• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The adorable balloon-wearing toddler, Alice from Balloon Kid for SSB4!

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Who is Alice?
Alice is the main protagonist of Balloon Fight's "semi-sequel", Balloon Kid. She went off on an adventure to rescue her little brother, Jim in the big, fictional city of "Pencilvania" and, after tying a large amount of balloons to his body, began to float away from home, resulting in Alice having to go rescue him. Her journey took her to various places, from her home town of Pencilvania, to a forest, an ocean with a giant whale, an icy mountain, and an industrial building.

Okay, so what makes her so special? I mean doesn't Villager have her main gimmick?
Well, I know that Villager uses balloons as an up special, but think about it, maybe Alice can do more than that since Villager simply uses the balloons as an up special and in no other way. This gives Alice more options to fight with her balloons and allows her to fight in a more creative way like other fighters in the Smash games.

Here's a link to a hypothetical moveset for her: http://evilwaluigi.deviantart.com/art/NEWCOMER-Alice-263271989

Well, this seems promising! Where's the support list?
Right here!

Alice's Balloon-wearing pals
smashkirby
BluePikmin11
Mr.J
A-money2121
Taigiry
shinhed-echi
SonicSmasher1
Arcadenik

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To be honest I think she would probably be a perfect fit as one of the Villager alts in the game, but given how both franchises are unrelated to each other, I doubt it will happen at all and I think she will probably be just a trophy, I support her though!

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Nintendo has such a huge library of unused characters I'm really surprised how unique some of them really are too. That's one thing I love about Smash though, Mr. Sakurai always gives a little cameo to some of the older characters.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'll support! Sign me up
Sure thing! I'm glad this thread is getting some attention now! BTW, could you spread the word to the other Balloon Fighter supporters that this thread is open? I feel that it could be a bit bigger than this, you know?

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Sure thing! I'm glad this thread is getting some attention now! BTW, could you spread the word to the other Balloon Fighter supporters that this thread is open? I feel that it could be a bit bigger than this, you know?
Sure, I wouldn't mind advertising your post onto mine. It's going to be a busy day for me today, though, so I don't know when I'll be able to get that done. Definitely soon, I promise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm all for either getting Alice or the Balloon Fighter in Smash, maybe even both, as some sort of alternate costume deal. Though that's pretty much just wishful thinking. Now watch Sakurai troll us by giving us Hello Kitty instead.

I always loved the franchise and Balloon Kid is such a fun, albeit short game. Still holding out for them to ever release the improved Japanese version on the western VC, but I'd say the chances for that to happen are slim.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm all for either getting Alice or the Balloon Fighter in Smash, maybe even both, as some sort of alternate costume deal. Though that's pretty much just wishful thinking. Now watch Sakurai troll us by giving us Hello Kitty instead.

I always loved the franchise and Balloon Kid is such a fun, albeit short game. Still holding out for them to ever release the improved Japanese version on the western VC, but I'd say the chances for that to happen are slim.
Well, that's great! I take it that this means I can put you on the support list?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You have my support!

I love this game. :D
Sure thing! It's nice to see people actually show their support for Alice now! I can say this much, I REALLY shouldn't have made this thread right before the de-confirmation of Prince Sable for Smash 4, huh? Of course, I should owe half the support to the sudden surge of interest and support to the Balloon Fighter himself and...............ahem..........Iwata-san.........um...........:c..............

BTW, I don't suppose anyone has voted for her in the Smash Ballot yet, have they?

D

Deleted member

So far I've only voted once, and that was for my second most wanted character, Lip. I might throw in a few votes for various other characters later, among them Alice/Balloon Fighter and Sukapon, the original Nintendo fighting character. Modern characters are nice and welcome, but I have a soft spot for the classics.

I will however finish the model one of these days, which has been sitting unfinished on my PC for over a year. I'm just occupied with a lot of different things.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So far I've only voted once, and that was for my second most wanted character, Lip. I might throw in a few votes for various other characters later, among them Alice/Balloon Fighter and Sukapon, the original Nintendo fighting character. Modern characters are nice and welcome, but I have a soft spot for the classics.

I will however finish the model one of these days, which has been sitting unfinished on my PC for over a year. I'm just occupied with a lot of different things.
I don't suppose you've voted for Alice yet, have you?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Alice is a little girl who is probably around Ness's age... and definitely not a toddler in the same age group as Baby Mario.

And I'd support Alice too... mainly because I always wanted the Pencilvania stage in Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You mean you are in the middle of working on a 3D Alice model? Because if that's the case, I'll be looking forward to what the finished results look like.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Alice is a little girl who is probably around Ness's age... and definitely not a toddler in the same age group as Baby Mario.

And I'd support Alice too... mainly because I always wanted the Pencilvania stage in Smash.
Personally, I've always believed Alice to be around 7-10 years old. BTW, @Arcadenik, I take it that this means I can add you to the support list?;)

You mean you are in the middle of working on a 3D Alice model? Because if that's the case, I'll be looking forward to what the finished results look like.
Same here!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Alice sweet Alice. Glad people remember Balloon Kid. Most people don't seem to remember Balloon Fight got a sequel... Hell it seems like Nintendo forgot too!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well I meant in terms or references and cameos. We see Balloon Fight pop (heh) up in a ton of games. Nintendo Land, Tingle's Balloon Fight, and so on.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well I meant in terms or references and cameos. We see Balloon Fight pop (heh) up in a ton of games. Nintendo Land, Tingle's Balloon Fight, and so on.
Ah, okay, I got it.

All I want at the very least is a Pencilvania stage in Smash. I always liked the visuals of the first world in Balloon Kid... it is not like anything you see in a Nintendo game. The other worlds in Balloon Kid can be found in other Nintendo games... you got a forest, a tropical island, inside a whale's belly, a stormy ocean, an ice palace, a volcano, and a factory... but only a city made of pencils is found in Balloon Kid... that's why Pencilvania stands out for me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ah, okay, I got it.

All I want at the very least is a Pencilvania stage in Smash. I always liked the visuals of the first world in Balloon Kid... it is not like anything you see in a Nintendo game. The other worlds in Balloon Kid can be found in other Nintendo games... you got a forest, a tropical island, inside a whale's belly, a stormy ocean, an ice palace, a volcano, and a factory... but only a city made of pencils is found in Balloon Kid... that's why Pencilvania stands out for me.
I've always thought that Pencilvania seemed like a pretty ironic place to live when you're someone who's ALL about balloons...:troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here's the map of Pencilvania in color.

I was thinking... what if there is no blast line above the stage because there is a spiked ceiling... so the only way to KO is to the sides and the bottom.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Here's the map of Pencilvania in color.

I was thinking... what if there is no blast line above the stage because there is a spiked ceiling... so the only way to KO is to the sides and the bottom.
That seems like a good idea. Maybe the stage could work like Pac-Maze on the 3DS version of Smash 4, where if you get 100 balloons, something special happens.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gone and suddenly the thread exploded. Also because it has been brought up, don't mind a bit shameless self-advertizing:
Did it last year as a side-project to learn how to animate. The textures are pretty much just the sprites of the GB game, I'm not an artist so no HD stuff.

I don't suppose you've voted for Alice yet, have you?
As a matter of fact, I did a few odd weeks ago.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm gone and suddenly the thread exploded. Also because it has been brought up, don't mind a bit shameless self-advertizing:
Did it last year as a side-project to learn how to animate. The textures are pretty much just the sprites of the GB game, I'm not an artist so no HD stuff.

As a matter of fact, I did a few odd weeks ago.
Wow! I just saw the video! That was amazing! You really do a good job model swap job! Also, nice to see you voted for Alice!

D

Deleted member

Wow! I just saw the video! That was amazing! You really do a good job model swap job! Also, nice to see you voted for Alice!
Thanks, I could probably do a much better job nowadays, I enjoy making stuff from the more obscure Nintendo franchises, as long as I'm still somewhat familiar with them (so, for example Balloon Kid or Panel de Pon, but no Murasame Castle), simply because I think they don't get enough love.

Nonetheless, I doubt I'll revisit this stage, I don't really feel like it, to be perfectly honest. The fact that I lost a good chunk of files recently certainly doesn't help, I still have to check what I managed to save back then..

Top Bottom