• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures can make you a better player?

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Link to original post: [drupal=5469]Textures can make you a better player?[/drupal]

I started using textures last month,and for some reason,the combination of the musics and the stages of these textures are helping me to improve in the game quickly.

I hear the music,I see the beautiful/cool stage,some hype is created on my brain,them I use this hype to play better,read my opponent better,recover better,etc.

What your guys think about it?
Textures can actually help you improve on the game?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Textures can help you get a better idea of where your character is if it's a character hack
For example, pros in LoL tend to choose skins for viability in competitive play, and Riot actually does take that into account

:phone:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
This is an interesting idea, and it probably has quite a bit of credit behind it. There is a lot to be said about how aesthetics can give you more motivation to try, and music can certainly affect a mindset (both of these things are studied extensively in psychology).

EDIT: Maybe some (emphasis on some) of the reason Mr.R and Leon are such unique and great players is because they have such iconic textures that they use all the time. It might inspire them (whether they are conscious of this fact or not) to play in that trademark way we all know and love.

Top Bottom