• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That New Based 64 Player

Draixen

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1435-6088-9054
What's up everyone! I made this account back when I was just playing 3DS Smash very poorly, and decided now's a better time then ever to go ahead and actually use it.

Just a little backstory of myself and how I started playing Smash:
So, as the title says, I've started to delve into the crevices of the competitive side of Smash 64 since I put down 3DS a couple months ago. My roommate has been playing 64 since it came out and I would play every now and then when I visited and just get stomped. But, since he lives and breathes Smash and plays it for hours on end daily, I decided I wanted to git gud. So, it's been a long road these past few months, but I've actually learned some cool stuff and can actually put up a good fight.
Another main reason for training and such is because he is going to Smash Con and wanted me to go with. And after hearing there were tournaments, it pushed me to practice day in and day out. So, here we are, playing Kirby for four hours or more a day between work.
I actually haven't been playing Smash long either. I used to play 64 like once a year at my family's New Year party as a kid, I only found out about Melee a couple of years ago, and I played Brawl for maybe a combined time of a few weeks after it came out. Needless to say, I'm hoping into this whole community pretty late, but I'm happy that I'm giving it a shot!
Feel free to hit me up anytime!

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
It's never late. Welcome to Smashboards. I'm like you. I play occasionally Smash 64 on a pc via emulator but I don't own it in real nor melee nor brawl I don't even have a Wii or WiiU either to play Smash U. Mine is Smash 3ds for my 2DS. Putting up a fight is a great feeling isn't it? I'm pretty bad but I'm way better now that I have played more online and I have some good friends I made here who have teach me and evaluated me. Of course the boards's members have been great helping me too. It might take time but you sure can improve. How nice you play Kirby. he's my main in the 64 version, a secondary in 3ds. Because 64 didn't have Zelda or Peach. I'm sure you will like the Smash world and also the boards. Good luck. Don't give up.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Better late, than never at all. Hope you enjoy the Smash community here, Draixen.

Draixen

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1435-6088-9054
It's never late. Welcome to Smashboards. I'm like you. I play occasionally Smash 64 on a pc via emulator but I don't own it in real... Putting up a fight is a great feeling isn't it? ...It might take time but you can improve. How nice you play Kirby. he's my main in the 64 version, a secondary in 3ds. I'm sure you will like the Smash world and also the boards. Good luck. Don't give up.
Thanks for the welcome! I just use my roommate's copy to practice and play, but I'm thinking about investing in a copy of my own. Not liking those based Ebay prices though, I collect games so I'm always looking for stuff way lower than Ebay average.
I've learned the advanced techniques needed for competitive play, and it she'd a whole new light on the game for me. It's hella fun!
I play Kirby, because as a kid I was like "Yeah! Six jumps! I'll never fall!!!1!1!! Heheheh!!!" So, I was just used to Kirby's moveset and after learning the techniques, it's crazy how well he flows for me. I used to main him in 3DS when I played heavily, but now I always play Zero Suit when I DO play Sm4sh.
Thanks for the motivation!

Welcome to Smashboards.
Thank ya!

Better late, than never at all. Hope you enjoy the Smash community here, Draixen.
Already feeling great about joining! Thanks for the welcome!

No problem! And just a heads up to avoid double/multi-posting in the future. I went ahead and merged your posts together, but yeah, just hit that "edit" button in case you ever want to reply to more people (or just edit your post in general) after you've already made a post. No biggie though.

Best of luck to you :shades:
Cool, thanks for the advic! Been awhile since I've been in a forum.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thanks for the welcome! I just use my roommate's copy to practice and play, but I'm thinking about investing in a copy of my own. Not liking those based Ebay prices though, I collect games so I'm always looking for stuff way lower than Ebay average.
I've learned the advanced techniques needed for competitive play, and it she'd a whole new light on the game for me. It's hella fun!
I play Kirby, because as a kid I was like "Yeah! Six jumps! I'll never fall!!!1!1!! Heheheh!!!" So, I was just used to Kirby's moveset and after learning the techniques, it's crazy how well he flows for me. I used to main him in 3DS when I played heavily, but now I always play Zero Suit when I DO play Sm4sh.
Thanks for the motivation!

Thank ya!

Already feeling great about joining! Thanks for the welcome!
No problem! And just a heads up to avoid double/multi-posting in the future. I went ahead and merged your posts together, but yeah, just hit that "edit" button in case you ever want to reply to more people (or just edit your post in general) after you've already made a post. No biggie though.

Best of luck to you :shades:

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
No problem. Always a good thing to motivate those new. They may carry the potential to be great smashers in the future. I'm sure you will learn fast. be sure to check important links in the main forum like the character threads and tournament or community sections. You can expand knowledge and find suitable fighters of all skills. Hope you have fun!

Top Bottom