• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thank you everyone for your incredible support. I'm extremely moved by it.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
(Espanol abajo). The past couple days have been like a dream to me. I've constantly slapped my face a little bit every day to confirm that I'm not actually sleeping and that all of this is real. I've received an enormous amount of support, beautiful words, encouragement and love from all over the world. I've been interviewed by TV Channels, radio stations, websites and all sorts of things. I've gotten a lot of doors open to me, which will allow me to grow my career. I'm extremely thankful that everything I've done for 10 years in competitive gaming, lead up to this. Every night that I didn't sleep trying to improve my game, all the things that I sold or hours that I worked to attend tournaments, all the days I spent networking and looking for opportunties and all the times that I kept pushing and pushing when things didn't look bright. That everything that I did, mattered. That every time I was on the verge of defeat, someone (My mom, my friends, or fans) would give me a new inspiration to keep going harder and harder. Now, it's all paying off, and it's all thanks to your continued support. My country, Chile, considers this to be a great honor, however, the honor is all mine since I'm very happy to know that they consider my win like that. I'm extremely honored, happy thankful for their support and how they see it. I just wanted to post here to thank everyone for their amazing support. I'm extremely moved by it, and it honestly brings tears to my eyes to receive so much support from you guys. It makes me so happy to know that I can live my dream after trying so much for so many years. I hope to continue in professional gaming when Smash 4 comes out. Here's on to another generation of Smash Brothers!!! I began doing this when I was 9 years old, I'm now 19. Things have changed, for sure, but this will always stay in my heart: My love for the series, Nintendo and the bright and awesome community it has.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estos últimos días han sido como un sueño para mí. Constantemente me he abofeteado la cara un poquito cada día para confirmar que de hecho no estoy durmiendo y que esto es real. He recibido una enorme cantidad de apoyo, hermosas palabras y amor a lo largo de todas partes del mundo. He sido entrevistado por canales de televisión, estaciones de radio, sitios web y todo tipo de cosas. Se me han abierto muchas puertas, lo cual me permitirá crecer mi carrera. Estoy sumamente agradecido que todo lo que he hecho estos últimos 10 años en este tema, de jugar profesionalmente, ha llegado a esto. Cada noche que no dormí porque estaba practicando, todas las cosas que vendí o las horas que trabaje para asistir a los torneos, todos los días que me la pase creando nuevas conexiones y buscando por oportunidades y todas las veces que seguí empujando, y empujando cuando las cosas no se veían brillantes. Que todo lo que hice, importo. Que cada vez que estaba al borde de la derrota, alguien (Mi mama, mis amigos o mis fans) me darían una nueva inspiración para seguir con incluso más ganas. Ahora, todo esto valió la pena y el esfuerzo y es todo gracias al apoyo de ustedes. My país, Chile, considera esto un gran honor, sin embargo, el honor es mío ya que estoy muy feliz de saber que consideren mi victoria de esta forma. Estoy muy honrado, feliz y agradecido por su apoyo y como lo ven. Sólo quería postear aquí para agradecerles a todos por su increíble apoyo. Me hace muy feliz saber que puedo vivir mi sueno después de intentar tantos años. Espero continuar siendo un jugador profesional cuando Smash 4 llegue a nuestras manos. Esto es por otra generación de Smash Brothers! Empecé con esto cuando tenía 9 años, y ahora tengo 19. Las cosas han cambiado, eso es seguro, pero esto siempre estará en mi corazón: Mi amor por la saga, Nintendo y la brillante y asombrosa comunidad que tiene.

Gracias a todos, no estaría acá sin ustedes!

-ZeRo

Last edited:

ChillySundance

Smash Apprentice
You looked like you were having so much fun at the tournament, especially getting to interact with the crowd. I'm sure some of your hype and enthusiasm must have rubbed off on Sakurai and Nintendo, which can only benefit the scene as a whole.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I want to say something, but it's hard to think of something fitting. Heck, it's hard for me to even believe that I can actually talk to the players that were onstage! The things Nintendo are doing for the competitive community are just great. They're making players famous! It just feels great to be a part of the future SSB4 scene.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Good sir, there are few words that I can personally use to describe how happy I am for you, as well as the rest of the Smash Invitational participants. This event, I feel, has truly revolutionized the way that Nintendo and the competitive Smash community view each other, and you are part of the reason that's all been made possible. As a fellow man of Hispanic origin (Cuban, actually, so not exactly neighbors but bonded in at least a few ways), it gives me great pride to see you as the winner of the Smash Invitational. Here's hoping to a successful career for you once Smash 4 actually comes out. And please watch out for me! It is my dream to one day become as good of a player as you, Zero.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
Go on, man. But watch out, i'm going to earn my place as one of the greats. One step at a time. Congrats, though. Also, being from the Dominican Republic, it's good to have some latino representation.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
No problem, you played amazingly well. I remember when you kept on using Zero Suit Samus's final smash and there crowd going wild.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Siendo de Venezuela, me alegra ver a un Latino siendo parte de algo que es tan importante para mi como Smash y Nintendo.
You played amazingly...and I seriously couldn't believe the people booing you, yes, you played defensively, but most people play defensively on Grand Finals, even in Melee/Project M.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
You were awesome dude, I was watching the first round you were in and I was like "yep, that dude's going to the finals" and I'm stoked it ended up happening. I've never been much of a ZSS player but I now understand what CAN happen in the hands of a great player

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Congratulations on winning the tournament. You did really well! The people booing you bothered me so much, you wouldn't believe me. But hey, in the end it was you the one to have the chance to play Smash 4 before most people and the one to win the tournament, not them. Maybe they were just envious. :p Anyway, I wish you all the best in your career. Cheers!

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
My roommates (who don't give a rat's about Smash) and I enjoyed watching the Invitational. My brother's girlfriend enjoyed your swag lol

Seriously though, says a lot about the freshness of the game that Zero Suit Samus took the win, I bet you're happy with the buffs. Maybe one day my armored Samus will get to face you

Top Bottom