• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Merry Christmas!
This guide was very helpful!
Umm... I still have a few questions I couldn't find the answers to. I would really appreciate anyone's help.

I have never played an iso on a hacked wii. In the past week I have slowly been figuring all this out. I got my vanilla wii to do priiloader boot direct to homebrew, that was crazy.

But now I'm on windows trying to get the 20xx iso.
I downloaded the 4.05 zip that it says has all the files that GCRebuilder needs in order to do the stuff.
So I run the root open thing, and it says I don't have this file Vi0102.dat
I'm guessing that has something to do with melee version 1.02?
I re-downloaded 4.05 and unpacked it again and searched for that file but it's not there.

So if you're gonna tell me that I do need the 1.02 then I was wondering if I could do the usbloaderGX thing and get a file from my melee disc when it is delivered next week (I wanted it anyways).
Is that possible and what would the difference in installation of 20xx be?

Umm...
Thanks!
I think all files including Vi0102 should be within the download; it was included within my download. For playing, I would recommend Nintendont, unless you plan on greatly increasing the size of the iso, then I would recommend using Dios Mios.

Jadelocked

Smash Rookie
Thanks pj
I downloaded the root files zip from the link in the original post, which says that all the files should be there.
I actually downloaded it twice and I searched through them and I don't have the file that GCRebuilder is asking for...

Jadelocked

Smash Rookie
a Christmas miracle!
I have solved the issue.
If anyone ever has the problem it's because...

The computer it wasn't working on, I had a crappy 7zip ripoff
I unpacked the zipped root file on a computer that had the official version of 7zip and GCRebuilder gobbled those files right up.
Both devices running Windows

So if anyone ever has this problem now everyone here can now be assured that it's not a problem with the 20XX files or any involved hacking files.
I have the iso now.
Thanks for this guide btw!!!! :)

one more thing,
is there a guide on how to boot via sd card? I tried formatting mine to WBFS and I put the iso in there but usbloaderGX and dios/mios can't find it or something.
I even tried nintendont and it says sd/games not found even when I put the ios into a folder called "games"
Also even when I do a lot of other folder and naming adjustments it can't find the .ios file....... I need to see the exact setup required or a guide or something
I have a 4 gig sdhc

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
a Christmas miracle!
I have solved the issue.
If anyone ever has the problem it's because...

The computer it wasn't working on, I had a crappy 7zip ripoff
I unpacked the zipped root file on a computer that had the official version of 7zip and GCRebuilder gobbled those files right up.
Both devices running Windows

So if anyone ever has this problem now everyone here can now be assured that it's not a problem with the 20XX files or any involved hacking files.
I have the iso now.
Thanks for this guide btw!!!! :)

one more thing,
is there a guide on how to boot via sd card? I tried formatting mine to WBFS and I put the iso in there but usbloaderGX and dios/mios can't find it or something.
I even tried nintendont and it says sd/games not found even when I put the ios into a folder called "games"
Also even when I do a lot of other folder and naming adjustments it can't find the .ios file....... I need to see the exact setup required or a guide or something
I have a 4 gig sdhc
Move everything off the card. Format it to FAT32. Place ISO in
SD:\games\GALE01\game.iso

With that exact same naming convention, case-sensitive.

Last edited:

Jadelocked

Smash Rookie
That worked! Thanks!
Wow!

Well I decided to put it on a USB because I have other GC games I'm going to backup so I don't need the discs no more
Thanks. Time to start training! I'll look out for when they come out with the online vs server mod thing

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Hey Achilles. Is there any word on when the in game cpu toggles will be added back in to version 4.00+? I've just been holding off on the new version due to that fact. And thanks for all the hard work!

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
Hey Achilles. Is there any word on when the in game cpu toggles will be added back in to version 4.00+? I've just been holding off on the new version due to that fact. And thanks for all the hard work!
just get both versions, thats what i did, i got both on my sd card n jus pick which one i want to play
at that point in time (including the world famous DJZMade mod)

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
When I tried to play this it got rid of my A, B, Z, X, and Y buttons and even after re binding them they wont work on any game on my emulator! Why is this?

Majora In A Fedora

Smash Rookie
I have followed Hectohertz's wii modding guide, however, when I try to open my 20XX Iso in Dios Mios, it runs the game I have in the disk drive. Anybody have any idea why, and how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
It's the smallest of details but I know absolutely no one who plays with rumble on so I decided to tweak the menu icon for it.

Maybe in the next build? It's the small things that count lol

MnMaAll.usd_0x8a700_0.png

Majora In A Fedora

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated...I can't seem to find it though. My b found it. Edit 2: ok, it's in colour now, but it still opens what's in the disk drive.

Last edited:

Koov

Smash Rookie
Is there anywhere to install 20XX v3.02? 4.05 is nice but I really want to practice my tech skill on infinite shields and other stuff.

Instapantsman[IPM]

Smash Rookie
Hi,
I want to run 20XX on mac.
I downloaded GCR and found the "root" file of 20XX. But it said it wasn't a gamecube image. The imgur guide doesn't go into detail on this part so I'm kinda stuck. Please note that I'm not really that hardcore into computers.

(20XX 4.05 wasn't recognised as a folder. So I simply dragged the root files into the downloads section so i could find it.)

Edit: I downloaded an older version of gcr(v1.0) which does recognise the 20XX pack yet it is a folder, and so is the root file. And because of the root file being a folder i can't open it in gcr(v1.0)

Please help me bro/sis

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Hi,
I want to run 20XX on mac.
I downloaded GCR and found the "root" file of 20XX. But it said it wasn't a gamecube image. The imgur guide doesn't go into detail on this part so I'm kinda stuck. Please note that I'm not really that hardcore into computers.

(20XX 4.05 wasn't recognised as a folder. So I simply dragged the root files into the downloads section so i could find it.)

Edit: I downloaded an older version of gcr(v1.0) which does recognise the 20XX pack yet it is a folder, and so is the root file. And because of the root file being a folder i can't open it in gcr(v1.0)

Please help me bro/sis
Do you have the Dolphin emulator?

Instapantsman[IPM]

Smash Rookie
Alright so i just read the READ ME file so that helped. I will remember to read every read.txt file from now on.
Now i have another question. Do i need a memory card to play 20XX? Im worried i have to because I'm stuck on the creating game data screen because i don't have a memory card

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Alright so i just read the READ ME file so that helped. I will remember to read every read.txt file from now on.
Now i have another question. Do i need a memory card to play 20XX? Im worried i have to because I'm stuck on the creating game data screen because i don't have a memory card
For 20XX, no. My 20XX on my computer always says something about memory card before I boot start playing, but you can ignore that.

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Stuck???????????

try rebuilding the iso again. Use the latest buiild of dolphin or the faster melee dolphin build.

Fire Shaddow

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm having an issue where I can't taunt, Nothing happens when I press up on the d-pad. However, if I have the in game codes toggled on, pressing up on the d-pad will make the character freeze in place. Any Help?

NEXmaniosis

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles, I was wondering if there's any way to make the cpu ALWAYS DI away 100% of the time when being thrown?
I've messed with the numbers in the directional influence menu of 20xx but can't seem to get it to stop doing random DI's.
I asked the same question a while ago but got no answer :(

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey Achilles, I was wondering if there's any way to make the cpu ALWAYS DI away 100% of the time when being thrown?
I've messed with the numbers in the directional influence menu of 20xx but can't seem to get it to stop doing random DI's.
I asked the same question a while ago but got no answer :(
Below statements only apply to when a character is DI'ing for the DamageFlyTop action state. Getting u-thrown is a good example of this, but it may not be the case for every character's u-throw.

1) Set CUSTOM IN/OUT DI CHANCE to 100.
--> 100% chance to use custom x-axis DI instead of regular decision DI (which is what you specify with the DIRECTIONAL INFLUENCE selection at the top of the menu).

2) Set CUSTOM INWARD DI CHANCE to 0.
--> when using custom x-axis DI, there will be a 0% chance to DI inward (inward = current facing direction). This means there will be a 100% to do the opposite of inward, which is outward (away from the facing direction).

3) specify the x-axis DI strength. Everything below 0.28 is dead zone and is the same as 0.

Some throws have interesting properties, like Marth's u-throw, which turn the thrown character around. In this case, you'd probably want to switch the CUSTOM INWARD DI CHANCE around because DI'ing inward would actually be like DI'ing away from Marth.

Last edited:

Majora In A Fedora

Smash Rookie
I've tried numerous times now to get Dios Mios to boot what is on my SD card (20xx Iso file), but it is still booting what is in my disk drive. Please can someone help me with this, this problem is rather frustrating, seeing as how I haven't been able to load 20xx on my wii yet at all, and I cannot seem to find a straight answer on google. I followed Hecto Hertz's guide given in the OP. Thanks, and sorry for asking more than once...

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I've tried numerous times now to get Dios Mios to boot what is on my SD card (20xx Iso file), but it is still booting what is in my disk drive. Please can someone help me with this, this problem is rather frustrating, seeing as how I haven't been able to load 20xx on my wii yet at all, and I cannot seem to find a straight answer on google. I followed Hecto Hertz's guide given in the OP. Thanks, and sorry for asking more than once...
Perhaps you have the wrong version of Dios Mios? I don't really know, just guessing.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Ditch DIOS MIOS, it's buggy, outdated, and overwrites system files.
Nintendont is superior in pretty much every way.

Majora In A Fedora

Smash Rookie
Am I supposed to replace Dios Mios with the original WAD file that I failed to back up? Or can I just download Nintendont (from where?) and keep dios mios. The version of Dios Mios I am using is the one provided in HectoHertz's wii modding guide.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm having an issue where I can't taunt, Nothing happens when I press up on the d-pad. However, if I have the in game codes toggled on, pressing up on the d-pad will make the character freeze in place. Any Help?
Turn off Frame Counter in the Debug Menu in the "Practice" Section

Another question: Could someone please help me find/link me to the 3.02 build of File Replacements. I really need the P2 Action Codes to work. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Inatos

Smash Rookie
Hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is there way to save the changes for setting CPU behaviour after restart? I only want to have P2 set to alt normal upon startup. I don't mind jumping into the code to do this, I just need to know where to look.

On a related note, does CPU lv (1 - 9) change how the default AI behaves?

Thank you very much for a great tool.

c4ll me co4ch

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-4093-1228
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm struggling to get CPUs to stand in shield on 4.05. I've tried the "d-pad down -> L+dpad up" trick most guides are mentioning (Which is presumably for 3.02?) but have also tried most other combinations I can think of. I've tried to alter the vs melee player flags but when I get past Jump an error pops up saying "Invalid read from 0x3c4745e, PC = 0x80302ce8" (I'm on dolphin). Not sure what I'm not doing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:

Am I...just an idiot and it's supposed to be done in training mode, not Regular Match…?

Last edited:

Uzzi

Smash Cadet
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm struggling to get CPUs to stand in shield on 4.05. I've tried the "d-pad down -> L+dpad up" trick most guides are mentioning (Which is presumably for 3.02?) but have also tried most other combinations I can think of. I've tried to alter the vs melee player flags but when I get past Jump an error pops up saying "Invalid read from 0x3c4745e, PC = 0x80302ce8" (I'm on dolphin). Not sure what I'm not doing so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:

Am I...just an idiot and it's supposed to be done in training mode, not Regular Match…?
Shield toggles aren't available in 4.05, you would have to use 3.02. If you only want to practice timing attacks on shield you can make player 2 invincible, but I think thats about it

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti

BoneR96

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anyone can help me with this, but I just grabbed the 4.05 version and it boots up great on my wii, but one of my controllers is missing it's right spring, and going into the debug menu confirmed that the game thinks the trigger is fully depressed when not clicked in. This springless trigger usually just removes the ability to light shield with said trigger, but now in game I am always holding down shield. It never did this with 4.00 20xx and doesn't do it in PM, anyone have any idea?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is there way to save the changes for setting CPU behaviour after restart? I only want to have P2 set to alt normal upon startup. I don't mind jumping into the code to do this, I just need to know where to look.

On a related note, does CPU lv (1 - 9) change how the default AI behaves?

Thank you very much for a great tool.
It basically doesn't matter, but there are times where my custom AI code is "switched off" and the vanilla CPU's inputs [for given CPU Lvl] are used - but very rarely on the ground for attacking. So it matters only a little, currently. It will affect them next release.

Since you offered:
Go to the "Melee Codes" subforum and go to the "Guides" stickied thread by Dan Salvato and watch his video series about Wii/GC Game Modding. Continue to watch the entire thing. Afterward, launch Dolphin in Debug Mode. Use Cheat Search to find the address for P2's CPU Type (first CPU type in the list should be a 32-bit int = 0x00000000, the next CPU type will be = 0x00000001, = 0x00000002, etc.). The address should start with 0x803f....

Once you have the RAM address, use Melee Code Manager --> Tools tab to convert the RAM address to a DOL (v1.02) address. Extract out/open up your 20XX 4.05 DOL to this address. Change it to the CPU type enum value you desire, then save and import back into your ISO.
Let me know how it goes.

(I thought I posted this yesterday, and just noticed it was still sitting here as a draft. Sorry.)

Not sure if anyone can help me with this, but I just grabbed the 4.05 version and it boots up great on my wii, but one of my controllers is missing it's right spring, and going into the debug menu confirmed that the game thinks the trigger is fully depressed when not clicked in. This springless trigger usually just removes the ability to light shield with said trigger, but now in game I am always holding down shield. It never did this with 4.00 20xx and doesn't do it in PM, anyone have any idea?
Are you using Nintendont? If so, is Native Control set to ON? What happens when you recalibrate the controller with X+Y+Start for 3 secs? It should function the exact same as vanilla Melee.

Top Bottom