• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THC5 - TAJ Has Cash

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Doubles:
1: W33D the People (TAJ + Wobbles) ($50)
2: Alpha Formation (AXE + Tai) ($50)
3: Plenip (GG7 + Jetfour)
4: Clam Slam (TAG + Silly Kyle)
5: Revenge of a Taco (Oksas + Frosty)
5: Generic Team #3 (GEM + Zach)
7: Cuatro Puppy (Chris + Greg)
7: Project Runway (AppleApple + Dr. R)
9: The Dream Team (Mike + Avenger)
9: Doctor, doctor, give me the news (Alex + Tennyson)

Singles:
1: Axe ($66)
2: Silly Kyle ($33)
3: GG7 ($11)
4: TAI
5: Frosty
5: Tag
7: Max
7: Oksas
9: GEM
9: Dredd
9: Scythe
9: ForteFreak
13: Dr. R
13: K9
13: Link
13: RoadKill
17: Zman
17: Vince
17: Avenger
17: RPM
17: Mike
25: AppleApple

Hot Hands:
0: TAJ
1: Frosty ($150 headset)
2: K9
3: Axe
3: Tai
5: Dr. R
5: Neha
5: AppleApple
5: Greg
9: Tag
9: Zach
9: Oksas
9: GEM

AppleAppleAZ

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts :)

3: Plenip (GG7 + Jetfour) - falcon ****.
5: Generic Team #3 (GEM + Zach) - ggs
9: The Dream Team (Mike + Avenger) - ggs
9: Doctor, doctor, give me the news (Alex + Tennyson) -ggs

1: Axe ($66) - good stuff as always
2: Silly Kyle ($33) - good stuff vs gg7
3: GG7 ($11) - Goodbye.
4: TAI - Your Marth always brings the hype
5: Tag - thanks for the friendlies
7: Oksas - thanks for the money match
9: GEM - We need to do the G.S.T.L.A.B. at the next ASU weeklies
9: Scythe - I like your mewtwo, thanks for the friendlies
9: ForteFreak - porque sheik?, ggs
13: Dr. R - team more pls.
13: K9 - You are good at hot hands and Brawl
13: Link - ggs
17: Vince - PM was fun, along with the other guy whose tag I always forget
17: Mike - good stuff Mike, hope to see you more.
25: AppleApple - lol zelda.
Old Spice Guy (I don't know your tag, sorry) - I'm glad you are okay, thanks for coming back and beating me lol

If I left you out we probably didn't play :'(

Thanks to the Melee after hours crew, and especially Taj for hosting. I had a great time.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Dr. R, K9, and ForteFreak. Good stuff on your placings. :)

Oksas, come train with me for a week and you'll start getting 5th.* :)

Nice to see Max doing consistently well despite not playing much.

*zman, you too. Practice Melee more! It'll carry over to P:M.

Good stuff y'all. Hope you enjoyed yourselves.

oksas

oak-sauce
max plays weekly with gg7 so he gets more practice than you think

all my videos are uploading. not many of them but keep an eye out for a manly doubles set on mute city, big blue and poke floats

Linksbro

Smash Rookie
thanks everyone!
it was a great first tournament for me. I hope to continue to improve and go to more of these in the future!

AXE 09

Smash Master
This tourney was beast!

Kyle's Peach was sexy as henTai

GG7 is the MAN

Hot hands was hype as heck lol

I had a great time :) Thank you everyone for coming, and thank you Taj for being awesome as always and for hosting!

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Do you have my tournament set against ForteFreak by any chance Oksas? I want to see what I did poorly. I was Marth, he was Shiek, all three matches were on Battlefield.

I had a lot of fun at this tournament, despite choking really hard and under performing in-tourney. To the seniors from Chaparral who were going to their first tournament, I hope to see you guys again at future tournaments.

oksas

oak-sauce
doesn't look like i have it avenger :\ not everything on that tv was recorded... i stopped recording in between matches when i could so that i didn't have to sift through down time later. i guess i should show everyone how to use virtual dub just in case next time

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
doesn't look like i have it avenger :\ not everything on that tv was recorded... i stopped recording in between matches when i could so that i didn't have to sift through down time later. i guess i should show everyone how to use virtual dub just in case next time
That's how I feel all the time. Everyone's like, "Yo, did you get my recording?" I mean, like...it'd be cool if we could just throw the 12 hour recording into a program and it extracts everyone's matches and correctly guesses who was playing.***

Basically it's super simple to set up the recording, y'all. :)

1. Press F2.
2. Type in the name of the file (e.g. Tai vs Taj).
3. Press Enter.
4. Press F5 or F6. (They are both the same command in VirtualDub)
5. Make sure it says "(capture in progress)".
6. 4-stock your opponent twice, 2-0, gg noob.*
7. When your set is finished, press the Esc key to stop the recording.
8. Make sure it says "[FILE EXISTS]".
9. Press F2, set a dummy title, and press Enter.**

*Optional
**This isn't necessary, but it ensures you don't have your recording overwritten.
***Even if we did record a huge block and then sifted through the recording while figuring out who the heck was playing each set and what was tourney and what wasn't, we'd still be able to put up the videos faster than Bifuteki.

Dredd

Smash Rookie
Really fun tournament, thanks for hosting, and great sets everyone!

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Shout-outs
0: Taj Join singles so I don't almost forget your shoutouts -.- Yo hands is supa hot fiyah. Thanks for running the tournament!
0: Wobbles No nap johns, I almost forgot your shoutouts! Your Tai puns were positively glorious. I'll remember your advice about handling emergency situations.
1: Axe I was honored to play the first official Super Tier List Adventure Bonanza with you sir. Congrats on the tournament win; continue to be awesome.
2: Silly Kyle My condolences on Armada's retirement. May your Peach ever be fabulous.
3: GG7 FALLCON KYICK!!!
4: TAI I got pretty hype during your matches. And even more hype when we made all those Tai puns.
5: Frosty Your steely glare pierces my soul. And I never even played you in hot hands.
5: Tag You adapted so fast, it was ridiculous. I 2-stocked you in match 1 then you 3-stocked me in match 2. How does that happen?! GGs
7: Max I need to play you more next time, our matches were close and they were fun too.
7: Oksas Really fun friendlies, GGs.
9: GEM You suck
9: Dredd Definitely didn't play or even talk to you at all this tourney...whatever, we can play on a weekly basis anyway.
9: Scythe Same as Martin, probably for the best that we played other people since we play every week.
13: Dr. R GGs, thanks for giving the GSTLAB a go with me =)
13: K9 Yeah, you f***ed me up in hot hands o.o
13: RoadKill Your Peach is really solid in teams. Hope to see you guys again sometime!
17: Vince Thanks for recording stuff so I didn't have to! My phone sucks :D
17: Avenger Good games. Keep on showing up, playing a variety of people, and learning intentionally.
25: AppleApple ...well at least your Zelda did better in teams...lol jk, thanks for being one of the inaugural GSTLAB players and for your contributions to its name.
Zach: It was fun teaming with your Spamus! I'm glad you're not dead. Please don't do that again, because YOLO.

Neha: Yo hands so hot dey had to ban dem. Awwww sheeit. #taipuns
And now for the people whose names I don't know:
To that Falco player I played friendlies with upstairs: Very good, close games. That would have been hype in tournament.
To the Doctor Mario team: I got a BAD CASE of LOVIN' YOU #nohomo

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
I think it's scary that I've consistently gotten 9th place in every single tourney I've participated in (3 so far; 2 Smash weeklies).

Top Bottom