• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That's Right - Meowth for DLC

PF9

Smash Lord
Meowth should be a playable character, and so I think Meowth would be perfect DLC.

Who is Meowth?

Meowth is a cat-like creature from the Pokemon games that may be more notable for being the main antagonist Pokemon in the anime based on the games (as a member of Team Rocket), which is appropriate given that the main protagonist Pokemon, Ash's Pikachu, is a mouse (cat and mouse cartoons are very popular, I'm pretty sure many of you have watched Tom and Jerry at least once).

Meowth was rumored to have been considered for playable status for the first Smash but cut due to time constraints, but again, it was only a rumor. That doesn't mean Meowth wouldn't make a good playable character. I've seen many great battles between Meowth and Pikachu on TV, to see them duke it out in Smash would be a dream come true. Of course if Meowth as DLC happens it would probably be removed from the list of Pokeball summons upon download. Charizard has already been promoted from Pokeball summon to playable and I believe Meowth is ready to make that transition too.

Top Bottom