• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
edit: I shouldn't post when I'm tired or else i'll post in the wrong thread lol

Last edited:

Monkey D. Foxy

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing some effects missing like shields, Fox's shine and flames, dash clouds, and even the lights the characters make when they spawn in the map at the beginning of the match? Also I've been experiencing a lot of crashes mostly with the debug menu. I am using Nintendont as that's the only thing that'll read my USB

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
there's a big problem with my version of 4.06... every time i pick up the controller i whoop some a** =P I've taken a break from modding for a few months, close to 6. i see some new faces in here, welcome!!!

so I was told that there was a list of the new changes from 4.05 to 4.06 a few pages back, i didn't see it...

my 405 didn't work well so i modded 302... i noticed DTW has gone from version 3 to 5, is there an easy way to transfer all my work from 302 to 406, skins, CSS, menu screens, audio, stages all at the same time?... having multiple versions of stages was an awesome idea Achilles, and being able to put it to random is ecstasy, how can i add my versions to the list? I'd rather not replace the new ones

has there also been a new faster/easier way of converting and inserting audio? rather that using the hex editor?

....The hex in between the names corresponds to the costumes in order. The 8 on the left change the L alt and the last 8 on the right change the R alt
The first 4 change the main color and the second 4 change the line color
haven't tried what you saying yet, but wouldn't that just change the color background n not the image of the character ontop of the color bg?

Favure

Smash Rookie
I'm new here, been playing melee for years but don't have too many people to play with around here. So first off I want to say how amazingly awesome this is and want to give huge props to the creator of this.

So, the thing is, i'm having one problem. I got everything working fine on the dolphin emulator, my only problem is that I can't choose a stage. When I'm done selecting my character and go to the stage selection, everytime I try to move the cursor it just spazzes out and stays pretty much dead center. Anyone know what the cause of this might be?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm new here, been playing melee for years but don't have too many people to play with around here. So first off I want to say how amazingly awesome this is and want to give huge props to the creator of this.

So, the thing is, i'm having one problem. I got everything working fine on the dolphin emulator, my only problem is that I can't choose a stage. When I'm done selecting my character and go to the stage selection, everytime I try to move the cursor it just spazzes out and stays pretty much dead center. Anyone know what the cause of this might be?
Thanks for the feedback. Disable the Netplay Gecko code and make sure to use regular Dolphin or Faster Melee 4.9 beta or higher.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I tried for ages to get to the hacked stages on Dolphin but Dpad just didn't do anything.
It was driving me nuts and noone could help me figure out what was causing it.
Finally I just tried turning off all gecko codes and it works now.
Is this intensional? Did I really fix the problem?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I tried for ages to get to the hacked stages on Dolphin but Dpad just didn't do anything.
It was driving me nuts and noone could help me figure out what was causing it.
Finally I just tried turning off all gecko codes and it works now.
Is this intensional? Did I really fix the problem?
See my above comment. You had a code enabled that conflicted with a built in 20XX code.

Stache

Smash Cadet
Achilles can you make a higher resolution version of this image? I would greatly appreciate it

Also what font was used here?

DRGN

Technowizard
Achilles can you make a higher resolution version of this image? I would greatly appreciate it

What resolution were you thinking?
I made that. So I can tell you that unfortunately some of its parts were low-resolution to start with (I got the original outline of the 2 and XX from the texture on the game's intro screen). So to do it proper, the whole logo would need to be recreated.

Here's a simple 2x upscale that's slightly improved over what the site oscat linked to produces:

yE3tuf3_02.png

I just combined some aspects of the bicubic and lanczos outputs, and edited the shine.

Stache

Smash Cadet
What resolution were you thinking?
I made that. So I can tell you that unfortunately some of its parts were low-resolution to start with (I got the original outline of the 2 and XX from the texture on the game's intro screen). So to do it proper, the whole logo would need to be recreated.

Here's a simple 2x upscale that's slightly improved over what the site oscat linked to produces:

View attachment 129334
I just combined some aspects of the bicubic and lanczos outputs, and edited the shine.
Aw man. I'm putting down some groundwork for an HD texture pack for 20XX on dolphin (Based on https://smashboards.com/threads/melee-hd-texture-pack-dolphin-v1-01.438813/) and that's the biggest glaring low-res texture that I'd have to deal with.
I can probably recreate it on my own but I'd like to know what the font was for the numbers and the training pack text is. The original shine would help as well

Last edited:

TyroKith

Smash Cadet
Does v4.06 have any known issues with replacing the CSS? I tried replacing it with an HD option from another thread but then I couldn't get the game to load. Definitely could be something on my end.

P.S. Yay HD texture pack!

Last edited:

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
I was going to use the 20XX 4.06 playback / record feature to test some ice climbers stuff but it seemed that you can't make Nana do aerials with c-stick. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
The xdelta install script isn't working for me (Linux Mint 18). For now I used windows to do this but this issue might be present for other Linux users.

First I had this issue:
$ ./20xx-4.06-convert.sh GALE01.iso
./20xx-4.06-convert.sh: line 1: $'\r': command not found
.... other stuff like this,

which I solved by installing 'dos2unix' since the dos newline isn't recognized by Unix apparently. I then installed xdelta3 (which I noticed from reading the actual script, I feel that these two things would be helpful to mention in the ReadMe)

$ ./20xx-4.06-convert.sh GALE01.iso
Verifying that the given file is a vanilla v1.02 copy of SSBM.
This will take a few moments....SUCCESS
The ISO has been verified!

Constructing 20XXHP 4.06.
Please stand by....FAIL
<---- not sure why
Conversion complete!

Would you like to check the hash of your new 20XX copy? (y/n):

Any ideas? I might be one of the only Linux users downloading 20xx and am not good enough at shell to diagnose the issue.
I just went through this process and checked to see if anyone happened to be trying to figure out how to build this on Linux since the given script doesn't seem to work. In case you want to build a later version on Linux, someone else finds this, or the hack pack folks want to just fix it for next release and hadn't noticed what was broken, here's the whole process including what you already did to fix the file:
  1. Install xdelta3 (on Ubuntu/Mint/etc, using sudo apt install xedelta3)
  2. Convert the file from CRLF to LF line endings using a code editor of choice, dos2unix, or sed:
    Code:
    sed -i $'s/\r$//' 20xx-4.06-convert.sh
  3. Add missing dollar signs before {version} in two variables at the top of the script, lines 9 and 10, making them:
    Code:
    outfile="SSBM, 20XXHP ${version}.iso"
    delta="SSBM, 20XXHP ${version} xdelta patch.xdelta"
The construction of the ISO failed when you ran it because it's trying to find a file literally called "SSBM, 20XXHP {version} xdelta patch.xdelta", which doesn't exist.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I just had the most amazing idea for a 20XX feature.
What if we were able to export and inport save states.
Within char sub forums we could have go-to list of relevant practice scenarios to choose from.

For example: Battlefield 2 falcos in the middle shooting shl with variating heights and timings towards both ledges. near both ledges is a player. one is programmed to properly handle the lasers. the other is you. so you can real time see what you're supposed to do.

imagine the possibilities

Last edited:

browcat

Smash Rookie
Im not sure if this is the proper thread by I am having difficulties rebuilding 20xx in GCR. I keep getting Disk Image Files instead of an ISO, and I do not know why. I am probably making a simple mistake, but any help at all would be appreciated. thanks

thundrio

Smash Cadet
Are there text instructions anywhere for how to use the Replay/Save State system? Even if it's not as thorough as the videos I learn better by quickly reading instructions and experimenting myself.

mariogamer

Smash Rookie
Hy,
Don't know if someone already experienced this or not, but, when I load the GCRebuilder built ISO, I don't see any change in character select or in the banner. And I cannot get onto other feature as well...

Also checked Start.dol hash: it is not the same while checking a vanilla start.dol.

Using a wii and Nintendont.

mariogamer

Smash Rookie
Xdelta patched vanilla iso and GCRebuilder built iso don't give me the same size/hash:

6ed757739de410658799e4ada97a31a1 /home/mariogamer/20XXHP 4.06 Creator/SSBM, 20XXHP 4.06.iso (seem like this xdelta is clean)
91addf6f8819f89335a3b7001c3b3aac /media/mariogamer/ARCH_201612/games/Super Smash Bros. Melee (USA) (En,Ja) (v1.02) 20XX Hack Pack/game.iso

But it still doesn't work with xdelta...

Oh ok finally it's work....

USB loadergx was loading the other melee iso I had in game folder....

Last edited:

Misa

Smash Rookie
Similiar to what @UnclePunch did a while back, I too have compiled some stages and costumes floating around mainly in @zankyou 's threads and worked them into my copy of 4.06.

I'll post a download-link to the files I added or changed down below, so you can rebuild it by yourself using the root files found in the opening post. Just copy-paste into the root folder and save+rebuild with GCR.
Remeber to check "Do not use game.toc" before you Open > Root!!
I made changes to the start.dol, some menu files and replaced some alt skins, so as long as these changes doesn't overlap you could add and replace these files of your existing copy and rebuild it with GCR.

Changes:
- Added Zankyou-imported Stages to fourth SSS, with icons (blue icons!)
- Added new Miiverse posts to the newly added Miiverse stage; tried to pick Melee relevant ones, also made some of my own.
- Imported stages have individual names on the Random Stage Select toggle screen
- Added names for the Third SSS on the Random Stage Select toggle screen
- Swapped Zeldas CSP for the Shiek/Zelda one (simply don't copy "MnSlChr.usd" if you don't care for this, as it will replace all your other CSPs)
- Mario (Green and Blue), C.Falcon (Neutral and Pink) and Marth (Neutral, Black and White) now have alt costumes as their R-alt.

I think thats all. Keep in mind that I did this mostly for my own amusement, and therefore probably left some stages/costumes out due to lack of interest. But you can easily do it yourself pretty easily!
Thanks to Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and @zankyou as well as many, many others for the continuing hard work!

Modified:
SdSlChr.3sd
SdSlChr.4sd
MnSlMap.4sd
MnSlChr.usd
start.dol
PlMrGr.rat (.rat files replaced with alt costumes)
PlMrBu.rat
PlMsNr.rat
PlMsBk.rat
PlMsWh.rat
PlCaNr.rat
PlCaWh.rat

New (Just stage files):
GrTsk.zat
GrTPk.zat
GrTNs.zat
GrTMs.zat
GrTLk.zat
GrTKb.zat
GrTGn.zat
GrTFx.zat
GrTFe.zat
GrTCl.zat
GrTCa.zat
GrNBa.zat
GrNBa.yat
GrNba.xat
GrSt.zat
(chose to go with Z>Y>X to easily keep track of what files were added by me)

Download (Updated to 4.07++)

Last edited:

Alexander Mutuc

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have a problem with 4.06. ANy port besides player 1 is stuck on the metal texture. Nothing I've tried can get it to normal.
It's all fine when I play it on the console but no matter the dolphin version, it's always on the metal texture. When I plug into a different port, I can't even change it back with the dpad. Any help?

yungbami

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have a problem with 4.06. ANy port besides player 1 is stuck on the metal texture. Nothing I've tried can get it to normal.
It's all fine when I play it on the console but no matter the dolphin version, it's always on the metal texture. When I plug into a different port, I can't even change it back with the dpad. Any help?
are you playing it on dolphin faster melee 5.0.3 ?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
you have multiple of the 5 tourny stages. i think i notice a few that were untouched? for instance yoshi story has 9 stages. 1-5 are already customized but 6-9 arent? is there a list of which ones haven't been touched that i can edit/replace?

Misa

Smash Rookie
you have multiple of the 5 tourny stages. i think i notice a few that were untouched? for instance yoshi story has 9 stages. 1-5 are already customized but 6-9 arent? is there a list of which ones haven't been touched that i can edit/replace?
Continuing with Yoshi's Story as the example... Yoshi's Story has 9 stage files, GrSt.0at (default), GrSt.1at ~ GrSt.9at. In the Textures Menu in-game, we can see that 20XX supports up to 14 separate custom stage files for the 5 tournament legal stages. In the case of Yoshi's Story, 1-9 is already taken, while 10-14 is open.
1-9 uses the naming convention .1at, .2at etc.
10-14 uses .aat, .bat, .cat etc...
You can copy and edit any texture of these stages, give it the file extension (in this case, Custom 10's) .aat and simply add it to your ISO with GCR.

Example:
Final Destination (GrNLa.0at)
FD has 4 pre-existing alterations, and Custom 5-14 are open.
I want to add an alt for Custom 5.
After editing and saving my new texture, I rename it to GrNLa.5at and add it to my root files (can be extracted with GCR), and then rebuild the ISO with GCR.

That cleared everything up?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
Continuing with Yoshi's Story as the example... Yoshi's Story has 9 stage files, GrSt.0at (default), GrSt.1at ~ GrSt.9at. In the Textures Menu in-game, we can see that 20XX supports up to 14 separate custom stage files for the 5 tournament legal stages. In the case of Yoshi's Story, 1-9 is already taken, while 10-14 is open.
1-9 uses the naming convention .1at, .2at etc.
10-14 uses .aat, .bat, .cat etc...
You can copy and edit any texture of these stages, give it the file extension (in this case, Custom 10's) .aat and simply add it to your ISO with GCR.

Example:
Final Destination (GrNLa.0at)
FD has 4 pre-existing alterations, and Custom 5-14 are open.
I want to add an alt for Custom 5.
After editing and saving my new texture, I rename it to GrNLa.5at and add it to my root files (can be extracted with GCR), and then rebuild the ISO with GCR.

That cleared everything up?
oh wow, 14, thats awesome. i thought there was some duplicates on there, but i guess i was wrong. so all of them except the "0's" are edited.. Thanks :)

harrisoff

Smash Rookie
I'm using 4.06 on my hacked wii, booting with dios mios, and for some reason my screen is shifted to the right and it cuts off a decent amount of the display. Is there any known way to fix this issue?

Last edited:
Top Bottom