• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tether recovery weirdness

AgentM

Smash Rookie
Something strange happens when using Samus's tether recovery, that maybe someone here can explain... Sometimes her Zair will home in on the edge of a stage, but for some reason won't stick. I've tried making sure that I am not inputting anything other than Zair or shield+attack in the air but it still just completely whiffs sometimes, seemingly randomly. Does anyone here know why this happens?

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I actually think this happens right at the edge of the range. I've had this happen before where I'm sure I'm not pushing down (new controller)

Last edited:

AgentM

Smash Rookie
Holding down it won't stick. Maybe your controller is inputting down on its own because of the way it's broken in.
Holding down does not passively prevent a tether from attaching to the stage, unlike regular edge grabs. If you want to cancel a tether while hanging from the stage you can only input down after the tether has attached. Any time before does nothing...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It will happen if you are at an angle that won't let you "swing" upon latching the tether. Basically if you're too high, low, close, or far.

AgentM

Smash Rookie
It will happen if you are at an angle that won't let you "swing" upon latching the tether. Basically if you're too high, low, close, or far.
Ah, that makes sense, and checks out. Thank you!

Top Bottom