• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Terra Forming: Is it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
As the days grow on, we use all our non-recyclable resources without even knowing it. Like a car, that burns fossil fuels, and we use more and more, it becomes scarce, and gas prices go up.

Now, they're trying to change Mars into a copy of Earth, so in a few million years, when Earth is a desolate place with nothing, we will be on Mars before you know it, and expending of its resources, destroying it too.

Something tells me that this cycle will go on for some time, unless we become a little bit wiser. So, we'd be kind of like the Roman Empire without knowing it; we'd fly around, conquering/ruining planet after planet, until one day, we realize that our civilization is unwittingly more destructive than the Taliban.

We may even come across a planet with life on it, and morphing its atmosphere would kill it off, only for our short-lived stay on it. I just have a bad feeling about it; it doesn't feel right. So, basically, this debate is about whether or not Terra Forming is really right.

-I

kj

Smash Journeyman
Of course it's not right. Humans have to accept the consiquences of their actions, if we destroy the planet either we fix it or die. Mankind is best compared to a parasite, we move in destroy most natural life and suit our new enviorment to our needs and our needs alone. It's wrong to waste all supplies of non-renewable resources. Think of the earth as a cup and all non-renewable resources as water in the cup. Then us "Modern humans" come and consume all the water. Great now we have nothing left, what a great way to live. "Yeah, lets use all resources so when we are old we can "purify" our p1ss and drink it, what a wonderful life.
But wait we could go suck a diffrent planet of it's resources, great now we're all just a bunch of vermin, jumping on the back of something taking all we can and moving on. What a way to live. God Bless America.
Maybe if the whole world would admit that we all really screwed up this time then maybe just maybe it could be acceptable. But only once, we don't wan't the aliens calling us the planet killers.

You know how we make these movies where aliens attack us and try to take over, well if we started going round depleting planets we would be reduced to that. Great, now we're space invaders.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Personally, I don't believe humanity will be around long enough to see their plan unfold, but I think terraforming is a fascinating concept! Takes a long time though... I think I heard it would take something like 50 years just to melt the polar ice caps on Mars... and probably over a hundred before they actually had some resemblance of a life sustaining atmosphere. Maybe my numbers are off... I don't even remember where I heard that from, lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom