• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing lag

swordgard

Smash Hero
Recently, i have bought a dvd recorder to replace my old vcr, however after testing it I was not sure if it created lag. This topic was created in the brawl online discussion because the lag actually acts like button delay, however i am still unsure wether its just my head playing tricks on me or is it really lagging.

To get on the topic: Is there any way to test if there is button delay/lag except by feeling it.

BA-Leif

Smash Cadet
ya it lags, because the wii sends the data of what you see first to the DVD recorder and then to the TV , after it has "translated" the data for itself

...a friend of mine and I got the same problem when we wanted to record a brawl match for a schoolproject...it was unplayable ...so we ended p in recording a replay

4Serial

Smash Lord
...a friend of mine and I got the same problem when we wanted to record a brawl match for a schoolproject...it was unplayable ...so we ended p in recording a replay
depends on the type of recording device you're using. you also need splitters (wires) that let you record on the computer while you play it on your tv, so you won't experience lag when you're playing, but if you're watching it record on your computer, you'll notice the lag.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
how the hell are you going to say "Yeah it definately lags"? You aren't even there, every setup is different, the only real way is to notice it yourself, and if you can't notice it, it obviously isn't affecting you

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I use this method to record and using it that was does lag, but I split the video (so the video goes to both the DVD writer and the tv, not the DVD writer then the tv) so i dont see any of the lag.

Top Bottom