• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Armory - Shulk's Alt costume and Palette Thread

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
He still has 4 more, so I'm expecting a green and blue variant, and probably the gray variant of his armor. I assume the black one is a reference to Dunban while the white one is either

[collapse=Vague Major Xenoblade Spoilers]
a Fiora reference or a reference to Zanza-Shulk[/collapse]

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
He still has 4 more, so I'm expecting a green and blue variant, and probably the gray variant of his armor. I assume the black one is a reference to Dunban while the white one is either

[collapse=Vague Major Xenoblade Spoilers]
a Fiora reference or a reference to Zanza-Shulk[/collapse]

And there we go. All those costumes.

Oh hey, you're definitely right about Dunban! White sleeves, white portion right under neck, black represents the cape, red represents the chest, same color shorts and shoes. Well played, Sakurai (or whoever did this color swap).

For the white one...
I compared it to Fiora and it doesn't look like how she appears right away. It does have resemblance to how she looks elsewhere, however (at the big arm). Especially with the inner part of the Shorts being brown.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
A Jungle outfit costume would truly be amazing however I'm afraid we won't get it due to time constraints.
Very sad indeed, unlike Mario/Link/Donkey Kong etc. Shulk is someone who could drag a good amount of cool costumes.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one

Oh hey, you're definitely right about Dunban! White sleeves, white portion right under neck, black represents the cape, red represents the chest, same color shorts and shoes. Well played, Sakurai (or whoever did this color swap).

For the white one...
I compared it to Fiora and it doesn't look like how she appears right away. It does have resemblance to how she looks elsewhere, however (at the big arm). Especially with the inner part of the Shorts being brown.
[collapse=Spoiler reply]
Yeah, I was thinking it looked more like Fiora at Big Arm as opposed to her first appearance.[/collapse]

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
[collapse=Spoiler reply]
Yeah, I was thinking it looked more like Fiora at Big Arm as opposed to her first appearance.[/collapse]
Yea, I think I realized that when I reread and saw "Vague Major Xenoblade Spoilers." That means you made the original connection to both of those characters, not me, but I do very much agree with both. I'm pretty impressed you found that :), and it makes me like the alts a lot more.

It may just be me, but I think there's something pretty fun to doing vague Xenoblade spoilers. It's almost like an art, trying to make the post cryptic but not too cryptic...
I think an alt of that blonde guy would be cool on many levels. Not just because of how similar he looks but because of his unknown relationship with Shulk early on in the game. He is Shulk is love, Shulk is life, afterall. It would not spoil anything by the alt being based off him, anyways.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Yea, I think I realized that when I reread and saw "Vague Major Xenoblade Spoilers." That means you made the original connection to both of those characters, not me, but I do very much agree with both. I'm pretty impressed you found that :), and it makes me like the alts a lot more.

It may just be me, but I think there's something pretty fun to doing vague Xenoblade spoilers. It's almost like an art, trying to make the post cryptic but not too cryptic...
I think an alt of that blonde guy would be cool on many levels. Not just because of how similar he looks but because of his unknown relationship with Shulk early on in the game. He is Shulk is love, Shulk is life, afterall. It would not spoil anything by the alt being based off him, anyways.
Yeah, I agree. I think it'd be a cool reference for people who have played the game and it wouldn't actually spoil anything for new players.

The art of talking of spoilers without actually spoiling anything is a tried and true art where you use caution and vagueness just in case someone wants to read, but doesn't want to spoil too much.

Shaking//very

Smash Apprentice
But that as an alt would be really spoilerrific. I like the cheekiness of the simple recolor better.
while i do think the recolor has a better shot, and the cheekiness is nice indeed; i'm not as sure smash really cares about spoilers.

but, now that xenoblade is getting re-released for the new 3ds, i think they won't be giving away too much spoilers in smash this time around. unlike with mother 3 which pretty much got spoiled all around thanks to brawl and it's story mode.

mother 3 and xenobalde were pretty much in the same boat, except xenoblade is the victorious one of the two and actually is getting released world wide twice

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Some new ones were just shown off in the new famitsu scan.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
I wonder if the fact that only 4 colors were shown in the magazine means that Shulk will get another alt costume. That would be great.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
y'all think there will be a swap or two that changes the colour of the monado?

that would be weird.

erico9001

NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Aw, Shulk just has his swim suit outfit and then the rest are recolors :(
Back Ledge Grabbing is back

Shield while running

Shulks standing a is a 3 hit combo
Shulks up b is a TWO PART combo
You can choose to do the second part by inputting b again
Basically he swipes up like dolphin slash
If you hit b again
He will do a swipe in front of him and send the opponent flying
His up smash is sort of like palutena, except a much smaller pillar of light
Coming from his monado
I think his running dash attack is just a sword swipe
Don't quote me on that I didn't take it to memory (As I quote him anyway lol)
Shulk lunges forward and swipes down with his forward b
In to the ground
When you press neutral b it changes the insignia
Can't change while rolling, unsure attacking
His bair he shoves his sword behind him without even turning around
Like under his arm

Captain falcon still has his knee of justice but they made HUGE landing lag
His side b still does strike dmg (I'm sorry), I think I misinterpreted a guy next to me who was playing him say that. Shouldn't have said it without confirming myself

Dark red charizard
Blue charizard

Shulk has the underpants alt we all know about, rest are recolors

Little Mac has 16 costumes!
He has 8 costumes for his fleshy self, and 8 costumes for his wireframe
------------------------------------
EDIT:

Actually maybe not. The person may have gotten it wrong since this is all being recalled from memory. Here's something the guy on reddit said
-
"Q: So how was shulk? Good, bad, meh? Also did you see all of his alt costumes?

A: He had some costumes that were sleeveless. He seems unique! Amazing range and toooooons of options"
-

Sleeveless costumes? I wonder if he may be referring to the jungle outfit!! Jungle outfit and swimsuit?

The first person doesn't seem like somebody who knows a lot about xenoblade, so very well may have mistaken the jungle outfit for a recolor.

Last edited:

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151

So it seems like the colors are based on each party member!!
Shulk, Seven, Dunban, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Riki respectively.

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783

So it seems like the colors are based on each party member!!
Shulk, Seven, Dunban, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Riki respectively.
I made a comparison shot and you are right, some might take a little imagination but yeah...
Similar to Lucina, the alts seem to be based on other playable characters of the game that Shulk stars in...

From left to right: Shulk, Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Riki, Light Armor Shulk
Fiora's alt is most likely based on her appearance of when she joins the party after her "death" (aka Seven), but I used her initial artwork to avoid spoilers.

Just like in the picture above

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I made a comparison shot and you are right, some might take a little imagination but yeah...
Similar to Lucina, the alts seem to be based on other playable characters of the game that Shulk stars in...

From left to right: Shulk, Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Riki, Light Armor Shulk
Then it's official. I'm gonna secondary palette #4 for Reyn time.:awesome:

Fogs

Smash Cadet
It's only a shame the swimsuit Shulk alt doesn't have any recolors... So if my friend picks it before me, I have to actually play him clothed? Also, no sexy ShulkxShulk action. =<

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

Fiora's alt is most likely based on her appearance of when she joins the party after her "death" (aka Seven), but I used her initial artwork to avoid spoilers.

Just like in the picture above

I'll probably mainly use the color swap based off that Dunban guy, he has the coolest design out of all of them, he kind of looks like Sephiroth.

Top Bottom