HOOPA UNBOUND FOR SMASHVideo Game Appearances:
• Pokemon X
• Pokemon Y
• Pokemon Omega Ruby
• Pokemon Omega Sapphire
• Pokemon Sun
• Pokemon Moon
• Pokemon Ultra Sun
• Pokemon Ultra Moon
• Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
• Pokemon Shuffle
• Pokemon Picross
Unique Move Set Possibilities:
• Hoopa Unbound uses rings as portals to teleport his arms, objects, and entities threw. This would be a unique ability for a fighter in Smash. The only other character that comes even remotely close to being a "portal" character is Bayonetta. However her portals act more as summons and are restricted to being within her vicinity. I imagine Hoopa Unbound being able to reach greater distances via use of his portals. Which could mean he could potentially teleport enemies far away or bring them closer to him. Hoopa could also potentially teleport himself to safety as a way to recover or to create a gap.
• Hoopa Unbound is known for it's greed and to steal items and hide them in it's "special place". This characteristic of Hoopa could be translated over to Smash. Perhaps Hoopa could have the ability to store items and be able to summon them back as needed.
• Hoopa Unbound has the ability Magician, which means it can steal items when it attacks opponents. This could transition over to Smash Bros in a few possible ways. One way could be if Hoopa attacks a character which uses an item as part of it's regular moveset (ie; Kirby's mallet/ hammer) Perhaps Hoopa could then mimic Kirby's hammer attack ability. Another example could be Fox or Falco's laser. You could take this ability one step further and make it temporary so that it also disables the opponents ability to use that attack while it's active on Hoopa. Another possibility this could be transitioned over to Smash Bros could be as simple as when Hoopa hits someone holding a item, Hoopa automatically steals the item from that player. Although this second possibility would be fairly useless when items are turned off.
• Hoopa Unbound is a Psychic & Dark type meaning some of his attacks could use a variety of these moves. Hoopa also has access to a variety to elemental punching TM's so it's possible to have those as attacks as well. I personally would like to see Dark Pulse and Hyperspace Fury worked into his move set.
• Hoopa Unbound can learn Destiny Bound. I think this could possibly make for an interesting counter move for the character.
• Final Smash: Hoopa Unbound summons a plethora of strong legendary Pokemon that completely annihilate and decimate the stage. His ability to do this was demonstrated in the anime movie "Hoopa and the clash of ages".
• Hoopa Unbound has relatively slow speed stats, which could translate over to Smash as an additional heavy weight character. Smash doesn't have very many heavy weight characters, it would be a bit more diversity to the roster in that regard.
• Hoopa Unbound is also villainous in appearance and the antagonist of the movie he was featured in. Smash needs more villain characters. Hoopa Unbound could help bring more diversity to the roster in that regard.