• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way Nick. Yesterday I played a lot better in dubs than singles, but then again people tend to camp the **** out of me in singles. I should play passive after taking a lead but that is boring to me. Maybe Falcon is the light.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yo, definitely try him out! He's so much fun, I mean I never played Falcon seriously but I would always join the all Falcon or Ganon matches we did in Brawl, so when I was reminiscing about that I decided to try him out. Not to mention he's actually good in this game, unlike in Brawl.

Last edited:

BloodyBoom

Smash Cadet
NNID
davidianyo
It seems I don't even have to try to convert everyone to Falcon. Excellent.

Smashfest yoooo

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
at ARFI2, someone was trash talking me behind my back (don't know who it was) but I remember verbatim what he said, "How is Gova in winner finals? I played him last month and he's not even good"
Salty scrubs are talking **** about you behind your back now? MAH BOI!
I've never been so proud of you.

Alright so I need to get this off my chest, and on this thread is the best place to say this:

I get pissed off when I lose to someone who goes on to lose to SaSSy. Not to say SaSSy is a worse R.O.B. than I (he definitely isn't; he plays way more carefully and performs better as a result), but every time I talk to SaSSy he holds me in the highest regard. We deeply respect each other. So when I lose to someone 2-0 or 3-0 and then SaSSy beats them similarly, I feel the need to prove myself in a rematch that probably won't ever happen in a tournament setting, and that I've let everyone down by underperforming. What's worse is that whenever I do lose, I feel like a paper tiger and that my opponent doesn't respect me or loses respect for me, and I express my frustration by getting the **** out of the venue as quickly as possible. I left AiRF2 after being eliminated by Donkey (Danke? Donke?) because I was so pissed off for not reacting properly to Monkey Flip spam, and I was very close to leaving the tournament in San Marcos after being eliminated by Savage.

School and a nagging parent prevent me from attending tournaments (I'm 21, but get treated like I'm 12) or free play sessions a lot of the time. Starting April 19th however I should be 100% free to play whenever and wherever I please.

**** man.
Eh. Different people have different playstyles and learn people in different ways.
Don't feel too bad about not beating some people. I'm sure there are others you can beat that he can't.

I think I played SaSSy, actually. Learned him by game 2, but screwed up royally and essentially gave him a free stock game 3. --;
I don't think he'd be too hard once you learn how he camps.

Maybe Falcon is the light.
Nooooooooo!

It seems I don't even have to try to convert everyone to Falcon. Excellent.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Why are there so many Falcons in this gaaaaaaame!?

edit2: also we should totally have a smash fest since it's spring break!
This very much please this please.
Is anyone available to host Friday afternoon/evening or something? I get off of work at 3. :D

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I see lots of people wanting to smash, but no one hosting. If anyone wants to smash today or tomorrow, I can host. Hit me up on skype

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I'm down, but like always, I can't go unless I can get a ride. :(

Last edited:

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Hey guys, Mattatat here (duh). I am one of the TO's for Austin Sm4sh, the group that hosts the Dlair weeklies and ARFI monthlies. I am trying to get more involved on the boards and I also wanted to give a big thanks to the people who have been coming out to our stuff. You guys are awesome and have shown me how bad I am at this game. If there is anything we can improve on please feel free to let me know. Hope to see you guys this weekend at ARFI # 3

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Hey guys, Mattatat here (duh). I am one of the TO's for Austin Sm4sh, the group that hosts the Dlair weeklies and ARFI monthlies. I am trying to get more involved on the boards and I also wanted to give a big thanks to the people who have been coming out to our stuff. You guys are awesome and have shown me how bad I am at this game. If there is anything we can improve on please feel free to let me know. Hope to see you guys this weekend at ARFI # 3
I could have sworn you had a smashboards account already... I remember there being another smash group for UT which was Melee and run by Kal/Noc and they had both Melee and PM. Eventually they switched over to Facebook from here and that's what I thought the Austin group was.

Also congrats @ BloodyBoom BloodyBoom on third, you're close to getting the gold!

edit: Also congrats @ Blue Ninjakoopa Blue Ninjakoopa on fourth!

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
So I think it would ideal for the smashfest to be on Friday since the monthly for DL is on the next day. Does anyone know what the cap is for monthlies and if you can pre register?

Team with me Shaun! We must bring order.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
There aren't any caps for the monthly. And there isn't pre-registering, you just gotta show up before 1 for doubles and before 4 for singles

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Is anyone available to host Friday afternoon/evening or something? I get off of work at 3. :D
My place is not big at all so I can't get more than 4 people included myself in comfortably. That being said, I do have recording/streaming equipment and I would not mind having a few people over to practice.

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
So I think it would ideal for the smashfest to be on Friday since the monthly for DL is on the next day. Does anyone know what the cap is for monthlies and if you can pre register?

There is no cap for our monthlies. Registration starts at 11:30 and ends 10 minutes before the event starts. We do not offer pre-registration.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm still not 100% on coming (the tournament falls on my birthday and I have **** to do that day), but I'd love to if I can. ^^
You're okay with teaming with a mediocre Olimar, though?

My place is not big at all so I can't get more than 4 people included myself in comfortably. That being said, I do have recording/streaming equipment and I would not mind having a few people over to practice.
Aww... That's a bit smaller than I'm comfortable with. :<
Thank you so much for offering, though!

By the way, where is this tournament?

Last edited:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
It's in a warehouse, it's smaller than I expected but it was able to hold the 40+ people last time comfortably. Unfortunately, there isn't any place to eat near it.

2400 E Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX 78702

Tential

Smash Rookie
Been running around Austin trying to get seating/**** setup up. I can do the same if people would like to practice. I'm still applying to jobs so free all day lol. Can't record/stream though and don't have good enough internet anyway I guess.

Wanted to go to Dragon's but I woke up at 2AM monday and decided to play all day... was asleep by 6 lol.

Didn't help that I got rocked all night time where it was the only time I had 0 lag and the players were actually amazing. Didn't run into that string of great players since then though.

Little Mac Players are giving me hell though.

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that Olimar of yours is just fine. Try and let me know by Friday but if you already have and for your b-day don't worry about it.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I'm still not 100% on coming (the tournament falls on my birthday and I have **** to do that day), but I'd love to if I can. ^^
You're okay with teaming with a mediocre Olimar, though?

Aww... That's a bit smaller than I'm comfortable with. :<
Thank you so much for offering, though!

By the way, where is this tournament?
Are you Striped?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I could, but my place is small as well and can really only hold four people comfortably.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Hmm, that's close enough I guess for me to take the bus. It'd be a long walk back though.

Tential

Smash Rookie
I'm down Locuan then. Shoot me an address when you get a chance. I'll pick you up Gova, no need to walk...

I just remembered I don't have that silly adapter they never keep in stock for gamecube controllers. I still use the wireless adapter dongle from Mayflash I got currently. Should have ordered this earlier this week.

Dunno how important streaming is to you guys but Locuan's is probably best if that's important to you. Don't care if we're streaming, just let me know what language is appropriate for Twitch.

Last edited:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
**** it, tired of fighting people to reschedule.
Not going tomorrow.

Tential

Smash Rookie
What time do yall plan to play? I'm leaving to Austin tomorrow but need to know what time. Will take me a couple of hours
If you're talking about Locuans I dunno? I guess whenever he can. I'm free anytime before 10 PM. After that I'm going out.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Who is Savage? Is he from Austin? No one at the venue seemed to know who he was.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Nah he's from Seguin. I wanted Ashen to eliminate him. ;-;

Shoutouts to @ Gova Gova , @ BloodyBoom BloodyBoom , and DozingLeaf (@ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate ) for taking second, third, and fourth respectively. We had quite the diverse top 8 today. #NoDiddies #HooNAH #Balance

**** Sheik though. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom