• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tether-guard and DI+Upb recovery

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
They're simple, yet effective, and I don't see people using them, so I thought I'd share it. If you already know about it, than props. If not, enjoy! They're in Izaw's "The Art Of Link", but they apply to Olimar as well.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=V0u3sUOShcI

7:45-Just press upb instead of z and it'll work.

4:50-I'm not sure if it works, but try it out with Olimar's upb

Discuss~

Sprinkle

Smash Rookie
I remember hearing or reading about the downward DI+tether recovery somewhere before with Olimar. I don't see why It wouldn't work for him. One problem I have is that I usually DI up on horizontal attacks, maybe its just a habit, but if you don't get that quick tether off, being below the ledge with Olimar can be a problem sometimes. The other technique is great though.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
They're simple, yet effective, and I don't see people using them, so I thought I'd share it. If you already know about it, than props. If not, enjoy! They're in Izaw's "The Art Of Link", but they apply to Olimar as well.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=V0u3sUOShcI

7:45-Just press upb instead of z and it'll work.

4:50-I'm not sure if it works, but try it out with Olimar's upb

Discuss~
The reason I don't use these is that is you mess up with Link, you will be hit upwards (usually) and then you simply recover...Olly it seems that you will lose a stock b/c of back luck. Plus, the up b sends you downward as your recover which means you don't get instant Inv frames like Link and TL does.

Top Bottom