• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Does anybody know a way to build an iso larger than 1.35 gb like 1.7gb? gcr limits the iso to a certain size.
GCR has a limit due to the fact Gamecubes max out at 1.5GB discs. Plus, some loaders like Nintendont will crash, as will Dolphin past a certain point. Dios Mios doesn't, according to Achilles.

To answer your question, I think it was done by maxing it build its own TOC or using a different image rebuilder.

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
GCR has a limit due to the fact Gamecubes max out at 1.5GB discs. Plus, some loaders like Nintendont will crash, as will Dolphin past a certain point. Dios Mios doesn't, according to Achilles.

To answer your question, I think it was done by maxing it build its own TOC or using a different image rebuilder.
Do you know of another image rebuilder?

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
When 3D Mr. Game & Watch will become available as an alternate costume in 20XX? I wonder why this hasn't been done yet.

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Sins, see this post and the comment right after. It might be more of a factor of what homebrew loader you are using, rather than Dios Mios itself (Dios Mios Booter worked, but CFG Loader did not). That post pretty much encompasses the entirety of my testing, though.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Sins, see this post and the comment right after. It might be more of a factor of what homebrew loader you are using, rather than Dios Mios itself (Dios Mios Booter worked, but CFG Loader did not). That post pretty much encompasses the entirety of my testing, though.
Yeah, I remembered it somewhat. It's a loader issue, because of Nintendont booting in Wii mode but using most of the Wii's additional memory for its own kernel. Dolphin has an issue with ARAM if you go past the limits, I believe, and I have no idea what Dios Mios does. CFG Loader probably has a hard limit coded into it, regardless of that loader you're actually using.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
any ETA Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ?
And what are some of the major changes for the next patch?

Is advanced recovery coming for more characters?
Will Fox and Falco gain even more recovery options?

Will Load State work globally? (No more platform issues and angel-platform crashes)

Will we have multiple CPU neutral behavior options?

Can we disable angel platforms/invincibility in practice mode?

More DI options for CPU? Crouch Cancel? SDI jab resets?
Power Shield lasers WD out?
SHL? SHDL?
Double laser from ledge?

Last edited:

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
Thanks alot for creating this amazing mod. I can finally train now when my friends are tired of playing against me :)

I have a couple of questions, though.

In 4.05, the cpu's are wavedashing, dashdancing, l-cancelling etc. and that's good for practicing. But I also used to practice combo's by fighting level 3 cpu's in vanilla ssbm. Is it possible to change the cpu's behaviour to turn off their amazing tech skill?

Also, will there ever be replays in the 20xx hack pack like there is in the 20xx te? That would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!
Tipsi

EDIT: Removed 1 question because I already found the answer.
Dan Salvato said that he would upload the source code a few months ago, but never did.

DeathangelQ

Smash Rookie
It would be nice to get a short hop laser toggle for cpu falco that would use random laser heights. I need that powershielding practice.
Or shine immediately out of hitstun for practicing chaingrabs without the ai randomly freaking out in neutral. :marthmelee:

MrFluffaWuffakin

Smash Rookie
I'm having an issue switching back to 20xx from 20xte. I tried to get 20xte for my wii and mistakenly had 1.00 version of melee. Doing the memory card mod made my homebrew channel only feature 20xte (GCMM) so I can't go into dios mios and choose 20xx. Even when I delete the files on my sd card it still only has 20xte. Anyone else have or have the answer to this issue?

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I'm having an issue switching back to 20xx from 20xte. I tried to get 20xte for my wii and mistakenly had 1.00 version of melee. Doing the memory card mod made my homebrew channel only feature 20xte (GCMM) so I can't go into dios mios and choose 20xx. Even when I delete the files on my sd card it still only has 20xte. Anyone else have or have the answer to this issue?
What is in your apps folder?

z8h

Smash Rookie

Achilles, I'm trying to replace the SD remix files in 20XX with different character mod files. Do you know the names of the files I'd need to replace?

Krusteaz

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, I'm trying to replace the SD remix files in 20XX with different character mod files. Do you know the names of the files I'd need to replace?
Instead of replacing/editing a character's .dat file look for their Plxx.sat

That's their SD Remix stuff, the Plxx.pat is for PAL

whims

Smash Apprentice
is there anyone decently experienced with gamecube asm code (specifically gecko codes) and with some spare time who could tell me why a specific code isn't working? i'm in the process of troubleshooting but i started doing this yesterday so i have a feeling i 1) have the base idea of how to do it wrong or 2) am missing something very simple

alternatively, can someone direct me to a thread where someone probably would be able to help? i appreciate it

Achilles1515

Smash Master
any ETA Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ?
And what are some of the major changes for the next patch?

Is advanced recovery coming for more characters?
Will Fox and Falco gain even more recovery options?

Will Load State work globally? (No more platform issues and angel-platform crashes)

Will we have multiple CPU neutral behavior options?

Can we disable angel platforms/invincibility in practice mode?

More DI options for CPU? Crouch Cancel? SDI jab resets?
Power Shield lasers WD out?
SHL? SHDL?
Double laser from ledge?
Unfortunately no ETA. And definitely not anytime before Zankyou releases the new imports he has been working on (not saying this in a way like putting pressure on him, it just seems like he is getting close with multiple things and I love stages). There is a lot to do.

I know I briefly showed this one to you guys earlier.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Might not be the most exciting feature to you guys, but I'm quite proud of it and I learned a lot while doing so. It is quite handy.

Recovery for more characters - probably not.
Load state - I started working on a better version of this a couple months ago, but it is not stable atm and I haven't done anything with it recently.
CPU neutral behavior options - yes, there will be some. I recently added toggles for defense/offense propensity.
Revival platforms - are you talking about Training Mode?
And idk about the other CPU stuff.

Last edited:

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
I installed this for the first time, everything is fine except for most non-SSBM music. Whenever I preview or play them on stage/menu, it either stops, repeats a second of it, and/or creates static noises.

Does anyone have this issue?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Yes Training Mode (I often mix up the names).
Since the CPU doesn't do anything in Training Mode, and as you know, if you load state at the moment they enter the blast zone they will respawn vulnerable (no invincibility nor Revival Platforms), I thought you could force that to happen every time with code.
It would indeed be a small QoL change, but I might as well ask for it.

While you add toggles for the CPU neutral behavior you might want to add a Vanilla option too (many people seem to ask for this - or at least a more relaxed behavior option).

The memory card write function looks cool. Thanks for that!
Shame it doesn't seem to work for PAL

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I installed this for the first time, everything is fine except for most non-SSBM music. Whenever I preview or play them on stage/menu, it either stops, repeats a second of it, and/or creates static noises.

Does anyone have this issue?
I haven't had that issue, I am assuming this is music that came in 20XX and not added later. Although some people say Nintendont isn't as good with the music as Dios Mios is, idk.

DRGN

Technowizard
Yeah, I remembered it somewhat. It's a loader issue, because of Nintendont booting in Wii mode but using most of the Wii's additional memory for its own kernel. Dolphin has an issue with ARAM if you go past the limits, I believe, and I have no idea what Dios Mios does. CFG Loader probably has a hard limit coded into it, regardless of that loader you're actually using.
DTW doesn't have a size limit, so it can create an ISO of a larger than normal size if you were to import a file that's larger than the original. It doesn't have features to add/remove files or extract/build ISOs mostly because they haven't really seemed needed, and no one has requested them. If I did add such functions I could see them being easier/quicker than using GCR though. Several less steps, and no need to fiddle with the 'ignore toc' option which just confuses some people (I see its use, but it's really not much of a gain). Being able to add or replace multiple files at once without rebuilding would be pretty useful though.

Sins, do you know where the kernel is loaded to memory, or how much space Nintendont allows for an ISO? I should add a warning in DTW if an ISO is created larger than that.

Also, next time I work on it I'm going to start adding checks like seeing whether a MnSlChr file is meant for a standard ISO, or one of the 20XX versions, and warn the user appropriately, since a lot of people have run into confusion regarding that. If you guys think of other things that could help in similar ways, let me know.

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Sins, do you know where the kernel is loaded to memory, or how much space Nintendont allows for an ISO? I should add a warning in DTW if an ISO is created larger than that.
Nintendont uses the entire 0x90000000 - 0x94000000 address space, so it would be physically impossible since you can't decide where and how it loads the ISO. It's intentionally designed for vanilla GC discs.

Misa

Smash Rookie
If you're like me and use Swiss on a Gamecube to play 20XXTE/backups, or you play alot of different region games and want to use as few real memory cards as possible, or you have problems getting a signal on your TV and your loader's settings doesn't seem to help... Then this might help.
I stumbled upon this way back and recently came to the realisation what people might not know this exists.

This is a way to change regions on Gamecube ISOs.
It's a small windows application that patches an ISO to a specific region, with 'not-100%' compatibility, but it works with Melee and 20XXHP.
This can be used to, of course, change the region of Melee or any Melee-mod to either NTSC, NTSC-J or PAL. Since gamecube saves are somewhat region-locked, I personally use this to play 20XXTE and some japanese games on my PAL cube using only one pair of memory cards. This also helped me get a signal on some older CRT TVs at venues and some friends' houses that doesn't support NTSC signal as I live in Europe.

Use:
Open 'ppf-o-matic3.exe'
Select ISO of the game you'd like to patch.
Select the Patch with the corresponding Region you would like the game to be patched to.
Press Apply
Warnings and Notices of Failure pops up now and then, just proceed through them.

Download link: http://depositfiles.com/files/mfhtb0q0h

The only post I could fine that still hosts this method
http://128bit.me/index.php?topic=27890.0

Tell me if I missed anything...

Unfortunately no ETA. And definitely not anytime before Zankyou releases the new imports he has been working on (not saying this in a way like putting pressure on him, it just seems like he is getting close with multiple things and I love stages). There is a lot to do.

I know I briefly showed this one to you guys earlier.

View attachment 115195

View attachment 115194

Might not be the most exciting feature to you guys, but I'm quite proud of it and I learned a lot while doing so. It is quite handy.

Recovery for more characters - probably not.
Load state - I started working on a better version of this a couple months ago, but it is not stable atm and I haven't done anything with it recently.
CPU neutral behavior options - yes, there will be some. I recently added toggles for defense/offense propensity.
Revival platforms - are you talking about Training Mode?
And idk about the other CPU stuff.
Would it be possible to request for 100% save files (PAL and NTSC-J) as well as 20XXTE (NTSC-J) to be added to that menu? I'm sure the european scene as well as the japanese one would love it, as we all are frequent users of the HP as well!
Thanks!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Would it be possible to request for 100% save files (PAL and NTSC-J) as well as 20XXTE (NTSC-J) to be added to that menu? I'm sure the european scene as well as the japanese one would love it, as we all are frequent users of the HP as well!
Thanks!
I haven’t found a way to do this yet, and briefly performed some tests a few months ago with no success. As you can imagine, a memory card save has an associated filename as well as a GameID to use as identifiers. The filename can easily be changed, but I’m not sure about the Game ID (which is why I stated in the picture of the memory card management Debug Menu page that a GALE01 ID is needed for your 20XX Hack Pack ISO in order for the saves to be associated with GALE01 aka vanilla Melee). My prior tests tried changing the GALE01 strings in the RAM before saving to see if it changed the GameID for the save file, but it did not. I might try again now that I know a little more about the saving process. Not to mention any other regional saving differences that I am unaware of that could cause problems.

Last edited:

Misa

Smash Rookie
I haven’t found a way to do this yet, and briefly performed some tests a few months ago with no success. As you can imagine, a memory card save has an associated filename as well as a GameID to use as identifiers. The filename can easily be changed, but I’m not sure about the Game ID (which is why I stated in the picture of the memory card management Debug Menu page that a GALE01 ID is needed for your 20XX Hack Pack ISO in order for the saves to be associated with GALE01 aka vanilla Melee). My prior tests tried changing the GALE01 strings in the RAM before saving to see if it changed the GameID for the save file, but it did not. I might try again now that I know a little more about the saving process. Not to mention any other regional saving differences that I am unaware of that could cause problems.
I see, it seems more troublesome that I imagined. And yes the files have slight differences to them, can't say for NTSC-J (which I think is basically unchanged, with the expection of the banner and ID, if I remember correctly what Dan told me a while back) but the PAL one is rather different, haven't looked into it more than changing GAMEID to see it didn't work. Ofc, ideally, it would be great if 20XXHP could just copy gci files from on-disc (ISO) to memcard much like GCMM does it. I unfortunaly don't have the programming skills to implement a function of that caliber.
Needless to say, thanks for your continued hard work!

Stenaven

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stenaven
Hey so I have 20XX and on the Stage Select Screen only the competitive stages show up, and I cannot move my cursor. It does the same thing on a regular Melee iso. It does this on the newest Dolhpin 5.0 patch.

It worked fine on Dolphin 4.0. All the stages were there and 20XX worked perfectly. I don't know what is different about Dolphin 5.0 thats making it do this.

I've googled and searched for my problem, but have found nothing on reddit or on here.

Please help, and thanks for your time.

I'm also using dolphin 5.0 and I've just saved the file to my desktop and rebuilt the image yatta yatta yatta. What do I do now? Is it something to do with the memcard manager? Because the file that I saved just doesn't show up anywhere in the configuration or memcard managers in dolphin. I'm almost certain I'm doing something wrong, but there are no guides for how to bring the ISO into dolphin Melee. They all talk about burning onto a Gamecube disk..... I have no clue what to do. Thanks in advance.

(Edit: I'm generally clueless about all things software, so sorry if it's really obvious and I'm wasting your time.)

Last edited:

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Hey so I have 20XX and on the Stage Select Screen only the competitive stages show up, and I cannot move my cursor. It does the same thing on a regular Melee iso. It does this on the newest Dolhpin 5.0 patch.

It worked fine on Dolphin 4.0. All the stages were there and 20XX worked perfectly. I don't know what is different about Dolphin 5.0 thats making it do this.

I've googled and searched for my problem, but have found nothing on reddit or on here.

Please help, and thanks for your time.

Your 20XX iso has the same game ID as the normal melee iso. You're playing with netplay community settings turned on in the gecko code list, which causes 20XX to glitch out

You can either go to property and uncheck netplay community settings(but you'll have to do that each time to play netplay) or download a hex editor like HxD, open the iso with it and change "GALE01" to something else like "GALEXX" to make a difference between standard melee and this one.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
For next version, Pl__.pat (PAL) characters will have their own dedicated frame speed mod (FSM) list location, for use if you want to use a different set of custom characters than the PAL alts.

I also added a 4th Stage Select Screen, that I don't plan on touching, for custom modding.

Achilles1515 Achilles1515

is it possible to make the controller vibrate when you're in certain action states??

Like maybe for wait, hitlag, or turn?
It should definitely be doable, but not something I plan to implement right now.

Last edited:

Hyldago

Smash Rookie
Both NTSC and PAL versions of Bowser can perform a flame cancel. Not sure if this was mentioned already but I didn't see any other comments about it.

bubblesnovascotia

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm 100 % new to the community and I don't know how to start a thread, so sorry for doing this here. I have a problem with getting 20xx on my sd card. I have HBC and the four uploader things on the wii as well. But my problem right now is after I unzip the 20xx file, and drag the games folder within it to my SD card it gives a notification "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “game.iso” can’t be read or written."

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Hey, I'm 100 % new to the community and I don't know how to start a thread, so sorry for doing this here. I have a problem with getting 20xx on my sd card. I have HBC and the four uploader things on the wii as well. But my problem right now is after I unzip the 20xx file, and drag the games folder within it to my SD card it gives a notification "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “game.iso” can’t be read or written."
What 20xx file? Did you just download 20xx and rebuild using gcr?

Top Bottom