• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thank you 1UP!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The guys at 1UP finally removed from their site the rumor about Celda, Ridley, and Baby Bowser, that’s been there for months that Scav was referring to in <a href="http://smashbrawl.com/2007/03/05/baby-bowser-cel-link-ridley-rumor-2-the-revenge/">this post</a>. If only other websites would also verify their facts before posting, we’d have a lot fewer people who have no idea what’s going on with Brawl. Hit the jump for the current facts.

<!--more-->- Hopefully it will be released this year.
- Not all characters from Melee are returning (although we have no idea who is not returning).
- Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox, Metaknight, Solid Snake, Samus/Zamus, Pit, and Wario are definitely in the game.
- It will probably include Gamecube controller support, at the very least.
- There are some stages.
- It’s still a fighting game.
- There are super moves, now.
- There will be items.

Basically, if you hear anything and it’s not on this list, it’s probably fake. If you’re confused, just check this website. If something “new” comes out, we’ll have a writeup about it. If we can’t definitely say one way or the other if something is fake, we can still make an educated guess about it. Basically, anything you hear in the next few months that doesn’t directly from Nintendo is going to be fake. Trust me, I paid attention before Melee was released. In the months preceding the game’s release, tons and tons of people claimed to be in the know, saying their father worked at Nintendo, or their uncle had an NDA because he worked on the game or something. Please, don’t believe these people. Employees who work on Nintendo’s games sign NDA (that is, NonDisclosure Agreements), making it <em>illegal</em> for them to reveal anything about the game. If some random person associated with the game started posting across the internet with the information, Nintendo would shut them down quickly. So chances are, if you see someone who says that they know, they really don’t.

Have a nice day!<!--more--><!--more--><!--more--><!--more--><!--more--><!--more--><!--more-->

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
Agh! I’m not the only one. But the wait for Brawl is killing me, it almost makes the totally false rumors interesting. Not to mention the lack of release date, and the awfully dry amount of any new official information in the recent months.

Thanks a lot for this blog to supply all the little details that swarm around the net relating to Brawl. Even if most information is all rumor related.

A

Andy

It is really disappointing that some of the characters won’t be returning. This is the only fighting game I like so I don’t know if that is usual for series to drop characters. I would think that they would want to build up on the library on characters to choose from. Sure I didn’t play with all of the additions that were in Melee, but I would hope that they would all return to keep the variety up.

U

UndrDog

It is a very common trend. And I’m thinking that certain games from here on forward will feature certain characters. Almost how adding Link to Soul Calibur 2 was obviously a one time deal. Saddly though we don’t know whether to hold on to the new additions? Or acknowledge the fact that they won’t be here the next time.

But of course this is all speculation. It would be nice if they held on to all of the characters. Or even better if they pop back up later in the franchise.

B

Brad

I’m a little disapointed that the rumors are FACK and some of SSBM aren’t in it, because i really want Ridley, General Scales and Marth in SSBB.

Mainly Ridley.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
False rumors…whoever makes them needs a smack in the face, especially because their are idiots who don’t check their sources! Die false rumors, die! Plus it upset me, because I knew it was fake, and WW Link and Ridley are two of my most desired characters for Brawl. DIE FAKE RUMORS! DIE!

Top Bottom