• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

smashkirby

Smash Hero
As I've said in the past, I'd sort of like Isabelle to be to Super Smash Bros. what Roll is to Capcom's "vs." series.

Morbi

Scavenger
Isabelle is that likely character that I always forget about even though I like her. My only fear is that she would play like Villager, that scares me a bit, even if it is somewhat irrational. She has just a good a chance as any, realistically, she has a better chance than most.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Why a golf club though? She's never used one. She could have a glow wand if a stick-like weapon is what you're after.
I like the idea of her using a megaphone to create a shockwave though. Suits her to a T too.
Uhhh, she looks captivating using it? Haha If you can't see it though, that might say something, considering you have more knowledge on the character.
I believe Isabelle is the only A-List Nintendo character that hasn't become playable in Smash Bros (excluding the Inklings whom have already been confirmed). I'd say she is deserving and has a good shot of making it in, unless they rather she reprises her role as an Assist Trophy. I'd be ok either way, but I think she would be more fun playable.

My only hang-up on her is that she seems too nice to be a fighter. However, I guess that could be remedied by making all of her "attacks" cosmetically appear as accidents from non-violent actions. I like the concept of using the Public Works as "attacks" since it both incorporates her in-game actions as well as gives her a way to "hit" her foes without being the aggressor.
I said this somewhere. Haha I thought of a sorceress having attacks based on accidentals, innocent and cute. Yes definite. Let Isabelle's attacks be generally accidental. It'd give a fresh gimmick, if that's the right word for it and unique.

Isabelle's caring intend would part of her uniqueness. There's a lot of already nice characters in, like Yoshi. Isabelle would just rep the nature while still being adaptive.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I quite like Isabelle, and think she would be a great face to see in the game.
That said, I would be most satisfied if she, with several other animal buddies, were just more costumes for Villager.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I quite like Isabelle, and think she would be a great face to see in the game.
That said, I would be most satisfied if she, with several other animal buddies, were just more costumes for Villager.
Animal Crossing is definitely deserving of a 2nd rep at the most. Its a big enough IP. We really don't need Isabelle to be like Villager since she's literally her own character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Animal Crossing is definitely deserving of a 2nd rep at the most. Its a big enough IP. We really don't need Isabelle to be like Villager since she's literally her own character.
We don't need her to be like Villager, but it doesnt make much sense for her to not be like villager, either.
In sticking with the dynamics of the world, it makes most sense to me to have all village characters be equal. Everyone does the exact same actions in every single game. There is no reason to give them different movesets which take away from their integrity of the game world.

UserKev

Smash Champion
We don't need her to be like Villager, but it doesnt make much sense for her to not be like villager, either.
In sticking with the dynamics of the world, it makes most sense to me to have all village characters be equal. Everyone does the exact same actions in every single game. There is no reason to give them different movesets which take away from their integrity of the game world.
Nah, my dude. Isabelle, lives in the village but, you don't actually see her as a villager. Isabelle has a different status than the typical villagers and, is an assistant of a higher up. She's good.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Nah, my dude. Isabelle, lives in the village but, you don't actually see her as a villager. Isabelle has a different status than the typical villagers and, is an assistant of a higher up. She's good.
So is your response that Isabelle should be given a moveset based around being a secretary?
That certainly does not scream anything of the mechanics of the Animal Crossing world.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
So is your response that Isabelle should be given a moveset based around being a secretary?
That certainly does not scream anything of the mechanics of the Animal Crossing world.
It doesn't need to. Smash is established, for one of the reasons it knows how to give characters self defenses they would theoretically use. And, there's more to Isabelle's character than an alt, my dude.

Luminario

Smash Lord
On the contrary, Isabelle being the assistant to the mayor gives her what she needs to be unique while representing AC perfectly. She's who you go to for changing Ordinances and various town settings, creating Public Works Projects, and setting up the various celebrations for the holidays. Isabelle isn't known for doing the things Villager does, besides being associated with Lloid I guess. She can have a similar pestering playstyle as Villager and share similar animations for a few things, but like the other unique NPCs like Tom Nook or KK Slider she's her own person.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Dropped in to show my support. Not much else to add, other than I like the idea of a moveset based around Public Works.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
On the contrary, Isabelle being the assistant to the mayor gives her what she needs to be unique while representing AC perfectly. She's who you go to for changing Ordinances and various town settings, creating Public Works Projects, and setting up the various celebrations for the holidays. Isabelle isn't known for doing the things Villager does, besides being associated with Lloid I guess. She can have a similar pestering playstyle as Villager and share similar animations for a few things, but like the other unique NPCs like Tom Nook or KK Slider she's her own person.
I suppose the point could be argued that celebrating holidays, creating community spaces, and things of those nature are other components of the play-style in Animal Crossing, and thusly, are core mechanics of the franchise that themselves deserve recognition.

If she had a moveset based around trying to get other Animal Crossers to come join the scene (perhaps even help her battle), that may seal the deal for me. An ally-assisted character actually does fit her quite well.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
If she had a moveset based around trying to get other Animal Crossers to come join the scene (perhaps even help her battle), that may seal the deal for me. An ally-assisted character actually does fit her quite well.
You're definitely right that would suit her to a T. I actually toyed around with that idea as I was making her moveset, but I never gave it any serious thought. Down smash could summon the Able Sisters either side to do some clothing shenanigans, up smash could have her bring Wisp out of his lamp, recovery could be Pete flapping his wings as hard as he can or Gulliver in his UFO, a projectile special could be summoning Celeste to look at the stars only for a falling star to shoot down at an angle from overhead. There's more than enough material when combining the different important characters for a good unique moveset too.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're definitely right that would suit her to a T. I actually toyed around with that idea as I was making her moveset, but I never gave it any serious thought. Down smash could summon the Able Sisters either side to do some clothing shenanigans, up smash could have her bring Wisp out of his lamp, recovery could be Pete flapping his wings as hard as he can or Gulliver in his UFO, a projectile special could be summoning Celeste to look at the stars only for a falling star to shoot down at an angle from overhead. There's more than enough material when combining the different important characters for a good unique moveset too.
Im not sure I like the idea of her summoning characters to attack... that really seems like it belongs inherently to a revamped Pokemon Trainer, or a character like Yugioh (but not Yugioh of course).

Instead, I would think these characters offer different types of buffs. One runs ahead of you to build a new bridge (it collapses if someone else uses it, but Isabelle is able to use it), or something else along this line in some way. Not actually attacking.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Im not sure I like the idea of her summoning characters to attack... that really seems like it belongs inherently to a revamped Pokemon Trainer, or a character like Yugioh (but not Yugioh of course).

Instead, I would think these characters offer different types of buffs. One runs ahead of you to build a new bridge (it collapses if someone else uses it, but Isabelle is able to use it), or something else along this line in some way. Not actually attacking.
Just purely assisting Isabelle? I suppose that could work as well. She could cycle through summons with the B button. Cyrus could build something to act as a wall, Tom Nook could throw out projectiles for Issy to pick up, that sort of thing? What about debuffs to opponents as well? Cause Leif could plant a flower field to slow down opponents ground speeds.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just purely assisting Isabelle? I suppose that could work as well. She could cycle through summons with the B button. Cyrus could build something to act as a wall, Tom Nook could throw out projectiles for Issy to pick up, that sort of thing? What about debuffs to opponents as well? Cause Leif could plant a flower field to slow down opponents ground speeds.
A major trap in Mr Resetti.
That poor, attacked, player won't cause anyone trouble any time soon.
In other words, Isabelle would be built around her ability to be helpful in double smash games.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
A major trap in Mr Resetti.
That poor, attacked, player won't cause anyone trouble any time soon.
In other words, Isabelle would be built around her ability to be helpful in double smash games.
I don't think we've had a character who is more focused on aiding allies over a strong solo performance, that would be very interesting to see.

UserKev

Smash Champion

I have to agree with this. Summoning is like purely Naruto. Haha I want Isabelle to play as if she's the hostage.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have to agree with this. Summoning is like purely Naruto. Haha I want Isabelle to play as if she's the hostage.
..hostage? How is that related to animal crossing?

...and when does Naruto summon? He's a Ninja.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Concerning the Isabelle moveset I posted earlier, if anyone has a Twitter and supports Isabelle they should RT this:

lightdasher recently reposted the moveset of Isabelle he/she made 2 years ago for Smashified. Now would be the time to spread the moveset like wildfire so that we can communicate to people that Isabelle has great potential.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Isabelle has become the face of animal crossing
She’s wasted as an assist trophy she needs to join the battle herself

UserKev

Smash Champion
Isabelle has become the face of animal crossing
She’s wasted as an assist trophy she needs to join the battle herself
Actually, she has yet to be wasted. For some characters, you can tell that them reaching assist trophy is a big enough step. Only if she's exclusively just an assist trophy in Smash Switch, then.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm genuinely shocked there isn't more talk about Isabelle. She seems like one of the most obvious choices outside the already included Inklings.

Maybe I'll start voting her in the Rate Their Chances thread, I'd be curious to see the results.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm genuinely shocked there isn't more talk about Isabelle. She seems like one of the most obvious choices outside the already included Inklings.

Maybe I'll start voting her in the Rate Their Chances thread, I'd be curious to see the results.
The stigma is that people can't see her fighting. Everything that people can see her doing. Villager already does. I think she actually has a really good chance to be in Smash with a lot of potential, but I can't blame anyone for not seeing it too.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

We definitely need to rate her (and Tom Nook) as soon as possible. It will be interesting to see how people perceive Isabelle's chances. Whether we get specific context of why Isabelle would not work as a fighter for those people, I am not sure. Isabelle is among the most weirdly perceived characters in the Smash speculation community (Alongside Tom Nook).

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
The stigma is that people can't see her fighting. Everything that people can see her doing. Villager already does. I think she actually has a really good chance to be in Smash with a lot of potential, but I can't blame anyone for not seeing it too.
Isabelle is one of those characters you have to see from Sakurai first like Pac-Man, then get hyped. She should get more attention after the reveal trailer and everyone will be blown away.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Isabelle is one of those characters you have to see from Sakurai first like Pac-Man, then get hyped. She should get more attention after the reveal trailer and everyone will be blown away.
So true. Honestly, I couldn't fathom how any Animal Crossing character could fight and was stunned that Villager made it in. After playing as the character, I found him/her to be one of the most fun newcomers in the game.

Isabelle is sweet and kind, but that doesn't have to be sacrificed to allow her to be playable. As I suggested before, have her attack animations appear as non-violent actions that may "accidentally" harm those nearby. A good example is Phoenix Wright in Marvel vs Capcom 3, where his attacks consist of things like sneezing, filing papers and picking up an object off the floor. Make her "attacks" be things like moving furniture or going fishing or building project works, sprinkle in a couple of "oops" facial reactions to convey the idea that she doesn't mean harm when her attacks connect and I think they can preserve her personality while including her.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's my Isabelle moveset.

Isabelle Rings In!​
Normal Attacks:

Jab: A bee flies in front of Isabelle, so she shuts her eyes and swings her clipboard in front of her to shoo it away, swinging it back and forth with each button press.

Dash Attack: While running, Isabelle notices a swarm of bees behind her, so she hits the deck as the swarm rushes into the opponent, missing her.

Side Tilt: Isabelle tries to catch an unseen bug in her net and swings it forward in a side-to-side motion. A two strike move.

Up Tilt: Isabelle celebrates being in Smash by pulling out a Party Popper and pointing it skyward, unleashing an explosion of confetti in a quick motion.

Down Tilt: A Ring Toss furniture piece appears before Isabelle, slightly in front of her, and she tries to toss a ring onto it. The opponent keeps getting in the way, though.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Isabelle takes out her fishing rod and makes a circular ribbon-twirler motion around her with its line.

Forward Air: Isabelle pulls out a giant foam finger and does a scooping motion, of sorts. She just wanted to cheer, but then the foe got in the way.

Back Air: Allergy season sucks. Isabelle sneezes, shooting her backwards and making her slam into the opponent. This can also work as a last ditch recovery effort, similar to Corrin's back air, but in the opposite direction.

Up Air: Isabelle, enjoying the breeze, pulls out a pinwheel and holds it above her. Its edges are sharp and rapidly hit the foe for damage.

Down Air: Isabelle, being a klutz, drops a bag of bells from her pocket. They hurdle down toward the ground and hit the opponent with a resounding thunk.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Isabelle knocks over a stack of paperwork about 1.5 times her own height, sending it cascading forward as any foe caught in the move gets launched. This is Isabelle's best kill move...just don't tell her that.

Up Smash: Isabelle adores seashells. In this move, she'll play with the shell the mayor gave her, tossing it up in the air and catching it as it descends. While it's airborne, however, it will spin rapidly, causing major damage to those hit by it.

Down Smash: Isabelle poses in celebration as an archway appears over her, quickly falling from the sky. However, if the opponent was on either side of her when the archway was made...well, they're underneath it now. As they get blasted away, Isabelle, horrified, quickly removes the archway, turning it into a leaf.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Isabelle casts her line and snags the foe with her rod, entangling them. Each pummel has her pull on the rod in an attempt to free the line from them, though this ends up being her pummel.

Forward Throw: Isabelle turns on a giant fan that blasts foes away.

Back Throw: Isabelle tries to unhook the foe but ends up tossing them backward as she looks on in horror.

Up Throw: A geyser bursts out beneath the opponent, blasting them upward.

Down Throw: A flowerpot falls from the sky and smashes into the foe, knocking them toward the stage and sending them upward. Isabelle's gonna have to have a talk with the upstairs tenants.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: New Leaf - Isabelle tosses a leaf in front of her, skyward. It slowly descends toward the stage. Pressing the button again as it's either on the stage or in the air will transform it into a piece of furniture: either a small one that can be thrown, or a large one that either crushes a foe beneath it as it falls, or can be used as a stage obstacle for the opponent to have to work around. One light and one heavy object can be on the stage at once per Isabelle.

Side Special: Public Works Projects - Like Shulk's Monado Arts, these can be cycled by pressing the button. A set of four symbols appear above Isabelle as they cycle: a water droplet, a flame, an hourglass, and a bell. Selecting one brings a Gyroid onto the stage, which must be protected at all costs, as it has a health bar. If the Gyroid takes too much damage, it will disappear. After it has been guarded enough, it will transform into a permanent object on the stage. Here are the options and their effects.

— Selecting the water droplet creates a small fountain on the stage. The water effect can interrupt foes attempting to approach Isabelle from the air, due to its windbox effect.
— Selecting the flame creates a campfire. Opponents that touch this will get burned, and all explosives that touch it will instantly explode. Additionally, any projectile, either from Isabelle or from her opponent, that passes through the flames will become imbued with the fire effect, doing slightly more damage and automatically setting off explosives.
— Selecting the hourglass creates a small clockpost on the stage. This doesn't reach the foreground and doesn't impact the fight directly, but it does decrease the amount of time needed to defend a Gyroid before a Public Works Project is created.
— Selecting the bell creates a small bell on the stage that Isabelle can ring by going near it (it will automatically activate when she goes near it). This is a sound based attack that damages opponents, buying Isabelle more time.

Only two Public Works Projects can be on the stage at a time per Isabelle. These structures are semi-permanent. They will stay on the stage unless:
— The stage moves in a way that leaves the structures behind, like a touring stage, or
— Isabelle presses and holds her Side Special while next to a structure, instantly dismantling it.

Plan your "town" wisely and use each project to your advantage.

Up Special: Present Balloon - Isabelle holds onto a present balloon and flies upwards. Unlike Villager, she doesn't have free flight during this, making it a much more linear recovery.

Down Special: Beautiful Town Ordinance - Isabelle plants a sign post into the ground as a fenced off area appears on the stage around her. After five seconds (this can be reduced to three with the clock tower public works project), a small garden appears. Standing in the garden allows Isabelle to slowly heal a bit of health back, but she cannot attack while standing in the garden, making her a sitting duck. But by planning out her PWPs and furniture properly, perhaps she can preoccupy the foe long enough to heal a significant chunk of damage. Unlike her Side Special, this garden is not semi-permanent. If a foe attacks the flower bed enough, it will wither away and disappear. Striking it with a fire move will erase it almost instantly. You can only place one flower bed on the stage at a time.

Final Smash: Bell Boom Ordinance

Isabelle enacts the Wealthy Town, or Bell Boom, Ordinance. In this move, heavy bags of bells rain from the sky before bursting on impact on the stage. This causes massive damage both to the foe and to the economy.

Playstyle Notes:

Isabelle is a very defensive-oriented character. From a cosmetic standpoint, none of her moves are intended to bring harm to the opponent, but the circumstances surrounding the fight make her accidentally bring harm to them.

Where Isabelle truly shines is her set of specials, as they dictate her playstyle: she is a cute and clumsy terraformer, being able to alter the stage to her heart's content. This showcases a key aspect of the Animal Crossing series, which is town planning and interior decorating. Isabelle, being the assistant mayor, oversees a lot of the day to day town planning, and as such she is the perfect character for something like this.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Here's my Isabelle moveset.

Isabelle Rings In!​
Normal Attacks:

Jab: A bee flies in front of Isabelle, so she shuts her eyes and swings her clipboard in front of her to shoo it away, swinging it back and forth with each button press.

Dash Attack: While running, Isabelle notices a swarm of bees behind her, so she hits the deck as the swarm rushes into the opponent, missing her.

Side Tilt: Isabelle tries to catch an unseen bug in her net and swings it forward in a side-to-side motion. A two strike move.

Up Tilt: Isabelle celebrates being in Smash by pulling out a Party Popper and pointing it skyward, unleashing an explosion of confetti in a quick motion.

Down Tilt: A Ring Toss furniture piece appears before Isabelle, slightly in front of her, and she tries to toss a ring onto it. The opponent keeps getting in the way, though.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Isabelle takes out her fishing rod and makes a circular ribbon-twirler motion around her with its line.

Forward Air: Isabelle pulls out a giant foam finger and does a scooping motion, of sorts. She just wanted to cheer, but then the foe got in the way.

Back Air: Allergy season sucks. Isabelle sneezes, shooting her backwards and making her slam into the opponent. This can also work as a last ditch recovery effort, similar to Corrin's back air, but in the opposite direction.

Up Air: Isabelle, enjoying the breeze, pulls out a pinwheel and holds it above her. Its edges are sharp and rapidly hit the foe for damage.

Down Air: Isabelle, being a klutz, drops a bag of bells from her pocket. They hurdle down toward the ground and hit the opponent with a resounding thunk.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Isabelle knocks over a stack of paperwork about 1.5 times her own height, sending it cascading forward as any foe caught in the move gets launched. This is Isabelle's best kill move...just don't tell her that.

Up Smash: Isabelle adores seashells. In this move, she'll play with the shell the mayor gave her, tossing it up in the air and catching it as it descends. While it's airborne, however, it will spin rapidly, causing major damage to those hit by it.

Down Smash: Isabelle poses in celebration as an archway appears over her, quickly falling from the sky. However, if the opponent was on either side of her when the archway was made...well, they're underneath it now. As they get blasted away, Isabelle, horrified, quickly removes the archway, turning it into a leaf.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Isabelle casts her line and snags the foe with her rod, entangling them. Each pummel has her pull on the rod in an attempt to free the line from them, though this ends up being her pummel.

Forward Throw: Isabelle turns on a giant fan that blasts foes away.

Back Throw: Isabelle tries to unhook the foe but ends up tossing them backward as she looks on in horror.

Up Throw: A geyser bursts out beneath the opponent, blasting them upward.

Down Throw: A flowerpot falls from the sky and smashes into the foe, knocking them toward the stage and sending them upward. Isabelle's gonna have to have a talk with the upstairs tenants.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: New Leaf - Isabelle tosses a leaf in front of her, skyward. It slowly descends toward the stage. Pressing the button again as it's either on the stage or in the air will transform it into a piece of furniture: either a small one that can be thrown, or a large one that either crushes a foe beneath it as it falls, or can be used as a stage obstacle for the opponent to have to work around. One light and one heavy object can be on the stage at once per Isabelle.

Side Special: Public Works Projects - Like Shulk's Monado Arts, these can be cycled by pressing the button. A set of four symbols appear above Isabelle as they cycle: a water droplet, a flame, an hourglass, and a bell. Selecting one brings a Gyroid onto the stage, which must be protected at all costs, as it has a health bar. If the Gyroid takes too much damage, it will disappear. After it has been guarded enough, it will transform into a permanent object on the stage. Here are the options and their effects.

— Selecting the water droplet creates a small fountain on the stage. The water effect can interrupt foes attempting to approach Isabelle from the air, due to its windbox effect.
— Selecting the flame creates a campfire. Opponents that touch this will get burned, and all explosives that touch it will instantly explode. Additionally, any projectile, either from Isabelle or from her opponent, that passes through the flames will become imbued with the fire effect, doing slightly more damage and automatically setting off explosives.
— Selecting the hourglass creates a small clockpost on the stage. This doesn't reach the foreground and doesn't impact the fight directly, but it does decrease the amount of time needed to defend a Gyroid before a Public Works Project is created.
— Selecting the bell creates a small bell on the stage that Isabelle can ring by going near it (it will automatically activate when she goes near it). This is a sound based attack that damages opponents, buying Isabelle more time.

Only two Public Works Projects can be on the stage at a time per Isabelle. These structures are semi-permanent. They will stay on the stage unless:
— The stage moves in a way that leaves the structures behind, like a touring stage, or
— Isabelle presses and holds her Side Special while next to a structure, instantly dismantling it.

Plan your "town" wisely and use each project to your advantage.

Up Special: Present Balloon - Isabelle holds onto a present balloon and flies upwards. Unlike Villager, she doesn't have free flight during this, making it a much more linear recovery.

Down Special: Beautiful Town Ordinance - Isabelle plants a sign post into the ground as a fenced off area appears on the stage around her. After five seconds (this can be reduced to three with the clock tower public works project), a small garden appears. Standing in the garden allows Isabelle to slowly heal a bit of health back, but she cannot attack while standing in the garden, making her a sitting duck. But by planning out her PWPs and furniture properly, perhaps she can preoccupy the foe long enough to heal a significant chunk of damage. Unlike her Side Special, this garden is not semi-permanent. If a foe attacks the flower bed enough, it will wither away and disappear. Striking it with a fire move will erase it almost instantly. You can only place one flower bed on the stage at a time.

Final Smash: Bell Boom Ordinance

Isabelle enacts the Wealthy Town, or Bell Boom, Ordinance. In this move, heavy bags of bells rain from the sky before bursting on impact on the stage. This causes massive damage both to the foe and to the economy.

Playstyle Notes:

Isabelle is a very defensive-oriented character. From a cosmetic standpoint, none of her moves are intended to bring harm to the opponent, but the circumstances surrounding the fight make her accidentally bring harm to them.

Where Isabelle truly shines is her set of specials, as they dictate her playstyle: she is a cute and clumsy terraformer, being able to alter the stage to her heart's content. This showcases a key aspect of the Animal Crossing series, which is town planning and interior decorating. Isabelle, being the assistant mayor, oversees a lot of the day to day town planning, and as such she is the perfect character for something like this.
I think I'm in love!:love:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
What are all of the common arguments against Isabelle you have seen when her chances are brought up in a Smash Bros. discussion? I know there is her being too non-combatant and Villager being sufficable representation. But are there any other arguments that have been brought up? I need something to fill in my already large analysis I made for RTC.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
What are all of the common arguments against Isabelle you have seen when her chances are brought up in a Smash Bros. discussion? I know there is her being too non-combatant and Villager being sufficable representation. But are there any other arguments that have been brought up? I need something to fill in my already large analysis I made for RTC.
Only one I can think of is some Nook fans think she's too new/less iconic to be the second choice, and that Nook should be instead.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
She's not a fighter and as an assistant she's the perfect assist trophy are some of the common ones I've seen.

UserKev

Smash Champion
He mentioned the first one. The second one isn't really a reason against her
Both of you mention arguments that aren't potentially against her. Tom Nook, I never got the appeal of this dude.

Tom Nook should REALLY just remain Villager's Final Smash, if he gets a new smash, really shows what he's supposed to do. Isabelle is a clever case.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Both of you mention arguments that aren't potentially against her. Tom Nook, I never got the appeal of this dude.

Tom Nook should REALLY just remain Villager's Final Smash, if he gets a new smash, really shows what he's supposed to do. Isabelle is a clever case.
If Animal Crossing is going to get another character it is going to be between those 2. Just because you don't like Tom Nook doesn't mean people haven't raised this point. It's a legitimate thing to address, especially in a write-up about her chances, bruh.

UserKev

Smash Champion
If Animal Crossing is going to get another character it is going to be between those 2. Just because you don't like Tom Nook doesn't mean people haven't raised this point. It's a legitimate thing to address, especially in a write-up about her chances, bruh.
Tom Nook, isn't getting into Smash.

He's dull.

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Tom Nook works better as a final smash
K.K Slider works better as a stage feature

I wouldn’t mind either as playable but i’d prefer Isabelle
Replace her assist trophy with Brewster handing out coffee cups to go

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
With Isabelle slowly becoming the most expected newcomer, I had a weird train of thought forming. I know people expected Palutena to come to Smash 4, but ended up with the worst possible default moveset. I kind of have this recent fear that Sakurai would not be able to create a moveset for Isabelle that would both attract a casual nor competitive community. I know Isabelle has several things to differentiate herself, but would the end moveset ultimately be fun and interesting enough?

My fears are slowly becoming irrational lately, so I apologize if this sounds weird. lol

Top Bottom