• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
No. I mean, I have an ISO of 20XXTE. Is it possible to have the music-related stuff imported into the 20XXTE ISO(like the music playlist for stages and menus)?
As far as I know, there is are no 20XXTE iso, it uses a memory card to load data. I am unqualified to answer your question, but I would say I think it is unlikely anybody has found a way to add music using a memory card.

UltraRetroReviver

Smash Rookie
As far as I know, there is are no 20XXTE iso, it uses a memory card to load data. I am unqualified to answer your question, but I would say I think it is unlikely anybody has found a way to add music using a memory card.
You're right on that actually. I completely forgot that 20XXTE used a memory card to load up. Sorry for the confusion.
Is it possible to create music playlists using a vanilla Melee ISO, then? I tried copying over the music folder and McSlChr.usd, but that didn't work.

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
You're right on that actually. I completely forgot that 20XXTE used a memory card to load up. Sorry for the confusion.
Is it possible to create music playlists using a vanilla Melee ISO, then? I tried copying over the music folder and McSlChr.usd, but that didn't work.
I doubt it is possible to add music to vanilla Melee, just swap. You can add music, but it would go over old music, and I doubt you can make a playlist, as these seem to be features Achilles added.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
why can't we just do like pm and have a 800mb save file?
Because P:M didn't have an 800MB save file. It was sideloading off the SD card with an exploit. Gamecubes can support SD cards, but it's tedious and less available than memory cards. Plus, memory cards go up to like a max of 500MB now, on top of the fact that in order to do save file exploits and such, we have to swap the blocks of memory in and out when we run out of the available space in the memory card region. Which is both tedious to create and use.

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
Because P:M didn't have an 800MB save file. It was sideloading off the SD card with an exploit. Gamecubes can support SD cards, but it's tedious and less available than memory cards. Plus, memory cards go up to like a max of 500MB now, on top of the fact that in order to do save file exploits and such, we have to swap the blocks of memory in and out when we run out of the available space in the memory card region. Which is both tedious to create and use.
what if we just played melee on moded wiis?

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
what if we just played melee on moded wiis?
Still doesn't fix the block swap issue. The best we can do is use the 6MB spare with Nintendont, or have a rewritten/modded version with less space usage that would probably get us up 62MB. Dolphin can circumvent this entirely, but it's never going to happen for consoles.

Jedinagol

Smash Rookie
So I have the latest version of 20XX. Recently I watched m2k do the ganondorf challenge and I was wondering how you set a damage ratio-type handicap like in that challenge, because the only handicap options I can find are stock control.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 what is the hps for the debug menu song?
00.hps

So I have the latest version of 20XX. Recently I watched m2k do the ganondorf challenge and I was wondering how you set a damage ratio-type handicap like in that challenge, because the only handicap options I can find are stock control.
Debug Menu --> General Codes --> Player Flags
Change the offense/defense(damage) ratios.

SyphoV2

Smash Cadet
NNID
SyphoV2
3DS FC
1504-5926-1350
Hello. I would like some help. Is Marth's Red R-alt Dante from Devil May Cry?

Zumbach

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1736-1505-4150
Hey

I have an idea.

Not sure of the logistics, but what if we setup a server for those who are using homebrew?Like wiimmfi. So that we can play netplay via the processing power of the Wii, more convient :falcomelee:

Last edited:

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Hey

I have an idea.

Not sure of the logistics, but what if we setup a server for those who are using homebrew?Like wiimmfi. So that we can play netplay via the processing power of the Wii, more convient :falcomelee:
One reason that wiimmfi works is that the games that support it used wifi. Melee was never programmed as an online game so it won't work. However, iirc MrBean35000vr and Chadderz was working on a netplay method that worked on wii and also said gamecube games worked on it. There's a demo of it working for new smb wii somewhere on youtube. I'm not sure on the status of the project, but last time I checked he said it was buggy, this was a while back.

Correct me if I'm wrong people.

edit: Found video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5g2TGcr5_o

Last edited:

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
During endless friendlies in 4.05, I never change to my selected characters. Does anyone know a fix or if it's a bug?

Kalebsanders007

Smash Rookie
Just dragging and dropping the Melee ISO to the .bat file does initiate the process, I just cannot get the ISO to show up in Nintendont

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Hello. I would like some help. Is Marth's Red R-alt Dante from Devil May Cry?
The only name we have for it is "Grey Hair", and I don't even know who made it. It's a pretty old one. Looking in the file, there are these textures:
PlMsRe.dat   Ketella_0x24580_14.png PlMsRe.dat   Ketella_0x27200_14.png PlMsRe.dat_0x61320_14.png
Kinda hard to read, but I think they say Ketella, and solak. Neither seem to be users here. Don't know if one might be a character from a a game/book/movie. And I don't recognize the insignia.

Well, I tried. :p

Will there be another update?
I'm sure there will be. But when that happens will be up to Achilles, and there's no ETA at the moment. There are things in the works though. ^_^

CSTL!?

Smash Cadet
is there any way to make it so that cpu can hold shield?
You'd need to get an older version of 20XX. 3.02 has all of the CPU codes. 4.05 currently does not. I'm sure there is a download link floating around somewhere.

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 where is the free space to inject codes ? i remember at one point i found out how to do it, but then i forgot /: all i wanna do is inject the code to pick the same skin and disable the GFX so hitboxes can display clearly. TY!!!!

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Is there any way to change the name of the Battlefields in the 20XX menu? I have different skins over them and would like to be able to change the names to fit. Like "Christmas" instead of "Ancient" for example

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is there any way to change the name of the Battlefields in the 20XX menu? I have different skins over them and would like to be able to change the names to fit. Like "Christmas" instead of "Ancient" for example
Capture.PNG

There are 5 options in the Debug Menu that need strings associated with them. The pointers to these strings are highlighted above.

Ex. DEFAULT is the first option. The "DEFAULT" string starts at 0x3ab270 in the MnSlChr file. Take this offset and add 0x80bec720 to it (just treat this number like a constant --> always add this value). 0x80bec720 + 0x3ab720 = 0x80f97990, which is the first pointer highlighted.

A string must end in 0x00. You can safely use that "unused" space above if you want to put a string there and then change the string pointer to it.

Notice how I had plans to add texture options for other stages (FD options were right underneath). I just never got around to actually writing the code to control the file switching. Maybe in the next 20XX.
@NS23

Victini_mage66

Smash Rookie
its mostly the same i just changed some of the skins around it was working fine before but my dolphins memory card was corrupted and so i had to delete the save files on it and when i tried to reload 20xx it did the japaneese thing

Imbaked

Smash Rookie
So how am I able to add alternate stages to use in the debug menu? I am only able to change battlefield

Last edited:

Jadelocked

Smash Rookie
Merry Christmas!
This guide was very helpful!
Umm... I still have a few questions I couldn't find the answers to. I would really appreciate anyone's help.

I have never played an iso on a hacked wii. In the past week I have slowly been figuring all this out. I got my vanilla wii to do priiloader boot direct to homebrew, that was crazy.

But now I'm on windows trying to get the 20xx iso.
I downloaded the 4.05 zip that it says has all the files that GCRebuilder needs in order to do the stuff.
So I run the root open thing, and it says I don't have this file Vi0102.dat
I'm guessing that has something to do with melee version 1.02?
I re-downloaded 4.05 and unpacked it again and searched for that file but it's not there.

So if you're gonna tell me that I do need the 1.02 then I was wondering if I could do the usbloaderGX thing and get a file from my melee disc when it is delivered next week (I wanted it anyways).
Is that possible and what would the difference in installation of 20xx be?

Umm...
Thanks!

Top Bottom