• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS The 3DS community...

Is gonna be ridiculous. Knowing the smash community, some dumb ass is probably gonna rage quit with their 3DS and shatter it. There is also the possibility some people will mod their DS like they do GC triggers and treat the systems like expensive controllers. I know I'm not the only one who sees this happening. Anyone else out there who thinks some of our communities ridiculous nuances will transfer to the 3DS?

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
If someone can figure out how to turn a 3ds into a camecube controller, I probably won't even buy a WiiU.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Unintentionally funny :p I was typing on my phone at the time. Has a nice ring to it though, camecube.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Possibly, and it'll be funny to watch

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Im going to laugh at the guy that breaks 5 systems because he can't handle a loss online lol.

Kerreb17

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0619-4010-5392
You better believe it! I would expect no less of the quirky Smash community.

I really resonate with the whole "turn your 3DS into a GCN controller" concept. I could actually see people doing that, which is the sad part.

M0p

Smash Rookie
If I could easily mod my 3ds to function more like a controller, I totally would. Having tight controls on a smash bros game for a portable console sounds like heaven, if you ask me. That said, I'm assuming the game's being made with the best controls achievable in mind, as I'm sure many people are concerned it's gonna be clunky or uncomfortable. I doubt they'd pursue making it on the 3ds if it wasn't fun on a basic 3ds, but if I could somehow slap a real analog stick on there, you bet your ass I would.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Is gonna be ridiculous. Knowing the smash community, some dumb *** is probably gonna rage quit with their 3DS and shatter it. There is also the possibility some people will mod their DS like they do GC triggers and treat the systems like expensive controllers. I know I'm not the only one who sees this happening. Anyone else out there who thinks some of our communities ridiculous nuances will transfer to the 3DS?
I didn't even think of this, but what you say makes sense. Ugh... modifying a 3DS like that... I can't say I like it. I just want Smash on 3DS to stay how it was designed. Do you think these control mods would be allowed in competitive play?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly, if they somehow are able to mod the game to be Gamecube compatible.
I'd laugh.

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly can't wait to see "competitive" Smash on the 3ds. I can only imagine what it would be like in the 4-5 months leading up to the Wii U version. We shall see!

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
The 3DS scene is going to be comprised of three main subsets:
  • Children that can't afford a Wii U
  • Smash hipsters assuming the 3DS scene is more niche
  • Pokemon fanatics
Most people online will be playing as Charizard.
Every other game will be a taunt party.

pickle962

Smash Lord
The 3DS scene is going to be comprised of three main subsets:
  • Children that can't afford a Wii U
  • Smash hipsters assuming the 3DS scene is more niche
  • Pokemon fanatics
I don't think the new rules for online concerning annoying sh*ts who do things like taunt parties will allow for most if not all common side effects that occur during online play to happen! ;P

M0p

Smash Rookie
I'm not getting the Wii U version because I move around too much and don't feel like carrying an entire console with controllers and cables around.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
But the games use a rating system for matchmaking. As you move up, you'll see less of those. I imagine that, even after the Wii U release, there'll be people playing on the 3DS who just plain find the 3DS version good enough.

Top Bottom