. The things they need to do to downgrade a game to a weaker system and make sure it still works is a waste of time and money in the eyes of most companies, and it'd be better spent just developing a new game entirely

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's not going to happen. The things they need to do to downgrade a game to a weaker system and make sure it still works is a waste of time and money in the eyes of most companies, and it'd be better spent just developing a new game entirely
Really? I can turn down the graphics settings of games on my PC no problem.

The thing I see deterring companies would be the lower profit margin on cartridge production.

PsychoJosh

Really? I can turn down the graphics settings of games on my PC no problem.

The thing I see deterring companies would be the lower profit margin on cartridge production.
"Lowering the graphics settings" isn't the same thing. All that does is just reduce texture detail and other post-process effects. When porting a game it has to be optimized for the new hardware, meaning it has to be capable of running those post-process effects in the first place.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Any Tiny Tiger fans here?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They did some serious justice, fearsome as ever. Even the lions look well done.

Top Bottom