• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture Help

AZ!

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to get the spider-man fox skin to work but i seem to be having problems. The only part im stuck at is when i get the gcrebuilder and try to import the file "spider-fox.rar" it says the the file is too large to import. This is my first time trying to change a texture so i would appreciate some help.

DRGN

Technowizard
".rar" is the file extension for a compressed file or folder (in order to save space and/or be uploaded online as a single file, since often you can't really upload a folder). You need to extract that file (with something like WinZip or 7-zip). To do that, you should be able to right-click on the file and have a WinZip option. e.g.:
upload_2016-8-23_14-1-44.png
If you don't have either of those, download 7zip and use that to extract the zip. You should then get one or more files, one of which should be a .dat file. That is what you need to import into your game. You can do the import with GCR (which I see you already have), or DAT Texture Wizard (DTW). If you have trouble finding the right file to replace, try DTW, as the files are a bit more organized and have descriptions.

Also, btw, there are a couple of texture threads existing already which you can post questions into. I would recommend the Official Melee Texture Hack Thread, (unless you have a question specific to DTW or find a bug, in which case the DTW thread would be a better pick).

AZ!

Smash Rookie
".rar" is the file extension for a compressed file or folder (in order to save space and/or be uploaded online as a single file, since often you can't really upload a folder). You need to extract that file (with something like WinZip or 7-zip). To do that, you should be able to right-click on the file and have a WinZip option. e.g.:
View attachment 116153
If you don't have either of those, download 7zip and use that to extract the zip. You should then get one or more files, one of which should be a .dat file. That is what you need to import into your game. You can do the import with GCR (which I see you already have), or DAT Texture Wizard (DTW). If you have trouble finding the right file to replace, try DTW, as the files are a bit more organized and have descriptions.

Also, btw, there are a couple of texture threads existing already which you can post questions into. I would recommend the Official Melee Texture Hack Thread, (unless you have a question specific to DTW or find a bug, in which case the DTW thread would be a better pick).
thank you so much and sorry about posting in the wrong thread...

Top Bottom